Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Andrei Svechnikov (HNL) scores impressive lacrosse style goal

🏒

5 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Funny how the officials missed it the first time. It looked good to me from the get-go on my TV :dunno:

Yup. I thought it was in when I saw it live. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Yup. I thought it was in when I saw it live. 

Makes you wonder how many goals were missed in the days before replay. I remember one in particular, a late season game with playoff implications in '90 or '91. I think it was a Flyers game. A guy took a slap shot that went under the crossbar and hit the rear crossbar, which at the time had no padding, so it "dinged" like any other shot that hits metal. No one noticed, everyone kept playing and they finished the game. ESPN showed it the next day. I think that play was why the NHL implemented replay.

47 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Makes you wonder how many goals were missed in the days before replay. I remember one in particular, a late season game with playoff implications in '90 or '91. I think it was a Flyers game. A guy took a slap shot that went under the crossbar and hit the rear crossbar, which at the time had no padding, so it "dinged" like any other shot that hits metal. No one noticed, everyone kept playing and they finished the game. ESPN showed it the next day. I think that play was why the NHL implemented replay.

hundreds or the reverse.

How about the goal taken off the board for Carolina last night? barely touching the goal line

Am that even legal?  Ain't really seemp like something they'd wanna encourage. 🤤

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

hundreds or the reverse.

How about the goal taken off the board for Carolina last night? barely touching the goal line

That no-goal call last night was correct

1 hour ago, Thornton Melon said:

That no-goal call last night was correct

It was. Without IR that was called a goal. No game has benefited more from IR than hockey.