Sign in to follow this  
Bill E.

Fossil Diver Attacked by Alligator

I know him in passing.  Messaging etc and he bought a few things from me.  I would not have survived. 

"Out of air and pinned by an alligator to the bottom of the Cooper River in South Carolina, Will Georgitis decided his only chance to survive might be to lose his arm.

The alligator had fixed his jaws around Georgitis’ arm and after he tried to escape by stabbing it with the screwdriver he uses to pry fossilized shark teeth off the riverbed, the gator shook the diver and dragged him 50 feet (15 meters) down, Georgitis told The Post and Courier."

https://apnews.com/article/alligator-attack-south-carolina-man-survives-f39e18f7dd4e785754daadcfe49bd2c8

Wow, just wow. The are getting very aggressive lately. I won’t swim with them anymore because of story’s like this. 

With the alligator's jaws clutching his arm from wrist to elbow, Georgitis took the screwdriver he uses to pry fossils out of the river bed and tried to stab the reptile in the eye.

Wow, how do you even think, "Oh yeah, I got a screwdriver in my gear" and get it out and use it as a weapon.  Glad he made it.  :thumbsup: