Sign in to follow this  
bigtuna

Poor Ugly Stick

You have all these #1 picks and Comets and Hammerheads totally tanked it this week with their lineups.

Comets did not put in a lineup and Hammerheads put in a lineup that raised some eyebrows when i saw it.

i am not sure about Hammer...he had some potential injuries...but he played worse injured players...you never know

Hammer put one in this morning, I got the email at like 5AM. We're just better. :) :) We're 4-5 now and we're coming on strong! Pick schmicks, the dynasty is coming together my friends!

Folston and his 2 bye players and Bulger sitting is definitely shady though.   :mellow:

That sucks on 2 levels as well - a free win for S&S, making the run at the playoffs harder and making our picks suck more. B)

Tuna emailed me on both of these teams.............here were my answer's:

I do not have a first round pick this year....but i know it affects others. Folston Comets put in a lineup this week that caused me to raise my eyebrows and look at it...appears to be tanking it

dave

Actually.......he didn't put in a line-up. He missed the 1:00pm deadline. I guess he was busy or is out of town. The computer automatically uses the week's prior line-up.

Next e-mail:

What about Hammerheads? He started Donte Stallworth (injured) and Travis Taylor over much better options... I don't know what they are doing or if they are not paying attention...but they should not be in the league if they can't bother to put in a lineup. Check out Hammer's lineup...it sucked and it could have been better. Again i have no #1 pick, but if i did, and i saw people tanking it....i'd be pissed.

Tuna,

You seriously need to look and think before you accuse. From the options he had....the only person I would have started over the ones he did was DJax. But he was considered doubtful the whole week. To be honest, I was even surprised when I saw his name flash up on the screen with a TD catch. He probably thought he was out and didn't start him. Some links below to validate........

Link1

Link2

I appreciate the effort to ensure that nobody is tanking it but please do me a favor.......Research before starting threads....................TIA

This guy has not made a transaction since Sept 22. No waiver, no trade, no cuts, no IR.

He should have been bounced last year. I would have played Jax over Donte (who has been benched) for sure and likely TT aas well, but the while there was Risk, there was reward.

even if he played Rod Gardner, who played sparingly with an injury, it would have made sense, because he has produced this year.

Believe me i am aware of all the injury situations, i spend a lot of time on the board and have read all those threads.

I am just trying to make the league better and fair for everyone, and in this case, Ugly Stick is getting screwed by pwople not putting in lineups and others not taking care of their franchises. If they do not want to take care of the franchise and make moves to help their team then lets get them out and new good owners in there.

and the fact he did not put in a lineup is no focking excuse! this is not the first time, and does that make it okay for Stick to do the same?

i am just looking out for the good owners in the league, GOD knows that my season is totally lost.

Perhaps because the commish benefitted from someone not putting in their lineup has something to do with your position? :D

This guy has not made a transaction since Sept 22. No waiver, no trade, no cuts, no IR.

He should have been bounced last year. I would have played Jax over Donte (who has been benched) for sure and likely TT aas well, but the while there was Risk, there was reward.

even if he played Rod Gardner, who played sparingly with an injury, it would have made sense, because he has produced this year.

Believe me i am aware of all the injury situations, i spend a lot of time on the board and have read all those threads.

I am just trying to make the league better and fair for everyone, and in this case, Ugly Stick is getting screwed by pwople not putting in lineups and others not taking care of their franchises. If they do not want to take care of the franchise and make moves to help their team then lets get them out and new good owners in there.

and the fact he did not put in a lineup is no focking excuse! this is not the first time, and does that make it okay for Stick to do the same?

i am just looking out for the good owners in the league, GOD knows that my season is totally lost.

Perhaps because the commish benefitted from someone not putting in their lineup has something to do with your position? :)

Tuna, aren't you the one that played an injured Vick most of last season because you refused to cut one of your 12 RB's with "potential" to pick up a WW QB? Pot..kettle..black???

He should have been bounced last year.  I would have played Jax over Donte (who has been benched) for sure and likely TT aas well, but the while there was Risk, there was reward.

I am just trying to make the league better and fair for everyone, and in this case, Ugly Stick is getting screwed by pwople not putting in lineups and others not taking care of their franchises.  If they do not want to take care of the franchise and make moves to help their team then lets get them out and new good owners in there.

Perhaps because the commish benefitted from someone not putting in their lineup has something to do with your position?  :)

Tuna, aren't you the one that played an injured Vick most of last season because you refused to cut one of your 12 RB's with "potential" to pick up a WW QB? Pot..kettle..black???

when a QB became available to pick up a Qb and i did Rick Mirer. He played like 6 staight starts for me. i was playing with my best players on my roster every week.

and my team was absolutely terrible, no QB was saving it and when was available i picked one up.

i was putting up like 35 points a week.

\

AND I WON 2 GAMES ALL YEAR, both were with Vick in my lineup. (giving me zero's)

I was 0 for the season with a full lineup, but when a QB became available, i did pick one up.

He should have been bounced last year.  I would have played Jax over Donte (who has been benched) for sure and likely TT aas well, but the while there was Risk, there was reward.

I am just trying to make the league better and fair for everyone, and in this case, Ugly Stick is getting screwed by pwople not putting in lineups and others not taking care of their franchises.  If they do not want to take care of the franchise and make moves to help their team then lets get them out and new good owners in there.

Perhaps because the commish benefitted from someone not putting in their lineup has something to do with your position?  :clap:

when a QB became available to pick up a Qb and i did Rick Mirer. He played like 6 staight starts for me. i was playing with my best players on my roster every week.

and my team was absolutely terrible, no QB was saving it and when was available i picked one up.

i was putting up like 35 points a week.

\

AND I WON 2 GAMES ALL YEAR, both were with Vick in my lineup. (giving me zero's)

I was 0 for the season with a full lineup, but when a QB became available, i did pick one up.

It's not hard to look at last year's web-site and see that the above is complete bull-sh!t. Your dropped D. Johnson after week 5 and started Vick week 6-9. Johnson did not get benched (or hurt, can't remember) until the end of week 6. Then you could have easily p/u Kittner to have a starter (you have the Waover priority to do it), but chose not to. The Beuerlein became the starter in Denver and was available after week 6, you chose not to pick him up. The Tui became available for your week 9 start, you chose not to grab him. Then finally you grabbed meier.

Tell me I'm wrong! Look at it yourself, I don't care. But don't go ripping on guys when you chose not to grab a QB for 4 weeks last year. And I'm not even going to go into the guys you passed up from the Vick injury to week 5 that could have served as a b/u. I know, your team was very bad, you were building for this year, I get that, but don't tell me you couldn't have made sure you had a QB for every week! I was not born last night.

Now that I have finished my rant, your absolutely right about watching teams from tanking, but that's the commish's job and a thread accusing them of this is probally not necessary.

This thread "is" completely unnecessary. I always keep an eye out.

I will ask you again Tuna. Don't post unless you research.

Guess what.........I, too, have made only one transaction after Sept 22nd. I had to pick up Fielder because I forogt both my QB's had the same bye. A slight oversight. Now, does that make me a crappy owner. I think not (and my record shows it....I beat your supposedly turned around teams arse). Not everyone is a waiver wire junkie nor do they have to be.

And you're wrong about Folston...this "is" the first time he hasn't put in a line-up this year. And as for your jab about it benefiting me....it didn't land homeboy. It is in the rules and I follow the rules if it helps or hurts me. Once again, research before spewing.

As for Hammerheads.......it is his team and he can play anyone he wants. Fantasy football is about hunches/opinions. He has his and you have yours. By the way, Stallworth did play yesterday but sucked. And I arleady explained the DJax situation.....everyone was reporting him out. Get over it. And I am glad he started TT over Gardner (which is the opposite of what you would have done) because at least TT got points. My point is simple.......it is his team and who the fock are you or me to tell him who to play.

It is in the rules that I will ensure a team is putting a competetive team in every week.....which I do. But it has to be "completely blatant" for me to make a change. Hell, just for shiats and gigles I "researched" Hammerheads line-ups from week one all the way to week nine. I saw no game thrown. He started everyone he wanted and probably should've.

Guess what Tuna, you have the lowest efficiency rating in the league. I guess your hunches/opinions aren't as good as you think they are, huh.

I agree on the DJax/Stallworth one personally, I was excited about KRob's prospects because I thought he wasn't playing and due to having to work until 6 AM I wouldn't have been able to start him had he been on my team.

Hammer turned in a lineup at 5 AM Sunday, so he did make a genuine effort I believe. Until that point he had his previous week lineup in there that included Ahman Green on bye, and I would have piped up about that one.

But there really is no excuse for starting 2 bye players. You can turn your lineup in on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc, etc. I don't know what has been done in the past, this is my first year in the league, but this really has to stop at some point for the competitive balance of the league.

Not only does it effect my draft picks, but people are competing for a title/money in this league. S&S was given a free win, in essence, and anyone competing for a playoff spot could and probably did suffer as a result of that. Had he won I would be within 1 game of 3 teams rather than 1, as would Horsemen.

I'm not going to get into what was done in the past, but this situation does need to be looked into. Or perhaps I should have been "too busy" earlier in the year when my team seemed to have no shot at it.

Now I'm not saying that Folston is trying to throw, he's at 4-4 at this point in time and has a shot at the playoffs. However, there is almost no excuse, barring a crisis, that excuses not turning in a lineup when there are 2 bye players in.

I've had this problem in a free league I run....and it will be addressed in the rules in the offseason.

Guess what Tuna, you have the lowest efficiency rating in the league. I guess your hunches/opinions aren't as good as you think they are, huh.

no its just bad luck (and horrific injuries)

anmd your just jealous i whipped your ass in the Shula Bowl last year :thumbsdown:

I will be back!! :(

Now, does that make me a crappy owner.

No, your craptastic selection of players and submitting lineups does that for you. :ph34r:

Guess what Tuna, you have the lowest efficiency rating in the league.  I guess your hunches/opinions aren't as good as you think they are, huh.

no its just bad luck (and horrific injuries)

anmd your just jealous i whipped your ass in the Shula Bowl last year :(

I will be back!! :thumbsup:

Horrific injuries? Which ones?

Was hoping Edge hit paydirt and it wouldn't have mattered. Folston actually could have won this game if he started the right players rather than hurt/injured dudes. :D

Could have possibly lost as well if he didn't start Terrell, but still..

Was hoping Edge hit paydirt and it wouldn't have mattered. Folston actually could have won this game if he started the right players rather than hurt/injured dudes. :thumbsup:

Th Edge did get me enough to where his line-up didn't matter.

There was no combination of WR's and/or RB's that could've beat me. The only way is if he changed his QB, which I personally think he might not have because if you "research" you will see that he has been switching between Warner and Bulger all year.....and Warner was playing the Bears.

Also, if you look at possible scores.......I beat him all the way around if I made the right choices no matter who he started.

So, let's put this "free win" shiat to rest.........I beat him, luckily I might add.

On a side note, I e-mailed Malcom to see if everything is o-kay and try to see what might have happened.

Was hoping Edge hit paydirt and it wouldn't have mattered.   Folston actually could have won this game if he started the right players rather than hurt/injured dudes.   :cry:

Th Edge did get me enough to where his line-up didn't matter.

There was no combination of WR's and/or RB's that could've beat me. The only way is if he changed his QB, which I personally think he might not have because if you "research" you will see that he has been switching between Warner and Bulger all year.....and Warner was playing the Bears.

Also, if you look at possible scores.......I beat him all the way around if I made the right choices no matter who he started.

So, let's put this "free win" shiat to rest.........I beat him, luckily I might add.

On a side note, I e-mailed Malcom to see if everything is o-kay and try to see what might have happened.

While possible Bulger wouldn't have been put it, there are very good odds that Bulger was going to be in his lineup and it did matter as well. There was a combination on his roster that was very likely to be inserted and could have beat you, but of course without him ACTUALLY submitting a lineup there is no way we will know whether that would have happened. It doesn't take "research" to be able to tell it was very possible Bulger would be in had he turned in a lineup.

Your possible scores are irrelevant - you actually turned in a lineup. He didn't.

There is no "putting it to rest" because it's quite possible that it was indeed a win that wouldn't have happened had he actually turned in a lineup.

There's really nothing that can be done about it at this point other than follow up with Malcom though, thanks for doing so.

only a moron would switch Bulger and Warner

but i am no position to be dispensing advice

My point is that you and Tuna were not happy with him not putting in a line-up, which meant he satrted a hurt RB and two WR's on byes. That was the bulk of your arguement.

My point is that if he replaced that hurt RB and those two WR's on byes...it wouldn't have helped. I still would have won.

Now you are saying that he "may" have started Bulger, which goes back to choice/hunches/opinions. Hell, if I started Green over McNabb we wouldn't be discussing this right now.

You can say all the "mays" and "ifs" you want...............I beat his team even he he did substitute those hurt or bye players. Not to mention.....Bulger against NE or Warner vs the Bears....hmmmmmmm. And let's not use hindsight....it would have been a tough call for anyone.

Anyway...........I've enjoyed this debate but glad it's over. I hope to hear from Malcom soon.

My point is that you and Tuna were not happy with him not putting in a line-up, which meant he satrted a hurt RB and two WR's on byes.  That was the bulk of your arguement.

My point is that if he replaced that hurt RB and those two WR's on byes...it wouldn't have helped.  I still would have won.

Now you are saying that he "may" have started Bulger, which goes back to choice/hunches/opinions.  Hell, if I started Green over McNabb we wouldn't be discussing this right now.

You can say all the "mays" and "ifs" you want...............I beat his team even he he did substitute those hurt or bye players.  Not to mention.....Bulger against NE or Warner vs the Bears....hmmmmmmm.  And let's not use hindsight....it would have been a tough call for anyone.

Anyway...........I've enjoyed this debate but glad it's over.  I hope to hear from Malcom soon.

Not trying to get you to overturn it or award a win the other way, never was. What's done is done. Was just saying that I wished Edge would have scored and there would have been no question on the outcome either way. As is, there is some.

It just would have made the situation suck a little less had there been certainty.

Truer words were never spoken...........I wish James went off also.

By the way......Malcolm answered my e-mail:

Ralph,

Yeah I put my lineup in but my computer kicked me off. I'm guessing it didn't go in. I noticed it Sunday afternoon but at that point it was to late. Thanks for the consideration.

malcolm