Sign in to follow this  
Miller_Time_21

Commish..

Can i IR Branch? He has been listed as Doubtful for like 5 or 6 weeks! He is out indefinatly. I can't help NE is playing games with their listing of him. He's more out them some of the guys on IR. I know what the rules are, but thought I'd ask anyways.

I can see your point, but this is really opening up a can of worms if it is allowed....

Just my 2 cents.

You will get no IR...and you will like it. :rolleyes:

Actually I did some thinking and research into this. The rules I believe state they have to be listed as out, and even though he is doubtful each week ,each week he is switched to Out when he is inactive. This is why i am placing him on the IR unless Battle says I can't.

From NFL.com:

Not Active

3QB 13 Ji.Miller, CB 24 T.Law, RB 27 R.Abdullah, RB 34 C.Cobbs, CB 38 T.Poole, WR 83 D.Branch, DE 91 M.Hill, DT 99 E.Kelley

I call that Out.

Battle, if you disagree, fine, I'll live with your ruling on this. But please clarify why when he is clearly out. If you agree, please place him on IR for me sine it won't let me. Thanks!

You will get no IR...and you will like it. :huh:

Actually I did some thinking and research into this. The rules I believe state they have to be listed as out, and even though he is doubtful each week ,each week he is switched to Out when he is inactive. This is why i am placing him on the IR unless Battle says I can't.

From NFL.com:

Not Active

3QB 13 Ji.Miller, CB 24 T.Law, RB 27 R.Abdullah, RB 34 C.Cobbs, CB 38 T.Poole, WR 83 D.Branch, DE 91 M.Hill, DT 99 E.Kelley

I call that Out.

Battle, if you disagree, fine, I'll live with your ruling on this. But please clarify why when he is clearly out. If you agree, please place him on IR for me sine it won't let me. Thanks!

that would open up a whole load of stuff. teams put 5 players every week on that list.

I agree the system sucks as is..i believe we should go with the same system as Shula (none).

I feel for ya MT, but if we have gone this long with the rules and the commish is in charge, but this situation could have been applied several times to a lot of people (like randy Moss this week).

This is exactly why I think we need to do away with the IR and simply have a 22 man roster. That's what everyone that is paying attention is basically doing anyway. :thumbsup:

You will get no IR...and you will like it. :D

From NFL.com:

Not Active

I call that Out.

that would open up a whole load of stuff. teams put 5 players every week on that list.

I agree the system sucks as is..i believe we should go with the same system as Shula (none).

I feel for ya MT, but if we have gone this long with the rules and the commish is in charge, but this situation could have been applied several times to a lot of people (like randy Moss this week).

Randy Moss is out this week, so why not. The rules clearly state a player must be listed out, deactivating a player is listing them as out. It does not state it must say out by wednesday, it just says out, he has been out for weeks. No can of worms there, simply the rules. Branch is eligible for IR b/c he was out for this week and many others. Clear as mud, but none the less well with in the way the rules read. I don't care how many players that opens up, it's the way it reads, and due to that Branch should be on my IR.

This is exactly why I think we need to do away with the IR and simply have a 22 man roster.  That's what everyone that is paying attention is basically doing anyway. :sleep:

:D

Doc, you also have a trade offer.

You will get no IR...and you will like it. :rolleyes:

From NFL.com:

Not Active

I call that Out.

Randy Moss is out this week, so why not. The rules clearly state a player must be listed out, deactivating a player is listing them as out. It does not state it must say out by wednesday, it just says out, he has been out for weeks. No can of worms there, simply the rules. Branch is eligible for IR b/c he was out for this week and many others. Clear as mud, but none the less well with in the way the rules read. I don't care how many players that opens up, it's the way it reads, and due to that Branch should be on my IR.

b/c inactives have nothing to do with injury's. players get put on the inactive list that are never injured at all (like say Larry Johnson on my team)

the team just does not need them that day.

Inactive list includes completely healthy players.

are they to be allowed to be put on the IR as well. I feel for ya buddy i really do, cause i own Deoin Branch is Lombardi and he is killing me.

Bill Belichick sucks on this shiot but look at it this way....He is close to playing....he is no longer on crutches and he will play in the next week or two

But he's only on the inactive list due to an injury, he's not healthy, hence he's OUT due to injury.

I agree with Tuna, the inactive list is used for a lot of things and this would opening a huge can of worms. There is no "he's technically out", he's either listed as out on the NFL injury report as out or he's not eligible.

I agree with all that say we should do away with this goofy system and either go 22 or only allow players on NFL IR to go on IR.

The way the rules are though, Branch just isn't eligible.

Yo, Miller-Time..................catch up with me tonight on AIM. Thanks bro.........

I've already talk to Miller about this but wanted to let the league know my take on it.

Once again, our rules say "Out" or "Pup" not inactive............so I cannot allow Branch to go on IR.

We will discuss the IR rule in the offseason....................