Sign in to follow this  
bigtuna

very dissapointed

with the lack of trading prior to the deadline.

this league is dying.

with the lack of trading prior to the deadline.

this league is dying.

You being dissappointed by a lack of trading isn't news...............you were probably offering junk anyway.

What is news is the fact of me being tired of you saying this league is "dying" or "dead" or "slow".................just because it doesn't meet the "Tuna" expectations on trades and/or waivers wire moves. :blink: Question: if people don't trade you the guys you want then the league sucks or is dying?/

If you do not like it here then leave. I am absolutely sure I can get another owner mosh kosh.

This league had more people return than Lombardi and Shula. And if it weren't for our former sorry a$$ commish.........everyone would have returned.

As commish, I am asking you to please stop dogging this league. It is fun and competetive. It is filled with a variety of different owners........which, to me, is a good thing for a league.

Not everyone has to make trades twice a week......or make 4 waiver wire pick-ups a week.........or post on the message board 100 times a week. Some owners trust their drafting skills and play good fantasy football. Get over it........

We need some people NOT to return.

the owners added in Shula and Lombardi were great additions

:blink:

:lol:

And here. :wall:

:wall:

Overall I have been pretty pleased with the activity in both Landry and Lombardi this year. I have 17 trades in this league since March 4th, that's an average of about 2 trades a month even in the offseason and preseason. I don't have a single member of my original team except Antowain Smith who I did trade and claimed on waivers, I think if you want to make deals you actually can.

Perhaps you're overvaluing some of those players on your available list? ;)

And here. ;)

Overall I have been pretty pleased with the activity in both Landry and Lombardi this year. I have 17 trades in this league since March 4th, that's an average of about 2 trades a month even in the offseason and preseason. I don't have a single member of my original team except Antowain Smith who I did trade and claimed on waivers, I think if you want to make deals you actually can.

Perhaps you're overvaluing some of those players on your available list? ;)

you are a great owner....

I am sure part of my dissatisfaction here has been the absolute dissapointing season my team has had.

I thought i rebuilt this team pretty well, but really things have not gone well:

-Vick has been a severe dissapointment, and i stuck with him as my starter too long.

-Jamal Lewis in and out of the lineup, and has not been dominant (hurt again today and giving me a BIG zero!

-The Q's injury ended my title hopes

-Chad Johnson has not been a stud WR this year

The only positive has been Rudi J has had a solid season, and Givens/Stokely.

:headbanger:

And here. :wall:

:rolleyes:

Perhaps you're overvaluing some of those players on your available list? :lol:

you are a great owner....

I am sure part of my dissatisfaction here has been the absolute dissapointing season my team has had.

I thought i rebuilt this team pretty well, but really things have not gone well:

-Vick has been a severe dissapointment, and i stuck with him as my starter too long.

-Jamal Lewis in and out of the lineup, and has not been dominant (hurt again today and giving me a BIG zero!

-The Q's injury ended my title hopes

-Chad Johnson has not been a stud WR this year

The only positive has been Rudi J has had a solid season, and Givens/Stokely.

Much appeciated.

Agreed, I am entirely shocked by the way your season has gone. I thought you were a lock for the playoffs and would certainly have a shot at the title when I traded for your pick. Gave up a lot more for Horsemen's pick because I figured it would be much better.

Also thought for sure I would be the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the league. Here I am at 4-6 and in the midst of a very competitive game with your team.

Crazy game we play. Unfortunately, you're in a tough position with much of your talent underperforming and as a result being undervalued. Just a tough, tough spot.

yea real competative.

I figured i had a guarenteed loss with Jamal getting hurt and giving me a zero, and getting gooseeggs from Rams D, Stokely.

then i looked at your lineup....i might yet get a win (with about 45 points)

Well, yah - not really "cometitive", but close. :lol:

Hey, look at the bright side. If you pull this off and Folston's lead holds, you'll be 1 game out of the playoff hunt still. :lol:

DING DING DING...we have a WINNAAAHHH!!!#@!

Seriously, I'm not sure if you believe this league is "dead" because no one is trading with YOU, or if there is no trading at all.

This league is one of the most active leagues I am in (including the Interboard Challenge, which has 60 guys in it) when it comes to trading and waivers.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. And if players want to sit tight on their teams because they like their players...it's their perogative. It doesn't mean that they need to be replaced.

DING DING DING...we have a WINNAAAHHH!!!#@!

Seriously, I'm not sure if you believe this league is "dead" because no one is trading with YOU, or if there is no trading at all.

This league is one of the most active leagues I am in (including the Interboard Challenge, which has 60 guys in it) when it comes to trading and waivers.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. And if players want to sit tight on their teams because they like their players...it's their perogative. It doesn't mean that they need to be replaced.

I play in both of the other FSA Leagues and they are far more active. Its not just not trading with me that bothers me, (because i have not traded as much in the Keeper league as i have in years past) . But rather the lack of activity overall.

It bothers me when their are teams at the bottom of the league, that do not help themselves.

To me this is a FFtoday League. I prefer, when we find new owners we find people who are on the board frequently. They are more accountable, more active and IMO more often thatn not, better owners. (see this years edition, Ugly Stick).

Great owner. I know he knows FF, because he is on the board and follows the games.

I can respect owners that are not all that active in trading! Serbian Assasin almost never trades. He is a focking great owner! He only will trade with you if he is absolutely robbing you. I don't blame him...he has a legendary squad (someday someone will tell me how the old timers in this league lett him collect that focking fleet of stud RB's!) If i was him i would stand pat until i got knocked off.

What i don't understand is owners that don't try, that do not put waiver claims in on players that could help them. That don't make an effort to do what Dr J did this year, (and I did last year), which is clean house on a bad team and start over. Do something.

But YES! Absolutley my teams horrid (and somewhat surprising) season, has clouded my optimism. I had no depth, (I knew that), so if some guys went south, i was in trouble.

Still I am optimistic. Mike Vick will be a elite QB. Jamal Lewis is a great RB. Chad Johnson is a great WR. My supporting cast (Rudi, Givens, Stokely, Brady,) is not bad.

I believe Tatum Bell will eventually take his spot at the top of the Denver food chain. Dom Rhodes may be the starter in Indy next year.

who knows. I need some luck.

Hopefully i will be back.

Im guessing some people dont have the time to put in like others do, or dont want to.

For those that seen the team I took over, I've made my team a whole lot better, but I put the time in. I have slacked off on offers sent these days, but its not alot I can do right now with the team I have. I would have liked to get a stud RB, but there wasnt many out there that could have been dealt.

Five months ago I was sending offers everywhere, sometimes not the best offer, but I was trying. There are some teams, you can send an offer to, but never hear from, which is ok, I choose to do it differently.

I dont mind owners that dont put the time in I do. Thats one less owner I dont have to worry about beating me.

1. Pay Your Money

2. Submit a line-up

3. Run your team how the fock you want to!

4. Ignore Tuna (at least he isn't B!tching to me about Shula)! ;)

1. Pay Your Money

2. Submit a line-up

Thats cause Shula is Da Bomb!

We know you don't really believe in point #3 b/c you wanted ACK out of Shula SOOOOOO BaD!

1. Pay Your Money

2. Submit a line-up

We know you don't really believe in point #3 b/c you wanted ACK out of Shula SOOOOOO BaD!

He didn't run his team. All teams here do.

1. Pay Your Money

2. Submit a line-up

4. Ignore Tuna (at least he isn't B!tching to me about Shula)! :doublethumbsup:

He didn't run his team. All teams here do.

Well, depends on what your definition of running your team is. If submitting lineups is all, yah - everyone here is running their team. If you expect anything beyond that, I'd contend we do have one owner that really isn't managing their team. They have literally payed their dues, made their draft picks, made their cuts, and turned in lineups. The absolute bare minimum.

But hey, donations are accepted in my opinion. You want to give away $50, that's your option as long as you turn in your lineup and make it a fair playing field for the entire league. :thumbsdown:

Discounting one, maybe two owners everyone is very active though and I just don't see the league as a whole being inactive. Even teams who have no shot at winning this season - I know krispy has been right there with me clawing and fighting for any improvement he can get and has kicked my arse on the waiver wire this season.

Even teams who have no shot at winning this season - I know krispy has been right there with me clawing and fighting for any improvement he can get and has kicked my arse on the waiver wire this season.

I have a feeling you'll pay me back in spades come draft time. :thumbsup: