Sign in to follow this  
torridjoe

Shawn Green still available

I'm sure you are having trouble sorting through all the offers that have come pouring in.... :D

Oh, I know! He's so worthless! I mean, the majors are just FULL of .300 hitters who knock 50 HR and steal 20 bases, with runs and RBIs both over 120. Who would want that sack of trash??

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: torridjoe ]

Originally posted by torridjoe:

Who would want that sack of trash??

Someone who is mindful that he will not have much protection in the lineup this year and anticipates a dip in his stats. :D

Originally posted by Bill Swerski:

Someone who is mindful that he will not have much protection in the lineup this year and anticipates a dip in his stats.    :D

Protection = myth. Good hitters hit just as well without protection. And when healthy, Brian Jordan can fit the bill just as easily as Sheffield. The Dodgers haven't hit worth a damn for a while, why should things change now?

Hell, I'd love to have him, but not at the expense of Helton or Mussina...

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Hog Chow ]

Originally posted by Hog Chow:

Hell, I'd love to have him, but not at the expense of Helton or Mussina...

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Hog Chow ]

You are one of the lucky few who have talent equal to the great Shawn Green! I commend you.

(You change your mind on either of those guys, you just let me know, OK?)

JD Drew and a 3rd round pick sounds about right to me.....   :D

Let me throw in a 1st rounder and then we've got a deal! :D

Originally posted by torridjoe:

Let me throw in a 1st rounder and then we've got a deal!   :D

Nah, Bernie and szath would never let a trade like that go through! :D

Serious for a sec:

No owner can object to a trade. The power to veto a trade rests only with the Commissioner, and only for collusion. A 3/4 vote of the non-involved can overturn a veto. If Commish makes a trade the league membership feels is collusive, their only recourse is resignation. If I was in a league where I thought Commish, of all people, was undermining competitive balance on purpose, I'd leave and encourage all other right thinkers to do so anyway.

If it's my estimation that all owners are legitimately under the belief that they are improving their team, I want to treat every owner with the respect to make their own decisions. If that means allowing them to sell the farm for a pitcher in his mid 30s who pitches for an unnamed team in the Deep South, that's what will happen. Because if that pitcher wins 24 games, and some highly touted rookie from a Texas team blows out his arm from prior abuse, we'll all be singing a different tune. (Maybe. But it's possible).

Just clarifying for the new guy.

Oh, I wasn't thinking of objecting or calling "shenanigans".....I just am making fun of szath for getting anally raped in that deal. Is making fun of the dumb against the rules here??? :D

Oh, I wasn't thinking of objecting or calling "shenanigans".....I just am making fun of szath for getting anally raped in that deal.  Is making fun of the dumb against the rules here???   :D

Not at all. Commish joined in the fun, if you'll recall. :0

I was just explaining that I choose to eschew a lot of the potential trouble from constant trade protests. Free-trade leagues are brave things.

I'll find where you live Mr Bill and have you bothered by Jehovah’s Witnesses all summer!!!! I will be competitive this year...early anal probe or not.....

If ya'll don't mind I'd like to keep the free agent team I picked up and save a few hours of drafting time! Please vote for or against me keeping my new team!

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: szath ]

:D :cool: :P

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: szath ]