Sign in to follow this  
DrJ

Hello Mr Randle-El

2 catches for 73 yards and a passing TD already.

If Burress isn't back, this waiver claim is going to pay off.

Also on that note, I stole your boy Bethel, Tuna. With Givens being a RFA, Patten as a UFA, and Troy Brown going from 750K to 2.5 million in salary (can you say cut), he could be Brady's "new favorite receiver" next season. :thumbsup:

Hey Burress, you hear that? It's the sound of your underachieving ass hitting the pavement and looking for a new job. With Randle-El coming up, the Steelers never knew ya.

Definition of hype worthy of Webster's. :banana:

Some guys just wouldn't know talent if it bit em on the leg, I guess. :banana:

Countdown to free agency... T-Minus 3 months or so.

:cry:

Wasn't Burress the reason that Roeth was sucking the last few weeks??? And by the way, you knocked on Palmers decison making this week, wow, let me tell you, I was wowed by Big Ben and those decisions today against a terriable D! :thumbsup:

Wasn't Burress the reason that Roeth was sucking the last few weeks???  And by the way, you knocked on Palmers decison making this week, wow, let me tell you, I was wowed by Big Ben and those decisions today against a terriable D! :rolleyes:

Yes, it's been part of the reason. Randle-El hadn't been playing like this, but if he can continue to, maybe Burress won't be needed afterall. It could be just one game, but it could very well be the start of something much greater. Hines Ward started out as a converted QB that was merely a so-so WR himself.

Today probably isn't going to make Burress any more expendable, and that statement was obviously some half in jest hyping, but Randle's day was definitely encouraging. I picked him up on the off chance that Burress does end up hitting the pavement and a day like today gives hope that that foresight could actually pay off some.

I do agree, some of his decisions today were terrible. Definitely not a good day for Roeth. But this is 1 game, wheras Carson seems to make bad decisions for a living. :shocking: It's obvious, looking at Roeth's body of work and seeing him play in any other game that it isn't characteristic of him. He still completed almost 65% of his passes (even more if you want to count the ones to blue :thumbsup: ) and had well over 10 YPA. It proved that all they need to do is let him pass a bit more, and he'll be far more than a solid FF player. That day is coming, and anyone that has seen him play in more than just today's game knows he isn't going to make those types of decisions consistently.

BTW, side bet offers are still out there. I'd even be willing to take it up a notch and wager league dues 2006 that I win more games or score more points next season. I'm confident I'll have you at at least 4 positions, including QB. :cheers:

Call it hype all you like, but my money is where my mouth is. :pointstosky:

I'm eager for some side bettin'

Another Randle-El sighting.

15 catches for 285 yards and 2 TD's over the last 3 weeks. And another TD passing.

Mr Burress has $$$$ in his eyes...

Bring on Free Agency! My boy wants that starting job!

Burress - "I've played my last game as a Steeler".

Maybe if you boys payed a little attention, you might learn something.

Why don't you pay attention to someone with some true upside!

Hello Mr. Deion Branch!!! Now that is someone who has done something and will only continue to get better.

But yeah ,it looks like Burress is gone. Won't help you much as they will either draft or sign someone to be the #2, Randle-El is a great slot WR, and that's where he can be most useful, doubt they change that.

I do agree, some of his decisions today were terrible. Definitely not a good day for Roeth. But this is 1 game, wheras Carson seems to make bad decisions for a living. :) It's obvious, looking at Roeth's body of work and seeing him play in any other game that it isn't characteristic of him. He still completed almost 65% of his passes (even more if you want to count the ones to blue :blink: ) and had well over 10 YPA. It proved that all they need to do is let him pass a bit more, and he'll be far more than a solid FF player. That day is coming, and anyone that has seen him play in more than just today's game knows he isn't going to make those types of decisions consistently.

Doesn't look like that was just one game, it was the start to the end of the Roeth hype as we know it. he was just plain horriable down the stretch.

I do agree, some of his decisions today were terrible.  Definitely not a good day for Roeth.  But this is 1 game, wheras Carson seems to make bad decisions for a living.  :cry:    It's obvious, looking at Roeth's body of work and seeing him play in any other game that it isn't characteristic of him.  He still completed almost 65% of his passes (even more if you want to count the ones to blue :wall: ) and had well over 10 YPA.  It proved that all they need to do is let him pass a bit more, and he'll be far more than a solid FF player.  That day is coming, and anyone that has seen him play in more than just today's game knows he isn't going to make those types of decisions consistently.

Doesn't look like that was just one game, it was the start to the end of the Roeth hype as we know it. he was just plain horriable down the stretch.

Roeth didn't play any worse against NE than Manning has over the years. Not sure why a couple subpar games against top flight competition would mean the "beginning of the end" for a rookie. :bandana:

But yeah ,it looks like Burress is gone.  Won't help you much as they will either draft or sign someone to be the #2, Randle-El is a great slot WR, and that's where he can be most useful, doubt they change that.

There's only 1 problem with this theory of yours. The FA's WR suck ass and it's the weakest WR draft in about half a decade. The Steelers aren't in position to get a Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards, and there isn't anyone else that can step in from day 1 and take that spot.

Get used to Randle-El, he's here to stay.

there isn't anyone else that can step in from day 1 and take that spot.

Mark Clayton?

By the way, Randle-El is much like his Egyptian counterpart Az-Hakim. Throw in Yu-Gi-Oh and they'd made a bitchin' card game.

Mark Clayton?

By the way, Randle-El is much like his Egyptian counterpart Az-Hakim. Throw in Yu-Gi-Oh and they'd made a bitchin' card game.

First off, Mark Clayton is no bigger or faster than Randle-El. And secondly, he's a rookie. Odds of him making a year 1 impact are 50% at best. Reggie Williams, Michael Jenkins, Rashaun Woods - these guys were all rated higher than him coming out and they all sucked ass this year. By the time the guy even knows the playbook, Randle-El will be a fixture.

As for this Deion Branch mumbo jumbo, the guy has over 3 times as many career starts thanks to the situation he was drafted into, and had Brady vs crapass Maddox previous to this year. He has 300 more career yards and 3 more TD's, and you want to act like he's some superior prospect. Face it - I got your Deion Branch on the waiver wire!

Mark Clayton?

:unsure:

I do agree, some of his decisions today were terrible.   Definitely not a good day for Roeth.   But this is 1 game, wheras Carson seems to make bad decisions for a living.  :banana:    It's obvious, looking at Roeth's body of work and seeing him play in any other game that it isn't characteristic of him.  He still completed almost 65% of his passes (even more if you want to count the ones to blue :unsure: ) and had well over 10 YPA.   It proved that all they need to do is let him pass a bit more, and he'll be far more than a solid FF player.   That day is coming, and anyone that has seen him play in more than just today's game knows he isn't going to make those types of decisions consistently.

Roeth didn't play any worse against NE than Manning has over the years. Not sure why a couple subpar games against top flight competition would mean the "beginning of the end" for a rookie. :unsure:

Never said it was the begining of the end for Roeth, said it was the begining of the end of the Roeth hype as we know it! In other words, the Marino comparisons were silly to begin with and can just stop. This guy is no focking Marino. He'll he's no Brady!!! He is a good prospect who will be a solid QB, no Great, but very solid! It's not the end by any means, but the last 5-6 games was sure a reality check into the myth that was Roeth!

As for this Deion Branch mumbo jumbo, the guy has over 3 times as many career starts thanks to the situation he was drafted into, and had Brady vs crapass Maddox previous to this year. He has 300 more career yards and 3 more TD's, and you want to act like he's some superior prospect. Face it - I got your Deion Branch on the waiver wire!

Hmmm, Brady's #1 target, when healthy I'm betting he'll put up some pretty good numbers! And face it, not sure where Branch came from cause he was on my team when I got it, but I have a feeling it wasn't very much! And you got Randel-El on the WW, because that's all he's worth.

HTH!