Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

Jed York shows no class

...as if we didn't already know that. Seriously though - while as a 'Hawks fan it became entertaining and almost traditional to detest Harbaugh's passion, I now have a growing respect for the man.

While Harbaugh was back in California visiting Pebble Beach with family yesterday, Tim Kawakami conducted an interview with him. You can find the audio here: http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/02/13/tk-show-day-1-conversation-jim-harbaugh-today-clarifying-exit-49ers-move-michigan-much-much/

As one listener commented, "I used to think Jim H was uncomfortable in the media limelight and didn't possess the ability to engage in an interview. Clearly I was mistaken and the fact now appears to be that he simply wanted to avoid saying anything that would upset his management."

-Q: There’s been so much comment from Jed York that it was a mutual separation between you and the team, that you mutually agreed you wouldn’t be the coach. Is that true? Or were you told that you wouldn’t be the coach any more?

-HARBAUGH: Yes, I was told I wouldn’t be the coach any more.

And then… you can call it ‘mutual,’ I mean, I wasn’t going to put the 49ers in the position to have a coach that they didn’t want any more.

But that’s the truth of it. I didn’t leave the 49ers. I felt like the 49er hierarchy left me.

-HARBAUGH: I can’t say that I’ve read everything. I mean, I have a good idea – I’ve got a pretty good understanding of some of the things that took place.

I don’t think we were playing out of the same playbook. But maybe there’ll be a book some day. Maybe I’ll write a manuscript…

-Q: I’d like to read that one.

-HARBAUGH: (Laughs.) Those are good questions for him and the 49er hierarchy. And we’ll leave it at that.

-Q: What was your relationship like with Jim Tomsula at the end? Did you feel like he was at all campaigning for your job while you still had it?

-HARBAUGH: Yeah, that’s a good question for him. Better than to me.

-Q: Was it awkward? His name was certainly out there as a possible potential replacement.

-HARBAUGH: Uhh, there was definitely a point where you walk down the halls and you… I wasn’t reading anything that was on the Internet, I was really focused on doing my job… but definitely walk down the halls and people look away or they look at you and you know something’s going on.

That’s really about the extent of the knowledge that I have on it.

A partial transcript with some significant excerpts may be found here: http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/02/13/jim-harbaugh-interview-transcript-didnt-leave-49ers-felt-like-49er-hierarchy-left/

I don't trust Harbaugh. I'm sure there's some truth to what he says but I'm also sure that he's giving a very selective account

I don't trust Harbaugh. I'm sure there's some truth to what he says but I'm also sure that he's giving a very selective account

Heh. If you were a local who had suffered through the political machinations, daily deception and general skullduggery that Jed York engages in, you might change your opinion. : )

That's all find and dandy . But there is still another side to this short story . Please keep it short . It's done and over now . Time to grow up and move on .

Heh. If you were a local who had suffered through the political machinations, daily deception and general skullduggery that Jed York engages in, you might change your opinion. : )

Maybe. I do admit I don't know squat about York

It's cute how much time Marshall, A Seahawks fan, spends discussing 9'er related topics.

I'd be more concerned about the Seahawk's playcalling choices at the 1 yard line.

:dunno:

It's cute how much time Marshall, A Seahawks fan, spends discussing 9'er related topics.

I'd be more concerned about the Seahawk's playcalling choices at the 1 yard line.

:dunno:

Awwww! It's cute that you care about how I spend my time.

Thank you - I am quite touched. :wub:

Wow.

In case you thought that Niners' management could not stoop any lower, this morning brings news of additional pettiness. Fans are pretty upset today:

...it looks like the official 49ers museum is wiping clean Harbaugh’s most iconic memorabilia. Bay Area Sports Guy and astute museum visitor Jesse Taylor noticed that the old Harbaugh exhibit is no more. What once was a plaque dedicated to the coach is now covered over:

http://http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2015/03/03/it-looks-like-jim-harbaugh-has-been-removed-from-the-49ers-museum/

Part of the reason I hated HarBAWWW was the fact that he was a good coach. He was an @sshole, but he was a damn good coach. It's not like he's an @sshole and a clueless, idiot owner or GM.

Harbaugh is overplaying the jilted girlfriend bit. He does know how to make himself the center of attention though. Whenever you remove someone like that from any organization, there is always some immediate collateral damage. The real question is whether they have the right coaching team in to replace him.

Harbaugh is a good coach and if he really wanted to keep hunting for a Super Bowl, he would have stayed in the NFL? Right? Right. He wouldn't have let other teams figure out how the 49ers tipped their plays. Right? Right. When the offense regressed, he wouldn't have been afraid to shake up the coaching staff. Right? Right.

If nothing else, his 'look at me' persona has drawn attention to some issues in the 49ers' front office. The onus is now on them to address that in house so that if the new coaching teams stumbles, the leaks don't start immediately pouring out of the ship. Time will tell 9ers fans.