Sign in to follow this  
bjsteel

Anyone dropping D. Adams?

Rodgers is the type of QB who completes passes to anyone he wants to.

James Jones got a lot of looks because they knew nobody would be expecting it. Once teams start to focus on Jones, Davante (if I've spelled it right) will get a lot of looks and put up some numbers.

I'm guessing this week or next.

He's still in a high powered offense. dont give up on him yet.

Disagree , I think Jones gets the looks he does because Rodgers feels comfortable in what Jones can do based on the situation .

• Like 1

Disagree , I think Jones gets the looks he does because Rodgers feels comfortable in what Jones can do based on the situation .

Well, jones was signed and basically they plugged and played.

I know he had worked with Rodgers before, so there was a familiarity, but there is no way he could have absorbed all of the playbook that quick. I think its a case where the team they played week 1 and 2 didnt or werent able to stop that connection, so they kept hitting repeat until they proved they could stop it. My bet is that he got the third string DB in week 1.

I am certain that wont be happening again anytime soon.

that being said, Rodgers is the type of QB that can throw players open on timing routes. When that happens, the DB really has to take the chance to jump the route, and when that happens they risk losing on the double move and getting beat deep.

I watched him on some plays last week. he was making some throws before the WR made the cut.

I assure you, there are not a lot of QB's with the confidence to do that.

That is not to take away from what Jones has accomplished. He will still put up numbers. I just think its too early to drop Devante.

Rodgers is the type of QB that can have 3 WR's who get 1000 yards each. I wouldnt guarantee it, but it is possible for him.

Rodgers makes those throws before the cut because he trust that the wr he his throwing the ball to will be at the spot he should be and that comes through trust of playing with each other and that's why Jones was a good pick up for them .

We know Rodgers has two wrs he trusts and you can count on in Cobb and Jones. How valuable is the third? Usually third WRs are not that relevant. Do you think any third WR on the Pack is relevant because of Rodgers?

When healthy, he was getting thrown to.

therefore, Rodgers trusts him.

What the issue is team position vs fantasy position. When healthy, he is GB #2 on the GB depth chart. When healthy he is GB #3 on the Fantasy GB depth chart. Issue between ppr/ppa versus TD's.

Question is. will Adams evolve into being the receipient of TDs. this doesn't always happen for a teams #2 wr. With loss of playing time, does Jones emerge as both #2's onces Adams is healthier.

Dropping or Holding is dependent upon.

What your needs are?

How big your bench is?

If my kicker had not already played this week, I would drop him for one out of need.

That and I see more value in attempting to trade Starks and Davis for WR help.

Rodgers makes those throws before the cut because he trust that the wr he his throwing the ball to will be at the spot he should be and that comes through trust of playing with each other and that's why Jones was a good pick up for them .

I dont disagree.

that being said, the topic is whether D Adams should be dropped. I'd say not yet.