Sign in to follow this  
edjr

A beastly woman, jacks a home run, somehow has leg strength to jump over home plate

Trick question here Ed.

I just hit bombs, but the funny thing is we don't even have to run the bases on HR anymore so no chance that I F up and miss a base or home plate. :lol:

did you know Braun Strowman's dad is Rick "The Crusher" Scherr

Trick question here Ed.

I just hit bombs, but the funny thing is we don't even have to run the bases on HR anymore so no chance that I F up and miss a base or home plate. :lol:

like you could jump over home plate. stop it

The question is whether it was "a proper appeal", specifically whether a ball being handed to the catcher constitutes a ball validly being put back in play for appeal purposes. An approved NCAA ruling on a similar situation includes the verbiage

This was the basis of a previous post of mine, though I will concede I haven't don't know what rule establishes this definitively.

I also confess that I was in error about her being out for runner assistance. I was going off the high school Federation rule which says nothing about the status of the ball. The NCAA rule book states specifically that the ball must be live in play.

The umpire thought so under 7.1.2.2.3. The question is whether he followed 7.1.2.2.5. My guess is that the can't indicate "Play Ball" until the players are out of the way of home plate, the next batter is up and the pitcher has the ball. :dunno:

7.1.2.2 Dead-ball appeal:

7.1.2.2.1 Once the ball has been returned to the infield and time has

been called or the ball has become dead, a coach or any fielder (with

RULE 7 / APPEALS AND PROTESTS 69

or without the ball) may ask the umpire to make a decision on the

appealed play.

7.1.2.2.2 Runners may not advance as the ball remains dead until the

next pitch.

7.1.2.2.3 When the ball goes out of play, the dead-ball appeal cannot be

made until the umpire places a new ball into the game.

7.1.2.2.4 If the pitcher has possession of the ball and is in contact

with the pitcher’s plate when making a verbal appeal, no illegal

pitch is called.

7.1.2.2.5 When “Play ball” has been declared by the umpire and the

pitcher, coach or a fielder then requests an appeal, the umpire would

again call “Time” and allow the appeal process.

Looks to be one of the few times she's avoided a plate, am I correct, edjr?

:doublethumbsup:

:first:

Had a kid last night that I was coaching. Kid supposedly plays summer AAU baseball and 13 years old. Horrible player.

We are down 4 in the last inning. The first batter strikes out and the next reaches on a walk and this kid comes up. He manages to scrape a walk and so does the following player, so we have bases juiced. Our #2 hitter strikes out, so we have bases loaded and 2 outs. The #3 hitter hits a gapper to left center. The knucklehead kid on 2nd is going painfully around the bases and he stops at 3rd and stands on the base, so the 3rd base coach yells at him to keep going and he scores. I am at first and I see that this dope clearly misses home plate by a wide margin, so I yell at him after he gets about 15 feet away to go back and touch home. The other team was getting the ball in and he touches home just before they try to tag him out at home. Crisis averted, but I can't believe how stupid some of these kids can be.

The #4 batter struck out and we lost by 2.

Had a kid last night that I was coaching. Kid supposedly plays summer AAU baseball and 13 years old. Horrible player.

We are down 4 in the last inning. The first batter strikes out and the next reaches on a walk and this kid comes up. He manages to scrape a walk and so does the following player, so we have bases juiced. Our #2 hitter strikes out, so we have bases loaded and 2 outs. The #3 hitter hits a gapper to left center. The knucklehead kid on 2nd is going painfully around the bases and he stops at 3rd and stands on the base, so the 3rd base coach yells at him to keep going and he scores. I am at first and I see that this dope clearly misses home plate by a wide margin, so I yell at him after he gets about 15 feet away to go back and touch home. The other team was getting the ball in and he touches home just before they try to tag him out at home. Crisis averted, but I can't believe how stupid some of these kids can be.

The #4 batter struck out and we lost by 2.

sounds like bad coaching.

sounds like bad coaching.

Almost always is. There are some exceptions, particularly in Rec ball. There are some kids that, once they get to this age, should not be playing. They don't have the physical skills to compete with kids who have skills and who actually practice. I think that my youngest falls into this category.

Almost always is. There are some exceptions, particularly in Rec ball. There are some kids that, once they get to this age, should not be playing. They don't have the physical skills to compete with kids who have skills and who actually practice. I think that my youngest falls into this category.

grade A azzhole parents I am sure

I just read this yesterday I think, maybe one of your FB posts?

I am more athletic than you think. I could certainly jump over home plate, if the need ever arose.

I take it back, I hit homeruns. guys like him hit bombs

basepath violation... Should be declared out for leaving the basepath before touching home plate. No tag needed

I take it back, I hit homeruns. guys like him hit bombs

Why do they pitch to him?

i'd walk him with no one on base

Why do they pitch to him?

i'd walk him with no one on base

As a pitcher you don't really wanna piss this guy off. If you walk him a couple times he might decide to take the next good pitch he sees and buzz your focking tower like nobodys business. As it is, when I used to pitch to guys like this I would be standing near second base by the time he made contact.