Sign in to follow this  
penultimatestraw

Are vaccines good or bad?

People don't understand science. They'd rather believe all those prevented infections are a conspiracy perpetuated by the vaccine industry. Until someone they care about gets sick, at which point they seek medical help...

like a lot of atheists and god and death beds

People don't understand science. They'd rather believe all those prevented infections are a conspiracy perpetuated by the vaccine industry. Until someone they care about gets sick, at which point they seek medical help...

Sounds like our very own phillybear. He's anti-science all the way. Thinks it's all bullsh1t. Until he got diabetes and gout. He still hates science, but somehow finds the goodness in his heart to allow science to supply him with gout medicine and insulin. :doh:

How about the biggest scam of all, yearly flu shots. Drug companies are given a market for 300 million doses a year with government protection against lawsuits if any problems should occur.

Not defending Cutler's wife, but if one's own immune system is capable of destroying itself, why prod it with vaccines? You want to strengthen the thing that is overactive in the first place?

Good point. I thought along these lines after I posted it. No docs have ever suggested we avoid vaccines, and they really push the flu shot for her. Guess I'll have to do some research.

How about the biggest scam of all, yearly flu shots. Drug companies are given a market for 300 million doses a year with government protection against lawsuits if any problems should occur.

I am not sure what flu shots have to do with a topic about vaccines. :dunno:

I am not sure what flu shots have to do with a topic about vaccines. :dunno:

What kinds of flu vaccines are available?

There are several flu vaccine options for the 2013-2014 flu season.

Traditional flu vaccines made to protect against three different flu viruses (called “trivalent” vaccines) are available. In addition, this season flu vaccines made to protect against four different flu viruses (called “quadrivalent” vaccines) also are available.

The trivalent flu vaccine protects against two influenza A viruses and an influenza B virus. The following trivalent flu vaccines are available:http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm

Good point. I thought along these lines after I posted it. No docs have ever suggested we avoid vaccines, and they really push the flu shot for her. Guess I'll have to do some research.

I was playing devil's advocate. Get the vaccines. Everyone in your family.

Only people with extremely compromised immunity or those with allergies to vaccine components should avoid them.