Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Bye Week Decisions

How do you guys tackle the dreaded bye weeks since we are at that phase.

I am 5-1 in one league with Houston D on bye, but have absolutely no space to drop anyone. Only choice would be Corey Davis or David Johnson. But it's a fix the short term and kill my long term value that I am not willing to make.

How are you guys dealing with it so far. Any tough decision?

at 5-1, you could always punt the week and go no defense. if your team's that good, you may still be able to win anyway.

what are your thoughts on that?

at 5-1, you could always punt the week and go no defense. if your team's that good, you may still be able to win anyway.

what are your thoughts on that?

Hey Oriole, thanks for your input, that's my plan at the moment. Another negative beside losing points for the match is losing points to total points. (First in total points in our league gets the buy in back)

Sometimes I'll drop my kicker, pick up the player I want, then I try and work a two for one trade. If I have a cuff that's on a bye, I'll drop him on Saturday night and then put a bid on him after this week. There's some risk in having a person grab him, but usually a cuff isn't a high priority for most people.

Sometimes I'll drop my kicker, pick up the player I want, then I try and work a two for one trade. If I have a cuff that's on a bye, I'll drop him on Saturday night and then put a bid on him after this week. There's some risk in having a person grab him, but usually a cuff isn't a high priority for most people.

I been working on 2 for 1 trade all season, haven't able to move anyone (our league just like everyone else overvalue their players). I eventually had to even drop Dak and Kelley on this team. I don't even keep handcuff because of lack of bench spot. Maybe I should purpose expansion of bench space during off season.

What you recommended definitely some vet moves that people should consider. Vice verse, checking transactions from Saturday to Sunday get you some really nice nuggets that people trying to sneak pass.

I been working on 2 for 1 trade all season, haven't able to move anyone (our league just like everyone else overvalue their players). I eventually had to even drop Dak and Kelley on this team. I don't even keep handcuff because of lack of bench spot. Maybe I should purpose expansion of bench space during off season.

What you recommended definitely some vet moves that people should consider. Vice verse, checking transactions from Saturday to Sunday get you some really nice nuggets that people trying to sneak pass.

Yeah 2 for 1's aren't easy. You have to have two players that would start for the other team, and even then a lot of time it has to represent a significant upgrade for the other team to see the value.

Love how much leagues vary....Corey and DJ are not even rostered in my league, and you may take a zero from a Def because you don't want to drop them. Not saying you are wrong or right,,,,it's just funny how different leagues go.

Love how much leagues vary....Corey and DJ are not even rostered in my league, and you may take a zero from a Def because you don't want to drop them. Not saying you are wrong or right,,,,it's just funny how different leagues go.

I think his 5-1 record plays a role in that, as well as league settings. He has the luxury of playing and planning for weeks ahead. If he were a little worse off, the risk of the zero would be higher.

14 teams I'm in you can't have an empty spot.

It's a atomatic lost.

I like that ideal.

It cost you more money to lose, so it's not a good ideal.

Ps this league is a head to head league 13 weeks long then playoffs.

But we still play for total points for big cash until the very end of the season.

So not only do you get a lost but you lose the avg ff points that your team normally scores at that postion.

How do you guys tackle the dreaded bye weeks since we are at that phase.

I am 5-1 in one league with Houston D on bye, but have absolutely no space to drop anyone. Only choice would be Corey Davis or David Johnson. But it's a fix the short term and kill my long term value that I am not willing to make.

How are you guys dealing with it so far. Any tough decision?

Drop Corey and pick him back up. He is on bye week 8 and then has mighty Baltimore in week 9. Nobody should be clamoring for him then.

Drop Corey and pick him back up. He is on bye week 8 and then has mighty Baltimore in week 9. Nobody should be clamoring for him then.

I am leaning toward it now considering there has been no good news about Corey so far.

a savvy owner that's looking towards the playoffs would be.

the wire for WRs is so thin right now; Corey might be the only guy out there that could become an every week fantasy starter down the stretch.