Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

What's your top 10 RB draft list look like for 2016 if you picked today?

Why? He could easily come back down to earth next year.

sure, so could any player. its about risk reward. freeman is the projected starter who showed stud ability. whats not to like?

he is in an explosive offense and proved to be an all pro when given a chance.

any player can come down to earth, look at lacy. it happens. when projecting throwing in variables you cant predict gets you in trouble.

sure, so could any player. its about risk reward. freeman is the projected starter who showed stud ability. whats not to like?

he is in an explosive offense and proved to be an all pro when given a chance.

any player can come down to earth, look at lacy. it happens. when projecting throwing in variables you cant predict gets you in trouble.

Huh?

I dont just copy past my rankings from one years results to the next. Its not wise.

Huh?

I dont just copy past my rankings from one years results to the next. Its not wise.

Projecting injuries, or what the coaches will do, or what the time share will be is a prediction a lot of people use, thats just that, prediction.

Simplify, use variables you know. Age, trends, results and current status as contributor to team.

Currently Freeman is a young RB who has performed and still has upside who starts for a team that utilizes a rb in a pass game as much as anyone. Coming off a good fantasy season, why am I to assume he wont be good again?

Trying to predict what Coleman would do, or if Freeman would get hurt or if the coaches decide to start Coleman all of a sudden is not something I consider. Saying "Oh I just think he will not do good, or one year wonder, or stuff like that is conjecture and opinion in a discussion that should be about the actual players results and trends. In PPR he is and has been a stud this past year.

Why will he not do good? Will he no longer start after an all pro season, am I to assume he wont start as to he will based off what?

Do I take injury into account? He is currently healthy. These are reasons why keeping it simple wins.

Projecting injuries, or what the coaches will do, or what the time share will be is a prediction a lot of people use, thats just that, prediction.

Simplify, use variables you know. Age, trends, results and current status as contributor to team.

Currently Freeman is a young RB who has performed and still has upside who starts for a team that utilizes a rb in a pass game as much as anyone. Coming off a good fantasy season, why am I to assume he wont be good again?

Trying to predict what Coleman would do, or if Freeman would get hurt or if the coaches decide to start Coleman all of a sudden is not something I consider. Saying "Oh I just think he will not do good, or one year wonder, or stuff like that is conjecture and opinion in a discussion that should be about the actual players results and trends. In PPR he is and has been a stud this past year.

Why will he not do good? Will he no longer start after an all pro season, am I to assume he wont start as to he will based off what?

Do I take injury into account? He is currently healthy. These are reasons why keeping it simple wins.

You dont have to assume anything you dont want. If you want to rank him that high then go ahead. Why does everyone else have to rank him that high though? There are so many examples of one year wonders out there. I identified Anderson and Hill as just that last offseason. I am identifying Freeman as such this year. Sure i could be wrong, but i believe odds are in my favor. Saying you wont take any top 10 without Freeman seriously sounds petty.

You dont have to assume anything you dont want. If you want to rank him that high then go ahead. Why does everyone else have to rank him that high though? There are so many examples of one year wonders out there. I identified Anderson and Hill as just that last offseason. I am identifying Freeman as such this year. Sure i could be wrong, but i believe odds are in my favor. Saying you wont take any top 10 without Freeman seriously sounds petty.

petty? dude was #1 rb and has shown his potential and upside and he will fall outside top 10? if he gets an injury, sure, but to project that shows pettiness.

petty? dude was #1 rb and has shown his potential and upside and he will fall outside top 10? if he gets an injury, sure, but to project that shows pettiness.

I think it's pretty assured Freeman will be a top 3 RB off the board in most leagues. I don't imagine he'll be available in any of my leagues as they're all 1 player keeper leagues and productive RB are tough to find.

I think it's pretty assured Freeman will be a top 3 RB off the board in most leagues. I don't imagine he'll be available in any of my leagues as they're all 1 player keeper leagues and productive RB are tough to find.

They are tough to find in any league. A RB to get a locked 20 points on average is rare. In PPR Dynasty, he will be a top 5 pick, or should be.

They are tough to find in any league. A RB to get a locked 20 points on average is rare. In PPR Dynasty, he will be a top 5 pick, or should be.

Agreed, I will say this coming year, more than most others I can recall, the consensus top 20 RB will be very tough. The waters get very muddy after the top 5 due to injury, underperformance, etc.

I think scratching Freeman off any top 10 list is ridiculous. The guy is a monster point back, particularly for PPR leagues he can catch 5-8 passes in any given week. 1600 all purpose yards and 14 TD's, and a low turnover (only 2 fumbles) what's not to like, really.

I cant take any list seriously that doesnt have freeman in the top 10 of ppr.

Freeman had a great year, but I don't think he can do it again. I have a feeling he will have a all or nothing season similar to DeMarco Murray 2015. That's why he is not on my list.

Right now I'm not going to remove Freeman from any top ten rb list. I'm not sure what his situation will be yet . He was number one in scoring avg per game in the leagues I was in . Now not saying he will repeat what he did but right at this moment in February he is a top ten rb.

I love freeman because he can catch and stays in the game plan. He had his chance to shine and ran with it, that shows heart. I predicted a bad season for the Falcons and Matt Cryin and he delivered just that. Freeman however had an epic year still.

What bothers me is the guy that drafted him is gone, and replaced by a guy who thought so little of him that he used a high pick to draft the very talented Coleman. Coaches tend to like their 'guys' and want them to shine to show they were right in picking them.

• Like 1

Freeman had a great year, but I don't think he can do it again. I have a feeling he will have a all or nothing season similar to DeMarco Murray 2015. That's why he is not on my list.

Guys with his ability in open space and in passing game have a high floor especially in ppr

Murray has neither ever

What bothers me is the guy that drafted him is gone, and replaced by a guy who thought so little of him that he used a high pick to draft the very talented Coleman. Coaches tend to like their 'guys' and want them to shine to show they were right in picking them.

Coaches also want to win so they can keep their jobs , Coleman had his chances and did not shine what so ever .

Coaches also want to win so they can keep their jobs , Coleman had his chances and did not shine what so ever .

Coleman had 87 rushing attempts in his rookie season. WTF are you babbling about had his chances and did not shine?

He suffered injuries and the guy behind him took the job and ran with it. That's hardly indicative of him failing to impress.

In the three games where he had more than 10 carries, he amassed 238 rushing yards on 55 rushing attempts. That's 4.3 YPC.

Whether people want to believe it or not, Tevin Coleman is going to be involved in the Falcons running game next year. I'm not paying a top-5 pick for a guy that could be in a timeshare, regardless of the split percentage, with the new regime's draft pick. Particularly when that guy's demise in the offense primarily stemmed from injuries, not performance.

Now, if Coleman has issues fumbling entering the late preseason, maybe my opinion on Freeman might loosen to where I'd find him at good value. But to dismiss Coleman after no one, including the coaching staff, got a full season to watch his abilities, is incredibly short-sighted. Coleman is already shaping up to be a player I'll target vigorously in the mid rounds in 2016 redrafts, and one I even more so aggressively target in early MFL10s.

Coleman had 87 rushing attempts in his rookie season. WTF are you babbling about had his chances and did not shine?

He suffered injuries and the guy behind him took the job and ran with it. That's hardly indicative of him failing to impress.

In the three games where he had more than 10 carries, he amassed 238 rushing yards on 55 rushing attempts. That's 4.3 YPC.

Whether people want to believe it or not, Tevin Coleman is going to be involved in the Falcons running game next year. I'm not paying a top-5 pick for a guy that could be in a timeshare, regardless of the split percentage, with the new regime's draft pick. Particularly when that guy's demise in the offense primarily stemmed from injuries, not performance.

Now, if Coleman has issues fumbling entering the late preseason, maybe my opinion on Freeman might loosen to where I'd find him at good value. But to dismiss Coleman after no one, including the coaching staff, got a full season to watch his abilities, is incredibly short-sighted. Coleman is already shaping up to be a player I'll target vigorously in the mid rounds in 2016 redrafts, and one I even more so aggressively target in early MFL10s.

Ok with me , you can do that , I will be short sighted about the situation and will keep Freeman in the top ten and I'm not concern right now in February about Coleman. , he did not show much . Enjoy the Super Bowl.

How much did Freeman 'shine' his rookie year? Must not have been much or they wouldn't have drafted Coleman.

How much did Freeman 'shine' his rookie year? Must not have been much or they wouldn't have drafted Coleman.

Different coaching staff had no idea what they had in Freeman already.

A3rd rd pick in Coleman isn't a huge investment they needed another rb for sure

No he shined this year, to the tune of the best producing fantasy RB in the game.

Who cares how they shined as a rookie, I care how they shined recently and moving forward.

How did Foster do as a rookie?

How did Ingram do as a rookie?

Check that has Ingram ever done as well as Freeman but people have him in their top 10.

He didn't shine at all as a rookie rb , but this season he was the number one scoring rb . Look it's ok for you and anyone else here to rank Freeman where you please , I just don't understand why there seems to be a problem with me having him ranked in my top ten as of today , I guess you don't have must else to do , sorry . Enjoy the Super Bowl and good luck .

He didn't shine at all as a rookie rb , but this season he was the number one scoring rb . Look it's ok for you and anyone else here to rank Freeman where you please , I just don't understand why there seems to be a problem with me having him ranked in my top ten as of today , I guess you don't have must else to do , sorry . Enjoy the Super Bowl and good luck .

Im with you. I clearly dont have a problem with anyone ranking anyone anywhere but I'm not going to take a list seriously when you leave the #1 scoring RB off of it because of a hunch. There is no reason or logic to it. For all i know the guy with that hunch could have had a hunch Martin was going to suck this year, therefor, his hunches may stink.

I like reasonable and logical lists and by leaving the #1 scoring RB who is in a situation where nothing has changed since that performance is neither of those.

Im with you. I clearly dont have a problem with anyone ranking anyone anywhere but I'm not going to take a list seriously when you leave the #1 scoring RB off of it because of a hunch. There is no reason or logic to it. For all i know the guy with that hunch could have had a hunch Martin was going to suck this year, therefor, his hunches may stink.

I like reasonable and logical lists and by leaving the #1 scoring RB who is in a situation where nothing has changed since that performance is neither of those.

Haha you are funny. Mr logic or bust. One year wonders are logically studs the next year, always :lol:

Haha you are funny. Mr logic or bust. One year wonders are logically studs the next year, always :lol:

You are funny, because you completely missed my point. But I didnt expect you to get it.

I bet people like you are all over Rawls and David Johnson, right?

Freeman looked just as good if not better than them. But Freeman is the one year wonder?

Sorry when choosing between your opinion and Freemans results and upside, I'll choose results.

Nothing has changed for Freeman for you to assume he wont finish Top 10 let alone Top 5 in ppr, so your opinion doesnt trump logic for me.

Therefor its safe to say anyone who leaves Freeman out of their Top 10 is not being reasonable.

You are funny, because you completely missed my point. But I didnt expect you to get it.

I bet people like you are all over Rawls and David Johnson, right?

Freeman looked just as good if not better than them. But Freeman is the one year wonder?

Sorry when choosing between your opinion and Freemans results and upside, I'll choose results.

Nothing has changed for Freeman for you to assume he wont finish Top 10 let alone Top 5 in ppr, so your opinion doesnt trump logic for me.

Therefor its safe to say anyone who leaves Freeman out of their Top 10 is not being reasonable.

Freeman looked better than johnson??? Wow. Yeah i dont even want to know what your top 10 list looks like. Probably resembles a dumpster fire.

• Like 1

Freeman looked better than johnson??? Wow. Yeah i dont even want to know what your top 10 list looks like. Probably resembles a dumpster fire.

My guess is its a printed out sheet with the top 10 finishers of 2015.

• Like 1

:lol: It probably is. I dont even mind that he thinks so highly of Freeman, but to say any list without him in the top 10 can be safely ignored is beyond ignorant.

:lol: It probably is. I dont even mind that he thinks so highly of Freeman, but to say any list without him in the top 10 can be safely ignored is beyond ignorant.

Any of those who support a list without Freeman are ignorant to the point of what the game is... GETTING POINTS!

So all you have is "I Think" Freeman wont do good? Cool. Reasonable logic.

Your thinking are why some owners lose... a lot, my thinking is why some owners win every year... like me.

Its better than printing out the list ESPN or an other site tell you who to pick with all their rhetoric based of their hunches.

After all, how often are those correct? Also, you show how completely uneducated you are by not understanding the point of reasoned logic and hunches.

This past off season Espn the so called experts had Lacy ranked number one at rb , that does not work for me . Right now on my list Freeman is in my top ten , now if something happens to change that than I will make the change . But I can't keep the top scoring rb out of my top ten list because one thinks he knows what might happen in August and it's still February. Enjoy the Super Bowl and let's go Broncos cover the Spread and an extra bonus for me they win and I hit my money lines .

Any of those who support a list without Freeman are ignorant to the point of what the game is... GETTING POINTS!

So all you have is "I Think" Freeman wont do good? Cool. Reasonable logic.

Your thinking are why some owners lose... a lot, my thinking is why some owners win every year... like me.

Look at you getting all upset :)

Look at you getting all upset :)

So anyone who puts you in your place is upset? I'll take being upset I guess.

BTW, upset is what you got when I told you about not taking lists seriously.

I mean look at the crying that ensued from you. :D

So anyone who puts you in your place is upset? I'll take being upset I guess.

BTW, upset is what you got when I told you about not taking lists seriously.

I mean look at the crying that ensued from you. :D

Acting like a child and throwing a tantrum? If thats what you consider putting in my place... others would say only a person who is upset would do that.

Also, you show how completely uneducated you are by not understanding the point of reasoned logic and hunches.

Half of the top 10 running backs fail to repeat in the top 10 the following season. Half. That's happened EVERY season since 1991.

You call me uneducated, yet it seems myself, along with everyone else, that is against Freeman on this or any other thread is putting forth sound reasoning backing up their rationale.

You don't want others to hypothesize about Freeman having a negative future potential yet YOU hypothesize that Freeman will be a stud again. There's an inherent fallacy in that line of thinking or debating.

You say that you use the stone cold facts. No one is arguing that Freeman DIDN'T score those points and accrue those statistics.

Its a fantasy football message board where 98% of the community prognosticates future success. If you don't like it that's your prerogative. But you nor anyone else is going to get very far in an argument around here in the manner you are currently using.

Acting like a child and throwing a tantrum? If thats what you consider putting in my place... others would say only a person who is upset would do that.

LOL, says the guy who threw the tantrum over my opinion on list.

One would say crying about a post is upset.

Continue to cry away, my opinion seems to really matter to you. Thank you.

Half of the top 10 running backs fail to repeat in the top 10 the following season. Half. That's happened EVERY season since 1991.

You call me uneducated, yet it seems myself, along with everyone else, that is against Freeman on this or any other thread is putting forth sound reasoning backing up their rationale.

You don't want others to hypothesize about Freeman having a negative future potential yet YOU hypothesize that Freeman will be a stud again. There's an inherent fallacy in that line of thinking or debating.

You say that you use the stone cold facts. No one is arguing that Freeman DIDN'T score those points and accrue those statistics.

Its a fantasy football message board where 98% of the community prognosticates future success. If you don't like it that's your prerogative. But you nor anyone else is going to get very far in an argument around here in the manner you are currently using.

Some prognosticate by using hunches, others use reasoned logic.

Some prognosticate by using hunches, others use reasoned logic.

When's the last time you provided either to this conversation?

• Like 1

When's the last time you provided either to this conversation?

Dont waste your time with him. He is just talking out of his ass. He knows it. I think its funny how easy he is to wind up.

Dont waste your time with him. He is just talking out of his ass. He knows it. I think its funny how easy he is to wind up.

Says the guy who got wound up very easily over my opinion on a list.