Sign in to follow this  
peenie

do i HAVE to scale my salmon filet?

okay, so i bought some salmon filets but my darn garbage disposal is broken.

what to do?

can i cook the fish with the scales on or is that nasty as hell?

i mean, i'm not going to eat the scales.

i'm so lazy.

nevermind, i'm going to scale them.

i think there is gross stuff in the scales i should get rid of.

Salmon: The other pink meat. :music_guitarred:

stolen copyright of Bob Zany. Retrieved from The Bob and Tom show. ( I like giving credit where credit is due).

What the f*ck is wrong with you? YOU DON'T SCALE A SALMON FILLET!* Not if its anything decent anyway. The scales help contain the flavor while you cook. Then when you eat you don't eat the bottom layer--it just peels away.

*Unless you are eating that farmed salmon sh!t, in which case you can just focking go to hell for all I care.

Mercury rising!@#@! :(

Yeah, if you are eating that sh!t atlantic slamon (didn't think you could pollute the rivers and ocean forever without consequences, did you?). But as long as you go with morthwest pacific wild caught salmon you are eating about as healthy as you possibly can. :music_guitarred:

I like to put some butter and brown sugar on my salmon fillet. You have to be liberal with the butter, but it is god d@mn tasty good when you are done.

Good salmon doesn't need very much. Little salt. Little olive oil.

Missed the Copper River catch this year. :overhead:

:music_guitarred:

Copper River is the sh!t, but the Kenai River has the best king salmon fishing in the world.

True story, my family owned a bunch fo land on the Kenai River but sold it back in the 80s before it became THE trendy spot in Alaska. :(

Salmon don't really have scales.....they are very small that you can barely notice them. I hear the skin adds flavor. I pretty much only eat smoked salmon, because it is so awesome, a tender, moist beef jerkey.

i did in fact cook the salmon with the scales on. it was the first time. great advice, it was indeed tastier.

thank you all.

if only you could help eliminate my credit card debt.

i did in fact cook the salmon with the scales on. it was the first time. great advice, it was indeed tastier.

thank you all.

if only you could help eliminate my credit card debt.

Try getting one of those "job" things. I heard that when you get one of these, you get money.

Did you smell your fingers after handling it and pretend just for a minute that you just got back from a hot lesbian date? :thumbsdown:

i read up on it and apparently the scales aren't as hard as other fish.

i just don't think they should be on there.

i will not make a habit of cooking with them on, but it's not a big deal other than i don't want to see a scale on my plate or accidentally get one in my mouth.

i broil the fish in a broiling pan then remove the meat from the skin that's face down, so in reality the scales shouldn't matter.

i remove the gray matter from the bottom of de-skinned fish as well.