Sign in to follow this  
SmartassBoiler

Tony Gonzalez Owners

So, what are you Tony G owners doing about a replacement for the next 1-3 weeks? I'm in a 10x15 league, so I don't carry a 2nd TE. The waiver wire pickings are decent, but nothing very good.

I'm thinking David Martin, but he has a horrible matchup against NE this week who's #3 against fantasy TEs. What sleepers are you guys eyeing?

slim pickins in my league. im going with bo scaife this week and we'll see how that pans out. i think that in the titans offense with vince young, he may be more comfortable checking down to his tight end. by the way did you see that pitch back to scaife last week that he ran in for a td. tight end with a rushing td-u don't see that often.

slim pickins in my league. im going with bo scaife this week and we'll see how that pans out. i think that in the titans offense with vince young, he may be more comfortable checking down to his tight end. by the way did you see that pitch back to scaife last week that he ran in for a td. tight end with a rushing td-u don't see that often.

why not pick up his "cuff" Kris Wilson. The kid has mad skilz but was always behing Gonzo. 2 preseasons ago he was unstoppable then got hurt. He's healthy now and will be used alot by Huard and/or Trent. Grab him while you can as I am sure he is under a lot of people's radar...

why not pick up his "cuff" Kris Wilson. The kid has mad skilz but was always behing Gonzo. 2 preseasons ago he was unstoppable then got hurt. He's healthy now and will be used alot by Huard and/or Trent. Grab him while you can as I am sure he is under a lot of people's radar...

I considered him also, but it sounds like they're going to use a rotation of both Wilson and Dunn at TE. I'm not sure what that will do to Wilson's value.

I considered him also, but it sounds like they're going to use a rotation of both Wilson and Dunn at TE. I'm not sure what that will do to Wilson's value.

Dunn is more of a blocker; he's a monster. He could vulture a TD catch from the 2, but he is hardly a downfield receiving option. Wilson is the guy if you're looking for anyone here in KC. As someone mentioned, Wilson did have a good preseason his rookie year, and looked very impressive, but then broke his leg...and seemed to find his way into the Vermeil/Saunders doghouse. I'm not sure if he'll do much but Wilson has regained some buzz with this play this year. I plan on adding him...it's not like Watson has been tearing it up for me.

What do people think of Heath Miller? I really expected him to break through, but obviously Ben's step back this season has helped prevent that. Regardless, even with Ben starting to come around, it just doesn't seem like they're planning on making him a focal point of the offense along with Parker/Ward.

I have gonzo in a 12 team TE PPR league. I am 8-2 and am thinking about riding it out, but i am looking at trading one of my backup players (Bruce, Droughns, Edwards, or Rhodes) for a decent TE, but am getting no takers. One guy in my league has Desmond Clark and Winslow, and wanted Thomas Jones for Clark straight up, so it looks like I will be combing the waiver wire for the next couple of weeks.....

I am hoping to get O. Daniels off the waiver wire. Seems to at least get looks every single week. Seeing that NE is tough against the TE position would make that a bad option. If I don't get Daniels I will cuff Wilson

I'm pretty surprised Daniels is still available in a league of any size.

I think Wilson is a solid choice. That's who I'm going to drop George Wrighster and pick up.......

I'm pretty surprised Daniels is still available in a league of any size.

I think Wilson is a solid choice. That's who I'm going to drop George Wrighster and pick up.......

Yeah, he's not available in any of the 3 leagues I'm in. That 99 yard/2 TD performance made sure of that.

I'll probably go for Wilson. The other 3 TEs I considered (Miller, Scaife, Martin) all face top 6 defenses against TEs this week. Wilson faces the #10, but I guess that's better than the others. :banana:

I was very lucky in that people in my league forgot about Kellen Winslow on draft day and I was able to get him late in the draft after taking Gonzo earlier. Ordinarily, I don't draft two TEs but the arrangement has worked out well this season.

In another league where I have Gonzo, I'm leaing toward taking Bo Scaife off waivers.

I'm not going to pimp Vince Young, but he does have a thing going on with his old Texas teammate. Bo Scaife is my #3 TE on my dynasty team (behind Gates and Daniels) and he gets looks every week.

I'm beginning to wonder if Gonzo will end up playing this week. A day after the injury, the report was: injured shoulder - out 2 to 3 weeks. A day later after they did tests, injured shoulder turned into sprained shoulder. And instead of being listed as "out" for Week 11, he's currently listed as "doubtful". I know he didn't practice yesterday, but now I'm anxious to hear if he practices today or tomorrow.

Even if he doesn't play this week, at least the injury doesn't seem as serious as it once did.

Any updates on Gonzo?

It's kinda odd to see a player who was reportedly out for 2-3 weeks listed as doubtful. :dunno:

Scaife was the best thing on our waiver wire.

Young to Scaife! Why not?