Sign in to follow this  
lojogo1

Sunday Ticket

Fellas,

I recently ordered Direct TV's Sunday ticket. Due to never have satellite b4, I'm still very unfamiliar with it. It states that you can set it up to alert you when your fantasy guys score etc..

My question is how exactly you go about doing it, and can you do it b4 the season actually starts, or do you have to wait until the games get rolling.

I haven't had any luck navigating to any of the Sunday Ticket content so I imagine I have to wait.

Also, do the updates come real time or are they delayed, in which I would already see their updates on the computer.

It would be cool to actually watch the games without scanning the computer all day.

Please share you experience.

Fellas,

I recently ordered Direct TV's Sunday ticket. Due to never have satellite b4, I'm still very unfamiliar with it. It states that you can set it up to alert you when your fantasy guys score etc..

My question is how exactly you go about doing it, and can you do it b4 the season actually starts, or do you have to wait until the games get rolling.

I haven't had any luck navigating to any of the Sunday Ticket content so I imagine I have to wait.

Also, do the updates come real time or are they delayed, in which I would already see their updates on the computer.

It would be cool to actually watch the games without scanning the computer all day.

You have to wait until the content is up. I believe it was on channel 700 last year. You just go to that channel and it has a little interface where you can input up to 9 players (for 2 different teams (18 total players)). Last year the updates were pretty delayed. There would be no updates for 5 or 10 minutes, than you would get like 5 updates scroll on the bottom. They got better with it as the year went on though. I'm pretty sure the goal is to have it all be in real time. Even with the delay, it was still a pretty cool feature. Sunday ticket is the best!

Fellas,

I am pretty sure you have to wait until the morning of the games. The multicolored buttons on your controller allow you to set up what players you want tracked. It is really easy. It takes a few seconds for the stats to pop up and they are just a little behind real time scoring....not much though.

the games are in the 700's or something.....the morning before you can search to find the sunday ticket games.

you will never go back to cable or dish.....you will love it..... :dunno:

Another cool thing is the RedZone channel. We always flip to that channel around half or the end of the games. You get to see all the 2 minute drills and teams in the RZ.

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback

Let the carpel-tunnel syndrome begin from all the clicking lol

:dunno:

It will save the players you load into there from week to week, so you won't have to change your team, just the team for your opponent (or to put your buddy's team in there, if he is a freeloader like my buds who want to come over every week and mooch off your Sunday Ticket. :pointstosky: ).

Seriously though, the ticket is the best. This will be year 4 for me, and I can't wait. It's a whole day's worth of football, and the added features just make it that much better.

I've had the ticket for around ten years now, and I didn't know about that. I just flip through and keep track of my players, so I can watch them, while I have my live scoring on my pc. Thanks for the input, I'll have to check that out.

I had it set up last year and it was awsome. put the stats on the screen when your guy or your oponents did something big. Alot of fun.

By the way if you signed up for the early bird Football Package to save money they were offereing free Red Zone package an extra $100 for free to some folks by email. I didnt get that but last night I called direct tv and told them i recieved the email and had signed up for the early packeage and wanted the red zone for free and they said the offer expired but since I got the email "OK" and gave it to me for free. saved $100 bucks. Direct TV is always good about dfiscounts. last year called to cancel the football package as I was unemployed and they gaev it to me for half price and free red zone package if I didnt canel the football package. Year before I decied to not sign up and they gave me a credit of $10 a month for 12 months and free HBO for 3 months to keep the package. I think they justy want to say they have as many people signed up as possible.

But call and ask for the red zone package discount, cant hurt.

Have some fun and add extra long cable wires to your other t.v.'s in the house. Move your smaller t.v.'s into a room with your larger one and create your own sports bar. Also, get the free boxes the goverment is giving away so you can watch the local games without tying up a directv receiver. I watch 8 games at once using my "sportsbar" idea and it's a blast for fantasy purposes. You can watch every snap of every fantasy player you own and get a real feel for wich teams are good.

And how much does the Superfan package run?

:pointstosky:

(and what does it come with besides the HD)