Sign in to follow this  
txlssp

Choices/Strategies that make you scratch your head...

I'm in a 14 team league that starts 1QB, 2RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 DST, 1 K

Just saw a few things in my draft that stunned me. Not saying anyone is wrong, but I just thought they were odd choices or strategies.

Stunner #1 - One owner picked a QB with their 1st and 3rd round pick. Stunned me because we only start 1 QB.

Stunner #2 - One owner picked a RB with their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th round pick. I know that RB's can be valuable but wow. He did this mainly because he wants to stable RB's to trade away later.

Stunner #3 - Another owner with the first pick chose LT, no surprise there, but with their second pick at the end of round 2? Ray Rice... :shocking:

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone has had similar shocking moments in their drafts lol

Owner in my league (single keeper which was LT) picking in the 5 spot. Drafted Julius Jones in round 2, Anthony Gonzalez in 8th and Cedric Benson in 10th. :overhead:

I'm in a 14 team league that starts 1QB, 2RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 DST, 1 K

Just saw a few things in my draft that stunned me. Not saying anyone is wrong, but I just thought they were odd choices or strategies.

Stunner #1 - One owner picked a QB with their 1st and 3rd round pick. Stunned me because we only start 1 QB.

Stunner #2 - One owner picked a RB with their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th round pick. I know that RB's can be valuable but wow. He did this mainly because he wants to stable RB's to trade away later.

Stunner #3 - Another owner with the first pick chose LT, no surprise there, but with their second pick at the end of round 2? Ray Rice... :first:

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone has had similar shocking moments in their drafts lol

txlssp

did the team that took two qb's early, draft Peyton Manning?

IF I drafted Peyton today, I might be drafting my backup as early as round 5 to hedge the hypothesis of his sitting out a few weeks at that beginning of the season. Or if his recovery isn't there either.

Seen one team draft similiarly his first year in the league. Granted isn't the worst thing, but not the smartest.

Have also seen the rb heavy draft, but not for trade bait. But rather to ensure quality starts and keep off other rosters. Problem there, they usually didn't make it far in the playoffs as you could only start 2.

Nope, I actually took Manning with the 12th pick. He picked Brees with his first pick and with his 3rd pick took Derek Anderson.

Been in the same league for 7 years, 9 others have been in it at least 4-5 years.

12 team, 4 pt passing TDs:

10 QBs in the first 53 picks.

Other strange runs:

7 DTs in 25 picks - between 7.01 and 9.01.

6 Ks in the 9th round.

Me, I just kept stashing rookie RBs (team in sig).

16 and 33

I am in a 10 team league. And wouldn't be surprise that 7 qb will be taken by the end of round 3 this year.

I am planning on being one hopefully getting a top 3 qb.

TX, I can understand the hedging with Brees. But agree that it will cost him to have reached so soon for a backup.

BTW, only way I can see Manning not playing week 1 is if he blantantly not ready. First game in a new stadium built basiclly cause of Manning/Harrison and Faulk/Edge/Adai cannot see it happening.

Where did Romo go in your draft?

Brady was the 1st QB to go with the 4th pick, then Romo went shortly after, like with the 6th pick. I forgot to add that we go 6 pts on all TD's.

I am pretty sure that Manning will be there for the first game. It will take alot to keep him off the field *crosses fingers*

My own team. <_< Picked 10th out of 10. 5 WR in a row. Fitz, Edwards, Colston, Marshal, Calvin Johnson

Here are some things I have noticed morons doing in leagues.

They draft two defenses, two kickers and two tight ends. Seriously, there is no need for a second defense or kicker. A second tight end is also odd, since they could stock pile more RBs and WRs with the roster spots. I see guys draft two kickers, TEs and defenses while I am loading up on reserve RBs and WRs. I have #2 RBs and WRs sitting on my bench because these morons basically do not appreaciate the value of RBs and WRs. I can use the bench players of high value on my team to trade for better starters or in case of injury. It makes no sense to see these morons double up on no critical positions. The second defense, kicker and tight end they wasted a spot on are about as good as the ones I will get off the waiver wire for a bye week replacement. By taking more RBs and WRs it enables me to cast a bigger net on talent and I will know which one to drop by the time I need a bye week replacement from the waiver wire.

Examples:

I am in a league and I have Maroney, Edge, chester taylor, michael turner and portis. The idiots have scrubs like Greg Olson and the Cardinals defense on their bench. One guy has the browns defense, leonard pope and robbie gould on his bench. It is like they stop looking at RBs after round 4 and then begin to double up on kickers, defense and TE.

Seen a guy take Rackers in the second round of a live draft last year <_< .....

Guy drafted San Diego in round 3 this year. Wonder if he like all of the Merriman injury news. LOL

Lights out! <_<

Last year. Vince Young in the first round. A big Texas fan. Any Texas-related player. Cowboys. UT. Sound alikes.

Comments included:

Damn, there goes my sixth round.

What about San Antonio Holmes?

Dallas Clark?

Brian Austin Green?

Lucklily I snatched Julius Jones before he could go there. :cheers:

Hollywood