Sign in to follow this  
Bearnut

Ahh...Dwayne Bowe...

It seems like I keep giving this guy a chance year after year. Always convince myself I am getting a deal when he falls to me. Anyone else share my frustration?

It seems like I keep giving this guy a chance year after year. Always convince myself I am getting a deal when he falls to me. Anyone else share my frustration?

Well, this is my first year in the "Bowe will break out in 20XX" club, but I spent several years in the Jerry Porter version, will my credits transfer? :wave:

Seriously, I need him to break through this. :angry: Thankfully I missed most of the game yesterday, but the stats indicate that the Chief's passing game in general was anemic, hopefully with that coaching staff they'll do better in the future? :pray:

They were practically playing in a hurricane last night. By the time the rain and wind subsided the Chiefs were trying to run the clock out. He'll be in my lineup this weekend against the Browns for sure.

They were practically playing in a hurricane last night. By the time the rain and wind subsided the Chiefs were trying to run the clock out. He'll be in my lineup this weekend against the Browns for sure.

All I know is Cassel tried to lead Bowe into a swarm of CB's/safeties and he wanted nothing to do with it. Alligator arms FTW! :banana:

If recall correctly (only 50% here) - Bowe was targeted deep down the field on the first play!? I thought Dang - this was a compliment to his offseason and preseason worth ethics. He was rewarded and trusted by the coaches IMO. The chiefs had under 100 passing yards for the whole game. It was a freakin monsoon - summer squal line that blasted through. How many receivers slipped in the final quarter? The field was horrible. I'm not giving up on Bowe just yet.

Ahh...Dwayne Bowe... Still as worthless as ever.

Yes, but a little cheaper this year. That means a little less disappointment. :banana:

Yes, but a little cheaper this year. That means a little less disappointment. :banana:

He came cheap for me in our blind bidding auction league - I was like dang, I got him as my #3/4 wr this cheap? I'm willing to test the waters for a 2nd year with him.

In Bowe's one game vs. SD last year.....1 catch for 11 yards. So maybe just a bad matchup.

Matt Cassel is brutal though. He can't throw it downfield very well....and his o-line sucks.....and the playcalling last night was laughable. Maybe it was because they were playing with a lead, and trying to go conservative, but I swear they ran it on 1st and 2nd like 5 series in a row.....only to have Cassel sail a pass incomplete on 3rd. It'd help the passing game to change it up a little bit.....but Charlie Weiss is a genius, so what do I know?

In Bowe's defense, he was targeted a team-high 5 times and they were playing in awful conditions. The entire passing attack of the Chiefs was broken. By contrast, a guy like Mark Clayton was targeted a team-high 16 times. So hold context on just how bad a game it was for Kansas City, offense-wide. He's still the main man, as much as that counts for anything, and the Chiefs will improve their offense moving forward. He should be a solid #2 FF-WR throughout the year.