Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

- The Jets Thread 2013 -

As it turns out, NOBODY wanted to get drafted by the Jets.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/jets-first-round-cb-dee-milliner-fires-agents-004108244.html

Late last month, New York Jets second-round quarterback Geno Smith fired his agents after falling out of Round 1 in the 2013 NFL draft. Smith is expected to announce a decision on a new agent soon — the favorite is Jay-Z's "Roc Nation" sports agency — but he won't be the only Jets draft pick to change agents after being selected slightly later than expected.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Jets first-round pick Dee Milliner has fired Impact Sports after he was not selected with one of the first five picks in the 2013 NFL draft. Milliner "tumbled" all the way to the ninth overall pick in the draft.

;)

Why does anyone care about this franchise? Its almost as bad as an

********official jacksonville jaguars thread ****hugecrank!!!*****

Im assuming Goodson will be cut. Jets already cut two others for arrests. With Ivory in tow, Goodson is not the "#1" back but would have been a nice change of pace guy. Though I think Powell and/or McKnight would be just fine spelling ivory.

I'd still really like the see them bring back Braylon Edwards. big target, physical receiver who blocks. useful in the red zone. liked being a Jet. Looked fine on the field at the end of last year. He's no answer at WR but could be a nice #3 or 4

If Goodson is cut would you want Bradshaw? I think he could be had for a short, low $ deal at this point and could handle 3rd down work and be the main guy spelling Ivory...plus there is not guarantee Ivory doesn't miss time so take them both on and don't overwork either would be my thought.

Could be a situation like Greene/LT back when the Jets were pretty good. Kind of a win now move and might hurt RB development but I'd support it.

If Goodson is cut would you want Bradshaw? I think he could be had for a short, low $ deal at this point and could handle 3rd down work and be the main guy spelling Ivory...plus there is not guarantee Ivory doesn't miss time so take them both on and don't overwork either would be my thought.

Could be a situation like Greene/LT back when the Jets were pretty good. Kind of a win now move and might hurt RB development but I'd support it.

I think Goodson will be cut because none of his contract is guaranteed past his 1 million signing bonus.

Bradshaw is an interesting idea. I don't know much about Ivory as a pass catcher so Bradshaw might be useful on 3rd downs.

As for hindering RB development, I think they know what they have in McKnight / Powell.

Having a vet like Bradshaw might serve to aid Geno Smith in the growth process.