Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Help with cheap wireless speakers

I have a large open floor plan house which is probably the worst design in the world. When I cook we can only have 1 TV going since the kitchen and the living room are open to each other.

However, I can see the TV when I am standing at the stove, but due to kids screaming I am not able to hear it unless I crank it up which makes my wife mad.

I want a cheap way to put speakers in the kitchen, if I could get a surround sound at the same time for when we watch movies that would be great. I found the below kit, however I am not sure what I need to get them working.

Ideally I want to stay under 200-300 dollars depending on what I can find. Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SAMSUNG-2-0-Channel-Wireless-Rear-Speaker-Kit-SWA-8500S-ZA/161698468

What type of tv do you have?

You can always pair a couple of Echo Plus speakers with the new Sub.  This might be a good solution, as you get the added benefit of just using the speakers for music/other Alexa things without having the tv on.

https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Echo-Plus-2nd-built/dp/B07M8JRQNS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1550584782&sr=8-4&keywords=echo%2Bplus&th=1

We are looking at the same type of solution for our kitchen/main level living room.

20 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

What type of tv do you have?

You can always pair a couple of Echo Plus speakers with the new Sub.  This might be a good solution, as you get the added benefit of just using the speakers for music/other Alexa things without having the tv on.

https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Echo-Plus-2nd-built/dp/B07M8JRQNS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1550584782&sr=8-4&keywords=echo%2Bplus&th=1

We are looking at the same type of solution for our kitchen/main level living room.

I am not looking to get a smart home solution just yet. I want to wait and see what issues there are with Alexa recording voices, etc. I do not trust that technology.

I have your basic 55" vizio 1080p dumb TV. I will get a 65" 4k tv in the next few years once I think that content has caught up.

Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers
You get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers

We have the same problem. The ceiling at one end of our family room shoots sound right up to the second floor landing. The tv in one location has about the same volume as the one in the other room. I think Drizzay is on the right track. I think sound bars and stereo looking gear is going to look out of place in a kitchen.