Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

Keenan Allen vs A. Rob vs Dez at 6 pick 1pt ppr

For the past few wks it seems every thread title that interests me turns to a stupid argument about 4 posts in that lasts for 2 pages on this board

And this is different from any other year how?

For the past few wks it seems every thread title that interests me turns to a stupid argument about 4 posts in that lasts for 2 pages on this board

Yeah, it's because there are a few people here who think they're the kings of fantasy football and that if someone disagrees with them, they turn from sharing opinions to pompous azzes.

I didn't say he will... I'm just not ruling out the possibility like others may want to.

And Tim Tebow has a chance to play for the Yankees. I think this entire site is well aware of your Keenan Allen man crush. Now you're in this thread saying he might be the next AB oh gosh.

What were your thoughts for Antonio Brown and Keenan Allen (regarding their talent), in 2014 after Brown had 110 receptions and 8 TD's and Allen had 71 receptions and 8 TD's in 2013? Cause apparently the TD:Rec is the ratio that determines talent.

How and why you compare him to AB is beyond me.

You're right in the sense that frozen is wrong by saying TD to catch ratio determines talent, but then to compare Allen to the best WR in the NFL is where you lose all credibility. AB was 6th round pick on team full of good WRs. He had to work his way into elite, every situation is different. Allen has been rivers favorite target since he entered the league.

Frozen and I are in the same line of thinking that Allen may have already peeked. Perhaps he was on fire to start the season last year and maybe he would have cooled off 2nd half.

Owners like yourself and Ray-T already give him the 120 catches (that he was on pace for) and expect improvement from THAT NUMBER.

In my opinion that's ridiculous considering he's never come anywhere close to those numbers.

How and why you compare him to AB is beyond me.

You're right in the sense that frozen is wrong by saying TD to catch ratio determines talent, but then to compare Allen to the best WR in the NFL is where you lose all credibility. AB was 6th round pick on team full of good WRs. He had to work his way into elite, every situation is different. Allen has been rivers favorite target since he entered the league.

Frozen and I are in the same line of thinking that Allen may have already peeked. Perhaps he was on fire to start the season last year and maybe he would have cooled off 2nd half.

Owners like yourself and Ray-T already give him the 120 catches (that he was on pace for) and expect improvement from THAT NUMBER.

In my opinion that's ridiculous considering he's never come anywhere close to those numbers.

Don't take this out of context like you did the last post. He said that Allen didn't have the same talent level that Dez and Robinson had. I simply asked (because Brown does), at what point did he think Brown "all of a sudden" acquired his talent. He used those stupid target/reception:TD numbers to justify his point against Allen and I called him out on it with Brown's numbers. You notice that he didn't address that right? Because he has no answer. That was my only objective... to prove that his stance was completely ridiculous.

All I said is that I'm not ruling out any chance that he could be one of the 3 best receivers in the game. Just like I didn't 3 years ago with Brown. He had an excellent catch rate and has excellent hands. He still has growth left in him. I want to see what Allen does this year. With this year comes more information and a better look at his long term potential.

This is fantasy football, using talent and past production is all part of the game, but not the end all be all when projecting a receiver's production vs. their ADP. Of the 3 mentioned, I would argue that Dez is the most talented, but talent didn't provide much of a year last year... if anything for dismayed Dez owners. When I break it down, I like to look at their offense (additions and subtractions from last year) QB talent, and upcoming schedule.

I may be in the minority, but i think that Keenan Allen is in for a career year, and i'm basing that on his current scenario more than his talent level at WR compared to the other 3. When you look, before his injury last year, he was averaging an insane 11+targets and 8+ catches per game with an efficiency of 75.3%. Same QB, and they added Benjamin to take the top off of the defense, yet lost their other TE who could have stolen targets. All these signs point to career highs in targets and receptions, and I have little doubt that if he stays healthy he will be a Top 10 with Top 5 upside. I think he is a steal in the late 2nd round... and I would have no problem drafting him over the likes of Dez, Jordy, Evans, Cooper, or maybe even Marshall

Last year Rivers threw more pass attempts than any other QB in the league. For a QB turning 35 I think that's more of an anomaly than the norm. Last year he threw 661 times when prior he had never tossed it over 600 in any season. Their defense and run game were dreadful last year. To think Rivers will throw that much again this season, and be successful, is risky. Therefore I don't think Keenan would be able to keep pace with the numbers he was putting up last year. Rivers historically spreads the ball and with woodhead and Gates still on the roster and the addition of Benjamin I just don't see it. I think he's a WR2 low end WR1 but I'd rather have other guys who I feel are safer with equal upside.

This is fantasy football, using talent and past production is all part of the game, but not the end all be all when projecting a receiver's production vs. their ADP. Of the 3 mentioned, I would argue that Dez is the most talented, but talent didn't provide much of a year last year... if anything for dismayed Dez owners. When I break it down, I like to look at their offense (additions and subtractions from last year) QB talent, and upcoming schedule.

I may be in the minority, but i think that Keenan Allen is in for a career year, and i'm basing that on his current scenario more than his talent level at WR compared to the other 3. When you look, before his injury last year, he was averaging an insane 11+targets and 8+ catches per game with an efficiency of 75.3%. Same QB, and they added Benjamin to take the top off of the defense, yet lost their other TE who could have stolen targets. All these signs point to career highs in targets and receptions, and I have little doubt that if he stays healthy he will be a Top 10 with Top 5 upside. I think he is a steal in the late 2nd round... and I would have no problem drafting him over the likes of Dez, Jordy, Evans, Cooper, or maybe even Marshall

Agreed.