Sign in to follow this  
vinniedasquid

The usual...RB help

Rudi Rudi Rudi. As the week (and season) goes on I'm starting to lose my manlove for him a bit. Couple linemen out, pedestrian numbers the last few weeks...

Portis is my must-start as always. I'm 5-1 but I've been struggling in points since week 3, and I'm playing the best team in the league this week (McNabb, Dunn, Tatum, Steve Smith, Housh, Wayne, Dallas Clark etc.) He's got me by 135 pts so far so I could really use a win if it's feasible to make up for my crappy pointage.

Should I start Rudi against Carolina's D? Other options: Chester Taylor@Seattle, Leon Washington(not really an option I don't think). My roster is in my sig. All other positions are locked due to bye weeks. Whattaya think?

start rudi. he's got 4 TDs on the year, chester only has 1. both matchups aren't great. yeah, cincy's offense is struggling, but if they're going to beat the panthers, they're going to have to run the ball. stick with your first round draft pick.

thanks for answering mine, i'm leaning towards holding onto foster and berrian.

I would stick with the proven guy and go with R. Johnson, he has the best potential out of the bunch. Thanks for answering my question.

Both D's have given up 111 pts so far, but Carolina has given up almost 500 more yds of offense on the season.

I'd go with Rudi.

i have to go with chester on this one. I know more people are picking Rudi but they just lost another man on the O-line. He was struggling to begin with. The whole team is. I think carolina goes up early and Cincy doesn't run the ball. I would play Chester because his invovlement in the passing game as well. At least if Seattle gets up early Chester will still see looks.

I go with Chester Taylor on this one.

With the loss of Cincy's C (Rich Braham) the offensive line play has been shakey. Carolina has a good D and should cause havoc there.

Steve Hutch on Minny should be ready to show up the Seahawks...giving Chesta some nice holes to run through.

Please see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=246381

I say ride Rudi for one more week, he might have some nagging injuries that are not showing up on the injury reports but can see him and the Bungles offense getting it going (they need to break out of their funk).

I'm going to disagree with the majority here. I would start Taylor. He will see the ball a ton and the running scheme the Vikings use is similar to the Bears (who ate up Seattle). The numbers for Seattle's run D are skewed due to that Giants' game where they jumped out huge and NY gave up on the run; they played Detroit before they figured out their offense (14 carries for Jones in a 9-6 game????) and Arizona can't run against anyone.

Minnesota has a better line and Taylor will get his carries. He's only had one game where he had fewer than 20 carries. Also, he's got 14 catches to Rudi's 7. Rudi has a lot of holes in that line suddenly and has been seeing the rock a lot less (19, 14, 17 in the last three games).

I know I'm selling pretty hard here, but I just wanted to make a point since the board seems pretty sided towards the "don't bench your stud" argument.

Good luck!

Rudi. The Bengal's offense is more proficient than the Vikes, much greater chance for a goal-line opportunity.

Thanks for answering mine.