Sign in to follow this  
phan a tic

What is your most crushing defeat ever in Fantasy Football?

Disclaimer: This is coming from Pennington Gap, Virginia Rehab Prison.

Mine was in our Prison Championship game that culminated this past Monday Night with the Jets/Dolphins game. We have 10 teams and a 13 game regular season schedule with the Championship in week 16.

I'm in the Championship game playing a Guard team (Piggly Wigglies). And I'm winning by 5 points with 2 min. to play.

If the Guard team wins they get the entire pot of money which is $ 1,300. If an Inmate team wins, the Prison gym gets the money and the winning Inmate gets a 2 day pass off grounds. We're minimum security.

I haven't been off grounds in nearly 2 years. I'm winning and I'm stoked.

But that 64 yd recpt by Leon Washington who the Piggly Wigglies were using as a 3rd RB/Flex pos. beat me by 1 stinking point.

One stinking point with a trip into town with a hooker LOST by a fluke play.

%#!(*@

My worst defeat was an error I made. I was leading my pay league by a wide margin in points. The overall point leader got $10,000. The point leader could come from any of the hundred leagues.

The 16th week (I believe it was the 16th week) of the season had the Bills playing at Green Bay. I had Ahman Green (having the best year of his career), Brett (also putting up monster numbers) and a couple of Buffalo players, although off the top of my head I cannot remember who. My 4 studs were all playing in this game.

It snowed the night before in Green Bay. It wasn't an expected snow..... Something like 6 inches. The final score was like 9-6 and none of my 4 studs did anything at all.

On the flip side, the number two guy in points had a monster week. He went ahead of me in points and ended up finishing first. I took second, i.e. --- The first loser.

Years ago in the Championship I was up by close to 20 going into Mon night. My friend had SF Defense vs. Denver. With 1 min to go I was only up by three and Den had the ball. I could get a sack and turnover since I owned the tiebreaker. SF was sacking Elway all night and I was hoping for a fumble just to end the game since the SF O would run out the clock.

They sack Elway, he fumbles and Rod Woodson runs it in for a TD with like 30 seconds to go. If he had laid on it I would had the win. As a Pit fan Woodson was one of my favorite players and he lost it for me. .

Mine was in our Prison Championship game that culminated this past Monday Night with the Jets/Dolphins game. We have 10 teams and a 13 game regular season schedule with the Championship in week 16.

I'm in the Championship game playing a Guard team (Piggly Wigglies). And I'm winning by 5 points with 2 min. to play.

If the Guard team wins they get the entire pot of money which is $ 1,300. If an Inmate team wins, the Prison gym gets the money and the winning Inmate gets a 2 day pass off grounds. We're minimum security.

But that 64 yd recpt by Leon Washington who the Piggly Wigglies were using as a 3rd RB/Flex pos. beat me by 1 stinking point.

%#!(*@

easily the best post I have ever read in the history of this board. :doublethumbsup:

also, you can use the internet in the clank? I disagree with that

in regards to teh thread, I needed 2 pts from David Akers to win going into monday night a few years ago (week 16 championship). Donovan leads the opening drive to a TD then nothing for the rest of the half. The Eagles threw the scrubs out (a detmer brother I believe) in teh 2nd half and I didnt get a 2nd pt.

%#!(*@

see?? Crime doesn't pay after all! :dunno:

%#!(*@

Great story - not a word of truth - but great story nontheless.

also, you can use the internet in the clank? I disagree with that

Must have moved some serious cigarettes to get internet privilages :dunno:

Prior to switching our leage to H2H, we paid out for the top 3 teams. The third place guy was pretty much a lock going into the last Monday night game of the season with the 4th place guy behind him by 42 points and only having Tenn D/ST going. This was at least 5 years ago and I don't remember who Tennessee played, but the Tenn D/ST got the 4th place guy 44 points. It was absolutely insane.

I'm up by 10 going into monday night. I have QB Bernie Kosar. My oponent has Bernie's receiver Reggie Langhorne. So no way I could lose because evertime Kosar tosses the ball to Langhorne we both get points, right? Wrong. Kosar goes down late in the 3rd quarter. Mike Phipps comes in and hits Langhorne for two 4th quarter scores. I'm still hurting and this was almost 15 years ago. B)

This actually was a victory, not a defeat. But a great story anyway.

This was 4, maybe 5 years ago. I don't remember whether it was in the playoffs or if it was the game that won the division for me, sending me to the playoffs. Anyway, I was down by around 10 points. I had Marvin Harrison, he had Peyton Manningi in a league where TDs are 6 points for QBs. With the game winding down, I knew I had no real chance to win because even if Harrison caught a TD pass, Manning would have thrown it. Then, the Colts ran an option play where TE Marcus Pollard threw a deep TD to Harrison, winning me the game. I remember the announcers mentioning how that was the first pass by the Colts that wasn't thrown by Peyton Manning the entire season.

My opponent was pissed.

Most crushing defeat:

Lost by (1) point in championship game when my opponent's Viking D blocked a Packers FG - I was leading by 2 pts, his blocked fg netted him 3pts, I lost.

Funny part is that the kick was a bad snap and not even a block -

Even better: the game was last Thursday, the system did not update until this past Tuesday, so I had been celebrating for 5 days before I got the hook....

Thanks cbs sportsline! - now I know why you are offering 50% refunds for next years package!!.

May have very well been this year..... I needed only 6 points from Terrell Owens on Monday night to win my Dynasty League (1/2 point per reception, 3 pts a TD, 1 pt for every 10 yards over 20) he averages about 13 PPG this year so basically just half his season average and I'm a winner.... well after that pathetic display I almost puked... he finished with 2 catches for 23 yards and a TD...for 5 points which was an absolute joke to me... if he would have just caught one of those passes he fockin dropped I would have won.... ###### even a garbage reception late in the game.... I figure after they went down 23-7 late in the 4th he'll get a BS catch in garbage time... but nothing.... fockin sickens me....

Previously my worst playoff loss ever was being up 38 points going into Monday night when Drew Bennett dropped a 41 ball up my ass to beat me by 3 that was tough to handle as well.... :P

This year. We play head to head and total accumulated. I won total accumulated but lost to Steve McNair and Ron Dayne (both played WAY over their heads) when Brees played in 40 MPH winds and Chad Johnson went in the tank. Still only lost by one point

I will never forget it. It was 1998 on Monday night. Vs my rival at work. I was up by 45 pts and all he had was the vickings 2nd string starter..His name Randall Cunningham..

He had a career night and i pulled my hair out and it still hasnt grown back

He scored 46!!!! 442 yards and 4 TD's

IT STILL HURTS :doublethumbsup:

Well, this year I was up 8.5 with Carson Palmer going against Marvin Harrison on that MNF game. I knew there was a chance I could lose, but that just sucked.

The first year I played was 2002--Ricky Williams first year in Miami, when he just destroyed everybody. I took him in the 1st round (11th pick) and grabbed Priest Holmes in the 2nd round (14th pick). That turned out to be Holmes' first crazy season in the NFL too (he had the yards, but not nearly as many TDs the year before).

So, how could I lose with those two as my RBs?

Priest Holmes gets tackled from behind at the 2 yard line just before scoring the TD I needed to advance to the Championship game. It's no big deal, they'll just give it to him again, and I have Trent Green, so a TD run or a TD pass and I still win.

What happens?

Priest Holmes misses the rest of the game (and the season), and Mike Cloud runs it in for a TD. :pointstosky:

It was just a few days ago, I was down 20 points in the Championship gaem going into the Xmas Philly/Dallas game, His team was finished, I had Westbrook.

Westbrook has 15 points for me and the Eagles are at the one yard line and Andy Reid pulls Westbrook. I win by one point if Reid lets Westy score that TD.

Also I had Jeff Wilkins who missed a game winning FG and sent the STL game into OT where my opponent had Steven Jackson and he rattled off about 50 yds and a TD. I lost out on over $700.

Well, this year I was up 8.5 with Carson Palmer going against Marvin Harrison on that MNF game. I knew there was a chance I could lose, but that just sucked.

The first year I played was 2002--Ricky Williams first year in Miami, when he just destroyed everybody. I took him in the 1st round (11th pick) and grabbed Priest Holmes in the 2nd round (14th pick). That turned out to be Holmes' first crazy season in the NFL too (he had the yards, but not nearly as many TDs the year before).

So, how could I lose with those two as my RBs?

Priest Holmes gets tackled from behind at the 2 yard line just before scoring the TD I needed to advance to the Championship game. It's no big deal, they'll just give it to him again, and I have Trent Green, so a TD run or a TD pass and I still win.

What happens?

Priest Holmes misses the rest of the game (and the season), and Mike Cloud runs it in for a TD. :banana:

Ah, the same happened to me though I had Jamal Lewis the same year as my other crazy stud running haywild.

The year after I needed 2 points from Marc Bulger to win and then he got injured on the third play of the game!

It was just a few days ago, I was down 20 points in the Championship gaem going into the Xmas Philly/Dallas game, His team was finished, I had Westbrook.

Westbrook has 15 points for me and the Eagles are at the one yard line and Andy Reid pulls Westbrook. I win by one point if Reid lets Westy score that TD.

Also I had Jeff Wilkins who missed a game winning FG and sent the STL game into OT where my opponent had Steven Jackson and he rattled off about 50 yds and a TD. I lost out on over $700.

I won because of that play....

I won my SB by 5.5 points...so is Westbrook scores that td I lose by .5!

Thank you Buckhalter and Reid for saving me :doublethumbsup:

Last game before playoff lost by 0.75 point and the next two weeks teams I would have played for championship out score them both, damn it!!!

About 3-4 years ago in the playoff game before the championship. I had the top team all year and was feeling confident going into sunday night's name up by about 45. All he had was Joe horn who wasn't having that great of a year. I didnt get to watch the game but figured I had it won. The next day I log in to see who I was facing in the championship, only to see that Horn had 4 TD's and I ended up losing by 1. And to make it worse I would have killed either team in the championship and taken home $500. That game still hurts....