Sign in to follow this  
yanivsme

Cedric Benson

Im not trying to start an I love benson thread but I do think many folks are high on the bungles this year and if they do well.........Benson should benefit??? No??

Atleast for the denver game......who are u starting him over if you are?

Im not trying to start an I love benson thread but I do think many folks are high on the bungles this year and if they do well.........Benson should benefit??? No??

Atleast for the denver game......who are u starting him over if you are?

Never thought I would live to see the day where "Cedric Benson" and "good start" would be put in the same sentence without the word "not" being somehow involved.

P.S. not knocking you for posting it because it's a valid question.

Never thought I would live to see the day where "Cedric Benson" and "good start" would be put in the same sentence without the word "not" being somehow involved.

but you have to admit that hes a sexy play vs denver

No kidding .... but I did draft him late and the matchup is tempting ... so much so he's been in and out of my starting lineup 3 times this week (not sure, but I think he's in there as we speak as flex).

It's between him and FWP (like the player, not the matchup), BMarsh (like the matchup, not the player), AGonzalez (not sure what I like or don't like).

Anyway, there's my sad (happy) flex story.

Benson looked very good all preseason which was the validation I needed to consider him a real fantasy threat. He played on all downs in all situations and had a surprising presence coming out of the backfield to catch passes.

He should project to be Top 5-10 in touches this week and Top 10-15 in quality of touches (yd/touch). There is also no reason to assume he shouldnt get a TD, though the 42 over/under for the game is a little lower than I thought it would be; but that might be attributed to Denver's QB problems.

Bottomline; Benson is a Top 10 back this week.

I'm starting Benson as my #3 over Leon Washington, Larry Johnson, Beanie Baby, and James Davis. I figure if you can't start him on the first game of the season at home against the Broncos then when do you start him? :banana:

starting him over........Ray Rice.

Rice can have a great game, but want to see how Baltimore uses their RBs before I start Rice over a great start against a crappy defense like Denver.

starting him over........Ray Rice.

Rice can have a great game, but want to see how Baltimore uses their RBs before I start Rice over a great start against a crappy defense like Denver.

Am I crazy because I think I might start him over Portis :unsure:

Washingtons doens't look like they will set the world on fire especially against the giants, and you gotta love anybody against the broncos these days

Am I crazy because I think I might start him over Portis :shocking:

Washingtons doens't look like they will set the world on fire especially against the giants, and you gotta love anybody against the broncos these days

Benson has fantasy image trouble. People treat him like he's a beat up old man like how somebody might have viewed Ahman Green last year. BUT, he is a lot of tread on his tires and it is probably better to make comparisons to Garrison Hearst's lost years in Arizona than anything else.

Portis, on the other hand, may not have that much tread left on his tires. They will get roughly the same carries this week and Benson should get more catches...thus more yards. I think they are equal on the TD front, but the Cinci game has a 6 point greater over/under. It's somewhat close, but I lean decisively to Benson here.

Bottomline; Benson is a Top 10 runningback

Who let Cedric's mom in here? Seriously the guy could be in for a "Thomas Jones" like second half of his career now that he's found a place where he's unchallenged and the expectations are gone but how often does that happen?

Who let Cedric's mom in here? Seriously the guy could be in for a "Thomas Jones" like second half of his career now that he's found a place where he's unchallenged and the expectations are gone but how often does that happen?

Hey butt nutt, use the full quote.

I wrote that "Benson is a top 10 RB this week".

Instead of trying to be all cute with the jokes, why dont you be a man and actually analyze this week's matchups? You have plenty of good potential items to mention in legit disagreement of my opinion...it just takes a little thought to pull it off.

Instead of trying to be all cute with the jokes, why dont you be a man and actually analyze this week's matchups? You have plenty of good potential items to mention in legit disagreement of my opinion...it just takes a little thought to pull it off.

here's what I think, Benson will be serviceable at times as a RB2 this year, but there's no way I would ever have him as more than a RB3 and no way I would consider starting him over a legit player like Portis who was already mentioned in this thread, you start your studs, dont get cutesy with your lineup this early in the year. Also Benson is completely reliant on the Air game opening holes for him, he/the O Line are not talented enough to run the ball at will, I also would not expect many TD's from him but he could have a similar year to the one Jamal Lewis had last year (1000 and 4TDs with another 200yds through the air) Ohh and by the way dickhole settle down with the name calling and good luck in the toilet bowl of your league if your relying on Benson to produce this early in the year.

Is Benson a better start at flex this week or Is Hightower v SF?

That is my decision I am trying to make. My league is a PPR so Hightower seems like the logical choice but Benson is going against Den and if he is going to put up stats it would seem like this is the week.

Ohh and by the way dickhole settle down with the name calling and good luck in the toilet bowl of your league if your relying on Benson to produce this early in the year.

I see the guy with the user name of Frank Rizzo up there and I slip into character. : )

Well, Benson should be ranked in the 15-20 range for most scoring formats. When you run the numbers it's very hard to make a case much lower than that. So you're #3 expectations (around 25) arent too far off from mine. However, it's worth noting that Portis is right in that range too; it's sort of a toss up depending on your scoring system. Portis just isnt a stud anymore. In my 16 team dynasty league where we start 2RBs, Benson is a low #1, top #2. So is Portis. FWIW, I have auctioned shrewdly over the last couple years and have Benson, Rice, Slaton and CJ. So no, im not relying on him too much.

As far as this week is concerned, Benson looks like the better start for the reasons I mention above.

All of you guys with Benson (like myself) need to keep an eye on his backup Bernard Scott. Every last Cinci coach has gushed over this guy's talent. If things go poorly, I can see this guy stealing a bunch of carries.

All of you guys with Benson (like myself) need to keep an eye on his backup Bernard Scott. Every last Cinci coach has gushed over this guy's talent. If things go poorly, I can see this guy stealing a bunch of carries.

yup, agreed. But it's difficult to see that happening unless Benson develops injuries. He just showed way too well over spring ball and camp (let alone the last few games last year).

But many want to think that this fits the Ahman Green/Steve Slaton model from last year (which I bought into with Slaton and benefited from)...but it just doesnt hold up since Benson still has about 1,000 good carries left in him an d Ahman was a beaten up old man at that point.

Is Benson a better start at flex this week or Is Hightower v SF?

That is my decision I am trying to make. My league is a PPR so Hightower seems like the logical choice but Benson is going against Den and if he is going to put up stats it would seem like this is the week.

Benson turned out well. He looked strong and elusive...and his hands looked good too.

Started him and Rice over Slaton & CJ...and it worked out just right.

Benson finished as the 5th best RB in the league this week in my league.

:overhead: Cedric's mom here! So far, so good...

I see the guy with the user name of Frank Rizzo up there and I slip into character. : )

:lol:

Listen hear Sizzle Chest ... Cedric Benson is NAILS .... speaking of nails, you and me should go paint the town ... and paint each others nails.

:wacko: