Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

Harry Reid Saves the World from World-wide Depression

:lol::lol:

What a jack@ss. I despise this clown only a hair less than I despise Nasty Pelousy.

I think Sharron Angle is going to beat him.

It would be funny if this whackadoodle wasn't in charge of the fukking Senate.

I can't believe that Obama, Reid and Pelosi are in charge right now and the US hasn't imploded to the point of utter destruction. :unsure:

It would be funny if this whackadoodle wasn't in charge of the fukking Senate.

Anyone have the rest of that interview? It sounded like he was making an example, but they cut it off. Stupid thing to say in any context, but it could be fairly innocent.

Anyone have the rest of that interview? It sounded like he was making an example, but they cut it off. Stupid thing to say in any context, but it could be fairly innocent.

I'm not gonna let facts get in the way of a good lynch mob. Someone else can find the facts, I'm just going to assume that he's as dumb as a brick. :thumbsup:

Who cares about the rest of the interview. The video speaks for itself.

Tell ya what Sparky, why don't you make up some dialogue, anything at all, that would make "But for me me, we'd be in a world-wide depression" and try to make him sound like anything but a delusional nutjob.

Go ahead Mr. Speilberg.....

Tell ya what Sparky, why don't you make up some dialogue, anything at all, that would make "But for me me, we'd be in a world-wide depression" and try to make him sound like anything but a delusional nutjob.

Tell ya what Sparky, why don't you try something other than an out of context sound bite? Hey, did you hear about the republican wearing a nazi costume? Don't vote for that guy!

Same thing...

How is it out of context? Got anything to back that up?

You do know what a sound bite is, right?

Listen to what he actually says... "People have been hurting, I understand that. And it doesn't give then comfort or solace, for me to tell them... um, you know, but for me, we'd be in a world wide depression, they want to know what I have done for them."

And, that's where it cuts off. Now, you look at that and giggle like a schoolgirl because a democrat gave you a soundbite you can use against him. I look at that and see he's using it as an example... a bad one.

We can both agree he's an idiot though, yes? :cheers:

Listen to what he actually says... "People have been hurting, I understand that. And it doesn't give then comfort or solace, for me to tell them... um, you know, but for me, we'd be in a world wide depression, they want to know what I have done for them."

And, that's where it cuts off. Now, you look at that and giggle like a schoolgirl because a democrat gave you a soundbite you can use against him. I look at that and see he's using it as an example... a bad one.

We can both agree he's an idiot though, yes? :cheers:

Thanks for the transcript of the video we have all watched. Now, how is it taken out of context?

Thanks for the transcript of the video we have all watched. Now, how is it taken out of context?

Because they cut the video right there? Like I already mentioned? Because they don't want to show you what the context was, they want to give you that little piece as a soundbite.

It's the same as the republican in the nazi uniform... did he put it on? Yes. Case closed. How is it, that you can go one way on that, and the complete opposite on this? Oh, wait, I get it... that one's a republican, this one's a democrat.

Because they cut the video right there? Like I already mentioned? Because they don't want to show you what the context was, they want to give you that little piece as a soundbite.

Reid was on the Ed Show, whatever the fukk that is. Here is a link to the show with the entire interview.

Feel free to post your transcript pointing out how the video posted takes him out of context.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/39803938#39787189

That works... listen to the first 3:31 minutes.

The two of them throwing out BS like "An AFL-CIO member said she is certifiable" doesn't change what Reid said.

I provided the link to the entire interview, it's up to you to point out exactly what is "out of context", as you have charged. So put up or STFU. :music_guitarred:

The two of them throwing out BS like "An AFL-CIO member said she is certifiable" doesn't change what Reid said.

I provided the link to the entire interview, it's up to you to point out exactly what is "out of context", as you have charged. So put up or STFU. :music_guitarred:

Blah, blah, blah... feel free to STFU yourself. :music_guitarred:

Listen to it... you posted it, listen to it. It's right there... he's talking about Nevada voters. It doesn't matter to them what he's done on the world stage, they want to know where their jobs went. That's what he says. Not even difficult to follow, unless you try really hard not to.

Listen to it... you posted it, listen to it. It's right there... he's talking about Nevada voters. It doesn't matter to them what he's done on the world stage, they want to know where their jobs went. That's what he says. Not even difficult to follow, unless you try really hard not to.

Sort of. You're right that they simply want to know where their jobs went. Reid, however, was actually trying to say (in effect) that "if it wasn't for me, we'd be a depression - so it'd be much worse!" - while simultaneously acknowledging that his own personal megalomania is having no real effect on those who have lost their job regardless.

The point though is that Reid the Clown actually believes that "without him, the world would have been plunged into a Depression" - because there was no other reason to offer that comment but held belief.

And that doesn't require the full context of the remainder of the interview in order to understand.

Um, I've listened to it. Everyone else here has listened to it. You are the only one having problems with Reid's own words.

Can't help ya beyond providing the original video, and after you whining about it being edited, I provided the entire video. If you are still confused about what he said you are on your own.

Sort of. You're right that they simply want to know where their jobs went. Reid, however, was actually trying to say (in effect) that "if it wasn't for me, we'd be a depression - so it'd be much worse!" - while simultaneously acknowledging that his own personal megalomania is having no real effect on those who have lost their job regardless.

The point though is that Reid the Clown actually believes that "without him, the world would have been plunged into a Depression" - because there was no other reason to offer that comment but held belief.

And that doesn't require the full context of the remainder of the interview in order to understand.

I readily acknowledge the guy's an idiot... I'm not defending him. I did see they'd clipped it to focus on one specific comment, and asked if anyone had more of the interview. I don't care for sound bites... they're an effort to make someone look bad that's used by politicians and the media constantly, and it's sad that it actually works for most people.

In context, it's a stupid thing to say... he's fairly high up, has some influence, might even believe it. It's not the point he was making, though... what he was saying, is that his states voters don't care about the world stage, they care about their state economy. Jumping on one part of what he said, doesn't tell you what he said.

Like I posted earlier, it's similar to another post here about the politician wearing a nazi uniform... without knowing why, it's political suicide on his part. Knowing why, it's another story entirely. Not a good idea for a politician, but nowhere near what was implied by just saying he's worn the uniform.

v It's not the point he was making, though... what he was saying, is that his states voters don't care about the world stage, they care about their state economy. Jumping on one part of what he said, doesn't tell you what he said.

I'll go with the direct quote by Reid instead of your impeccable ability to read his mind. :overhead:

I'll go with the direct quote by Reid instead of your impeccable ability to read his mind. :overhead:

That's how sound bites work... especially effective on the gullible or weak minded. :rolleyes:

That's how sound bites work... especially effective on the gullible or weak minded. :rolleyes:

You already used the "sound bites" ploy. I shot it down by providing you with a link to the entire interview.

There are dozens of Leftists in the Geek Club, you may re-evaluate why you are the only one trying to defend the delusional Harry Reid.

You already used the "sound bites" ploy. I shot it down by providing you with a link to the entire interview.

There are dozens of Leftists in the Geek Club, you may re-evaluate why you are the only one trying to defend the delusional Harry Reid.

And you might learn to read at some point... :overhead:

When I agree with you, am I a Leftist? Are is it only when I disagree?

The "sound bites" ploy... nice. You 'shot it down' by posting what I asked for... good job, way to go! I asked if anyone had more of the interview, you went on the attack... typical.

Have you listened to it yet? :music_guitarred:

I asked if anyone had more of the interview, you went on the attack... typical.

You claimed it was taken "out of context" because it was cut off just after his delusional claim, and said you needed to see more of the interview.

I posted the entire interview, and now that constitutes me going "on the attack"? :rolleyes:

You claimed it was taken "out of context" because it was cut off just after his delusional claim, and said you needed to see more of the interview.

I posted the entire interview, and now that constitutes me going "on the attack"? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I assume with this post you are claiming I went on the attack by calling you Mr. Speilberg. :blink:

More like that part... proudly proclaiming that the sound bite is all you care about. Funny, you seem much more concerned with the truth when it involves a republican.

More like that part... proudly proclaiming that the sound bite is all you care about. Funny, you seem much more concerned with the truth when it involves a republican.

Yeah, the sound bite was all I cared about because it speaks for itself. You were the one who would expose all this "out of context" stuff if only you could hear the entire interview. I gave you that, so where is all this "out of context" stuff?

Yeah, the sound bite was all I cared about because it speaks for itself. You were the one who would expose all this "out of context" stuff if only you could hear the entire interview. I gave you that, so where is all this "out of context" stuff?

LOL... dude, you really are blind when it comes to democrats, aren't you? Sound bites are all you care about.. got it.

LOL... dude, you really are blind when it comes to democrats, aren't you? Sound bites are all you care about.. got it.

Still couldn't find anything taken out of context? :music_guitarred:

Still couldn't find anything taken out of context? :music_guitarred:

Already pointed it out, still can't get your blinders off to see it. :music_guitarred:

In exactly which post # can we find where you exposed it being "out of context"?

Try #14, 17, 18, or 20... HTH :music_guitarred:

I'm not seeing what you're saying. Your claim is that the video clip was taken out of context. In order for that to be correct, a clear alternative meaning has to be uncovered through complete examination of the full context. That has been done, and no alternative meaning has been exposed.

I believe the video clip airs an accurate representation of what Harry Reid believes - he believes that his policies have averted a Depression.

I think that's laughable.

Here is post #14

Seems you are just whining about it beind a sound bite. You bring nothing to show it is "out of context"

Post #17 is mine, so I'm not sure how you claim to have pointed out how it was "out of context" in that post.

Post #18:

Still can't show how it is "out of context"

That works... listen to the first 3:31 minutes.

Post #20:

Once again, you have not been able to show how it is "out of context". Are you trying to say NV voters don't care that Reid single-handidly saved the world from a depression cuz they want jobs? That seems to be your position here, but that doesn't change the fact he is a delusional nutjob for believing that.

Blah, blah, blah... feel free to STFU yourself.

I'm not seeing what you're saying. Your claim is that the video clip was taken out of context. In order for that to be correct, an clear alternative meaning has to be uncovered through complete examination of the full context. That has been done, and no alternative meaning has been exposed.

I believe the video clip airs an accurate representation of what Harry Reid believes - he believes that his policies have averted a Depression.

I think that's laughable.

My claim was asking for more of the clip, to see what the context was. As usual, RP takes that as more than it is, and starts insulting anyone that doesn't fall in line with whatever he says.

He used an example... it's right there, yet can't be seen for some reason. As I've said, he may believe that example, but it wasn't what he was talking about. He's not claiming "I saved the world", he's claiming "I saved the world" doesn't matter to his voters... they want jobs.

That's the context... that's what the video shows. Will it be used against him? Sure it will.. that's how sound bites work.