Sign in to follow this  
Jch5407

Trade Help. (Please help me and I will help you)

Since I lost Jamaal Charles I have been thinking about shopping one of my receivers for a top end RB. Please give me your opinion on which of my receivers you would want to let go of first. A.J. Green, Brandon Marshall, or Julian Edelman? At RB now I have Lamar Miller, LeGarrette Blount, Charcandrick West, and James Starks.

Standard scoring. 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex(WR, RB, TE)

I got a trade offer today. To trade West for Emmanuel Sanders. Would you make the trade? Is this an easy decision if I deal one of my top WRs for a top RB?

Also who do you think would be an equal value RB to receive for my WR?

Thanks

Well, you have 3 solid WR's and if you do trade West for Sanders I like it but not for your team. I'm guessing you can only start 3 WR's, so you would be benching a solid WR every week and be very iffy at your RB2. I'd try and trade for Jonathan Stewart.

JCleve68

Yes I do have 3 solid WRs now. That's why I was thing about trading one for an RB1 . I will not make the West for Sanders trade unless I could deal one of my 3 WRs for an RB1. Then I could snatch Sanders to replace the traded WR. Still giving me 3 good WRs. But a big upgrade at RB.

Well, you have 3 solid WR's and if you do trade West for Sanders I like it but not for your team. I'm guessing you can only start 3 WR's, so you would be benching a solid WR every week and be very iffy at your RB2. I'd try and trade for Jonathan Stewart.

Wat? Newton will never not be the goal line back in Carolina. Why would you trade for a guy who has 2 touchdowns on the season and 1 game with 100+ yards?

Back to OP, thanks for your help.

if I were you I'd hold tight and see what happens with west and starks, either or both could be huge over the second half but we need to see more. If Lacy keeps eating BigMacs or West proves to be the real deal you could have a solid starting 5 right there with a wr in flex.

It's greenbay, it's starting to get cold. Lacy from last year over the first 8 games, 81 points, over the final 9, 156.

Sure it's possible Lacy's production has been for the past 6 starts because of an ankle injury that mysteriously never shows up on the injury report, but it's also possible they sent Jenny Craig to consult on his weight loss and he ate her.

West has had 1 good and one bad game since charles went down, so it's too soon to tell what he can really do.

JCleve68

Yes I do have 3 solid WRs now. That's why I was thing about trading one for an RB1 . I will not make the West for Sanders trade unless I could deal one of my 3 WRs for an RB1. Then I could snatch Sanders to replace the traded WR. Still giving me 3 good WRs. But a big upgrade at RB.

Problem is there's about 10 real solid RB1's in the league but a slew more receivers, I don't think anyone is going to give up an RB1 for 1 receiver, they will need more. For instance I'm probably going to have to give up megatron and cobb to get gurley, just the way it is, a trade I probably won't make either.

Somehow, I'm just not a big Manny Sanders fan - especially with this years version of Peyton throwing him the ball. Since there are no sure things in FF (and it's debatable that you'd be able to get a RB with more potential than West who seems to have the full support and faith of the KC coaches), I'd stick with what you got.

Not sure you get a RB1 for less then Green. But I'd give up Marshall out of those three based on his qbs ability alone. Does he pull a top RB? Idk. Not in my league. Hard to trade with these guys.

Not sure you get a RB1 for less then Green. But I'd give up Marshall out of those three based on his qbs ability alone. Does he pull a top RB? Idk. Not in my league. Hard to trade with these guys.

Don't listen to this guy ^^ It doesn't get much more consistent than Marshall, he'll finish top 10 without a doubt. Edelman has gangrene and a low floor if Brady decides to look elsewhere any given week. The return of Lafell and Amendola getting hot are both threats to his production. If any one goes it's him, but again, you won't get an RB1 for him. I know you told me about the Lynch deal but after last week I don't see that going through.

As stated already above, you're probably not going to get a RB1 for any 1 of these guys. Also, I don't think it matters who you should keep as much as who somebody else wants in order to give up even an RB2 let alone an RB1. In regards to E. Sanders: I'm in several leagues, own him in none, but own Thomas in 3. Manning has been destroying Thomas's value. I think with Sanders, it actually helps his value because he is more of a possession receiver running short quick routes. Shorter passes is about all Manning has been able to throw consistently. On a side note, I've watched a handful of Denver's games and I would say Manning's biggest problem is not his arm strength (as I read about so often though it is a problem), but the fact that: as soon as the ball is in his hands, he stares down his intended receiver. He needs to look defenders off his intended targets. That's just my 2 cents, I could be wrong.

West for Sanders is a pretty even trade in standard scoring. Remember Sanders hurt his shoulder, but I think he's ok. Now if this were a ppr league then I would rather have Sanders. Is the owner that has Freeman doing good? I would try to target him. Maybe try to package Green and a rb. I think Marshall and Edelman are very solid if you could get a stud rb and package Green. What about Gurly? See I don't know if your league is easy to trade in or not. Some owners will not trade to save their life.