Sign in to follow this  
Battle-Tested

2nd Rule Discussion

Our current rule stipulates that the waiver wire (Free Agency) closes every Saturday at 1159 pm (EST)...........

This should be a simple vote so here are some options:

Option #1

Rule stays the same.......no waiver wire moves after 1159 pm (EST) on Saturdays; with one exception....early game players are exempt until the following week's waiver wire. Meaning once a player "plays" either on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday, they are untouchable until next week's waiver wire.

Option #2

We use a 12:00 pm (EST) on Sunday as our deadline; with one exception....early game players are exempt until the following week's waiver wire. Meaning once a player "plays" either on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday, they are untouchable until next week's waiver wire.

Option #3

We use a 1:00 pm (EST) on Sunday as our deadline; with one exception....early game players are exempt until the following week's waiver wire. Meaning once a player "plays" either on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday, they are untouchable until next week's waiver wire.

Let's vote..................

Side note..................I know I said we would only do one at a time but some of these are very cut and dry so I decided we are intelligent enough (except maybe for Miller :cheers: ) to debate/vote two at a time. Cool......? :headbanger:

Official tally:

Option #1

Option #2

Patriot Missiles

Hammerheads

Option #3

S&S Express

Ugly Stick

Serbian Assassin

No Talent Ass Clowns

Big Tuna

Horsmen

JetDoc's Schmeg

As an owner...........it really doesn't matter to me so I will vote.

Option #3 :headbanger:

I'm going with #3 - kickoff of the games is the deadline.

#2 is cool with me too, but I just like #3 a little better.

I vote #3, but I hate to be the difficult one, but should it lock waivers at gametime of the first game of the week? Reason for this is, say you have a Thursday game. Someone comes out of nowhere in that game, or a stud gets hurt, locking them at Sunday will allow FCFS on these players instead of making them available for the weekly waivers after all games are played. Thoughts? This would appear to be an oversight.

i like option two as well. something i would like to point out is the thursday night games, and the idea that the nfl may try and make more of them in the future, in that case would the wire need to be closed down then? example, thursday night game and stud rb goes down and his backup wows the world and becomes the hottest pickup, what then?

Not sure, but maybe there is a way to lock down the players for the early games so they couldn't be picked up until the following week.

Reread the options.................it is back to just a time choice. I took care of the early game players as you can read. :headbanger:

What exactly does it mean that the players in the early games are "exempt until the following week"? Is that after the early game has kicked off or you just can't pick up guys if they play in an early game?

What exactly does it mean that the players in the early games are "exempt until the following week"? Is that after the early game has kicked off or you just can't pick up guys if they play in an early game?

Let's say the Titans played the Eagles on a Thursday night.........

You would not be able to pick any Titan or Eagle through the waiver wire on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

You will have to wait until the next week.....

What exactly does it mean that the players in the early games are "exempt until the following week"?   Is that after the early game has kicked off or you just can't pick up guys if they play in an early game?

Let's say the Titans played the Eagles on a Thursday night.........

You would not be able to pick any Titan or Eagle through the waiver wire on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

You will have to wait until the next week.....

We should probably make that a bit more specific, like exact deadlines. Are all players in early games locked when the first early game of the week starts, are they locked indivindually when the kickoff of the game they play in starts. Or are they locked at midnight on the day that the early games take place and just can't be picked up the following day?

I understand the intent here, but it shouldn't be open to interpretation IMO.

Option #3 is fine with me as well.

Also, to DrJ's point, I think that the early game players should be allowed to be picked up until kickoff of their respective games.

It's official...........

Option #3 wins..................rule are changed.

I will lock this thread for now just so I know we are done here. On to the next one.............