Sign in to follow this  
RyanM

Which NFL teams will really suck this season?

Okay, so I was just on FF Today, reviewing rosters for the season. Admittedly, rosters will change between now and opening day, but who do you think will be EXCEPTIONALLY crappy this year? Here are my votes (in no certain order):

Carolina - Good Lord, they have nothing. I mean this team is just bad!!!!

Cincinnati - Okay, Corey Dillon is good, but when John Kitna and Gus Frerotte are competing for your starting QB :eek:!

Washington - I mean, I'm looking these guys over, and there just isn't much there...at all.

Anyone else?

Originally posted by RyanM:

Washington - I mean, I'm looking these guys over, and there just isn't much there...at all.

Are you high??? The Redskins could be a pretty good team this year.

As for the bad teams:

Giants - I just sense an epic flameout this year.

Carolina - SUXOR FUXOR SUXOR!

Baltimore - After Jamal Lewis goes down in Week 2, they will have no QB, no RB, no WR's and a former shell of their badass defense.

Sleepers this year:

Cowboys - Will win 10 games this year and make the playoffs.

Bills - Will win 9-10 games and get a wild card slot.

Jax - Big losses on the O-line, and a china doll to carry the ball.

Atlanta - Vick will be on every highlight show for a play or 2, but can't lead a team as a rookie starter.

Arizona - Because they always suck.

Carolina - Pick #1 next year virtually a lock.

Seattle - Mediocre at best.

New England - Miss the playoffs.

Minnesota - 7 wins tops.

Houston - May challenge Carolina for #1 pick.

Originally posted by Smitty:

Are you high???  The Redskins could be a pretty good team this year.

As for the bad teams:

Carolina - SUXOR FUXOR SUXOR!

Baltimore - After Jamal Lewis goes down in Week 2, they will have no QB, no RB, no WR's and a former shell of their badass defense.

Sleepers this year:

Bills - Will win 9-10 games and get a wild card slot.

Skins - I expect them to possibly make the playoffs.

I agree with Smitty on Carolina and Baltimore.

Cowboys - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bills - Maybe about 5 or 6 wins.

Texans - as expected.

Jax - I agree with PP. Just like Balt they lost too many players.

Saints will win it all this year. Brooks for 5000 yds and 30 tds, McAllister for 1500 yds and 17 tds. ;)

;)

Originally posted by Alimony Tony:

Saints will win it all this year.  Brooks for 5000 yds and 30 tds, McAllister for 1500 yds and 17 tds.  ;)

;)

Agree with Saints except for ;)

Texans will surprise and win more games than at least three other teams (Carolina, Baltimore, Atlanta) and will beat the Cowboys in week 1.

I also think the Jets will dissapoint this year.

Bengals will be better than RyanM thinks.

Jax is SUXOR

Carolina will be the worst team ever

Da' Bears shall be surprisingly bad after their surprisingly good showing last year. The home away from home in Champaign will not help a team that was walking a tightrope between winning and losing last year. Besides, two winning years in a row is WAY too much to ask for from any Chicago team. Can't happen. Also, no mention of Detroit? Did they strike some fountain of talent that i haven't heard about? I forsee much sucking coming from the motor city.

Bears have two of the most injury prone QB's in NFL history, a rookie left tackle and will be playing their home games on turf. :eek:

You guys will be trying to get Cade McNown back by Week 4 after both your QB's go down with simultaneous ACL/MCL tears.

Not to worry my frined!!! We've got Henry Burris waiting in the wings!! Burris Fever, Catch It!! ;)

;)

Ryan M's team.   ;)

;)

Are you high???  The Redskins could be a pretty good team this year.

Yeah, okay, so I just checked on them again, and they hadn't signed a reliable starting QB since I made this post yesterday. They have streaky "Hot Rod" as their #1 WR...which one will show up each week? Jacquez Green may be the most overhyped WR in the past 5 years...

Stephen Davis may or may not be good, just don't know?

Their D is supposed to be even better than ever, but they were supposed to be better two years ago and they blew, and then Schottenheimer was supposed to make them better, which he did do, I guess, but it was hard not to improve from the D of two years ago...

Wash will be 6-10, which will make me happy, just to see Spurrier get that smug-ass look smacked off his face. AND I will laugh my ass of when the Cowboys sweep the Skins AGAIN. And I'm not even a huge Cowboys fan. I do agree with you about the 'Boys, though, Smitty.

My QB and WR argument applies to Cincy, as well, Bernie. I mean, their D will be even better this year, I suspect, but it will be fun to see if Warrick will finally deliver. And did I mention their QB situation is horrendous?

Cincy may make 7-9, and of course, that would not qualify as horrendous. Thinking about the new divisions makes this whole discussion harder for me, as does the fact that I am listening to a conference call as I'm typing this.

Ryan M's team.   ;)

LOL...

;)

Baltimore - After Jamal Lewis goes down in Week 2

As for Jamal Lewis..... :eek: ;)

As for the Cowboys..... ;)

Originally posted by pingpong:

Arizona - Because they always suck.

That hurts.....

Originally posted by Scorpion:

That hurts.....

Believe me, as an Eagles fan, I'm thrilled that we don't play the Cards twice anymore. As bad as the Cards were, they always seemed to beat the Eagles once per year.

Now that they don't have the free win against the Eagles, the Cards may suck even more ;)

I am surprised no one except for Ditkanate mentioned the Lions. Its as if the Lions aren't even considered a NFL team anymore, because we do have the potential to be the worst in the league hands down!

Virtually no offensive threat at all! Stewart, if healthy could post some numbers, but I anticipate the Lions being down in games early and relying on a passing game. Hansen is a great PK, but if the team can't get past the 50 yard line he's worthless.

The defensive secondary will be exploited (thank God I have Moss). The only thing we have going for us is 2nd year man Shaun Rogers!

For the rest of the list...

Carolina

Baltimore

Dallas

Houston

Originally posted by thedanzone:

The only thing we have going for us is 2nd year man Shaun Rogers!

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!