Sign in to follow this  
Bill Swerski

commentarycommentarycommentarycommentarycommentary

You might want to update the Round 20 post title to reflect that Hairball is on the clock. It only shows one pick being made and Ditka as the pickmaker. It's out of order for him and may cause confuxoration.

yes, thanks. Posty's made the addendum, thank you.

So not feeling like reading the rules again, because of course I will not read them the way that they are supposed to...

Barmes played last year...

Total GP: 20

2B: 9

SS: 9

So he shouldn't be allowed to play any position until he gets the 5 games under his belt this year, right?

Goes to minor league positions I believe :rolleyes:

Not trying to be a pain in the ass, even though some could think that it is just posty being posty, but I am just wondering...

"Players making their MLB debut are eligible at the position either that they played most during the most recently completed Spring Training, or at the position recommended by the external stats source of record (currently Yahoo!). All players who did not play more than 20 games last season are eligible at the position they played the most games at."

The way I read that, since he didn't play more at either position, he's eligible at both. :rolleyes:

"Players making their MLB debut are eligible at the position either that they played most during the most recently completed Spring Training, or at the position recommended by the external stats source of record (currently Yahoo!). All players who did not play more than 20 games last season are eligible at the position they played the most games at."

The way I read that, since he didn't play more at either position, he's eligible at both. :huh:

See I was wondering that, but he did play 20 total games last year (I guess 2 as a PR)...

The way I read that, since he didn't play more at either position, he's eligible at both.  :huh:

See I was wondering that, but he did play 20 total games last year (I guess 2 as a PR)...

Well, the principle is the same whether he played 18 games, 20 games or 30 games. He's eligible wherever he played the most. In this case it's a tie so he's eligible in both spots. If he'd played 30 games last year split up like this:

16 SS

14 2B

then he'd be eligible only at SS. Yes? :rolleyes:

I guess the rule should actually read "all players who did not play 20 games at one position last year....."

The way I read that, since he didn't play more at either position, he's eligible at both.  <_<

Well, the principle is the same whether he played 18 games, 20 games or 30 games. He's eligible wherever he played the most. In this case it's a tie so he's eligible in both spots. If he'd played 30 games last year split up like this:

16 SS

14 2B

then he'd be eligible only at SS. Yes? :lol:

I guess the rule should actually read "all players who did not play 20 games at one position last year....."

Ditka has it right, and also that the rules should be amended to say "20 games at one position."

Goes to minor league positions I believe <_<

Not trying to be a pain in the ass, even though some could think that it is just posty being posty, but I am just wondering...

Kevin, I was wrong about minor league. It's spring training, if they've never played MLB.

posty, don't worry about being posty. Speak up when you feel you need to.

I figure Hairston in the 21st round is a pretty good gamble, even though he has perennial rotostud Todd Hollandsworthless in front of him...

I figure Hairston in the 21st round is a pretty good gamble, even though he has perennial rotostud Todd Hollandsworthless in front of him...

you mean ToddWalkerStud, I think...

well both really.

well both really.

yeah, you're right. It is both. But still, not bad for the 21st.

Hairston would have been the pick here so I went with another OF with quality OBP skills and mediocre output in every other category ;)

Hairston would have been the pick here so I went with another OF with quality OBP skills and mediocre output in every other category :shocking:

I suppose he was the best pick out of the 15 OF/DH players the Twins rotate on and off the field during a year. :pointstosky:

Hairston would have been the pick here so I went with another OF with quality OBP skills and mediocre output in every other category :(

I suppose he was the best pick out of the 15 OF/DH players the Twins rotate on and off the field during a year. :o

If he stays healthy, he'll be the everyday LF and leadoff hitter. Ford at DH with LeCroy getting AB's wherever he can. I love the Twins this year, I think they're going to be excellent.

Hairston would have been the pick here so I went with another OF with quality OBP skills and mediocre output in every other category :thumbsup:

I suppose he was the best pick out of the 15 OF/DH players the Twins rotate on and off the field during a year. :thumbsup:

If he stays healthy, he'll be the everyday LF and leadoff hitter. Ford at DH with LeCroy getting AB's wherever he can. I love the Twins this year, I think they're going to be excellent.

Since LeCroy will be a better hitter than Stewart (and probably Ford), that's what I'm thinking the problem will be...

Since LeCroy will be a better hitter than Stewart (and probably Ford), that's what I'm thinking the problem will be...

Since Mauer will inevitably be injured for half the season, LeCroy should get plenty of AB's. :doublethumbsup:

Since Mauer will inevitably be injured for half the season, LeCroy should get plenty of AB's. :doublethumbsup:

LeCroy won't play C. They'll use Redmond or Miller. If Mauer's knees mess up, HE'LL play DH, further muddying things.