Sign in to follow this  
AUKidJoshH

Dan....

Where are the tiebreak rules?

I'm trying to figure out if Mongo's clinched the division yet. I can still tie him at 8-5 if I win two and he loses two, and the head to head is 1-1, but he's got point differential. And if we end up tied, Division Record will be even as well (2-2 for both)...

The only way I can salvage this thing is total points, and I'm only up 40 or so there...

I believe it's:

TB#1) head-to-head record (tie)

TB#2) total points scored (advantage AUJosh, so far)

So he wouldn't have yet clinched.

whoisjgalt:

I believe it's:

TB#1) head-to-head record (tie)

TB#2) total points scored (advantage AUJosh, so far)

So he wouldn't have yet clinched.

This is it, we do not have a third defined, so if it is still a tie the fairest way would be a virtual dice roll.

thedanzone:

This is it, we do not have a third defined, so if it is still a tie the fairest way would be a virtual dice roll.

With decimal scoring - it's super unlikely to require a 3rd.

AUKidJoshH:

Where are the tiebreak rules?

I'm trying to figure out if Mongo's clinched the division yet. I can still tie him at 8-5 if I win two and he loses two, and the head to head is 1-1, but he's got point differential. And if we end up tied, Division Record will be even as well (2-2 for both)...

The only way I can salvage this thing is total points, and I'm only up 40 or so there...

If the playoffs started this week, you'd be in as the 2nd wildcard anyway. Either you or Rodney would then come over to our bracket - depending on the die roll.

Wait - Mongo's in. He hasn't clinched the division, but he's at least the 2nd wildcard.

N/S conference:

8-3 V4E

8-3 Mongo

7-4 Rurbaniak

6-5 AUJosh

<<everyone else besides the two division leaders in the other conference is 5-6 or worse and hence none can catch V4E or Mongo with only two games left>>

Rodney hasn't clinched since Danzone would likely get the 2nd tiebreaker over him. Rodney does hold the 1st tiebreaker over Ted and AUJosh.

This week's Ted-Torrid matchup will be key.

If Torrid wins, he clinches (two game lead with one to play). Ted would then be eliminated due to losses to both Danzone and AUJosh (and the best that he could manage would be a tie with at least AUJosh).

If Ted wins, he ties Torrid in the standings and has the tiebreaker advantage (2-0 season series). Torrid would then need to beat AUJosh while Ted loses to Orgazmo to win the division.

Torrid just needs one win to get in. Week 12 versus Ted clinches the division or week 13 versus AUJosh clinches the wildcard.

whoisjgalt:

Wait - Mongo's in. He hasn't clinched the division, but he's at least the 2nd wildcard.

N/S conference:

8-3 V4E

8-3 Mongo

7-4 Rurbaniak

6-5 AUJosh

<<everyone else besides the two division leaders in the other conference is 5-6 or worse and hence none can catch V4E or Mongo with only two games left>>

Rodney hasn't clinched since Danzone would likely get the 2nd tiebreaker over him. Rodney does hold the 1st tiebreaker over Ted and AUJosh.

SWEEEET!

I still want the conference title though... then I can make T-Shirts and sell them to my fans around the world.

gratefulted:

Torrid is goin' down!!

Not on you, pal.

I'll save my playoff-clinching victory for Nov 30, when Mike Vick finally takes the field (maybe).

torridjoe:

gratefulted:

Torrid is goin' down!!

Not on you, pal.

I'll save my playoff-clinching victory for Nov 30, when Mike Vick finally takes the field (maybe).

So Vick turning his ankle is all your fault!! ;) ;) wink

torridjoe:

He better. I have tickets to that game ;)