Sign in to follow this  
Walter34

New commish?

guys - I start a new job on Friday and will be very swamped for the foreseeable future. I will hardly have time to check in to draft and manage my team(s) for the near future and feel it would be best for someone to take the keys for the league and drive for awhile.

setting up a yahoo league appears to be the main task as well as keeping things moving / getting started.

Any volunteers?

The reign of Wally was short, but will go down in league history as an enlightened period of greatness that will surely be looked on as the standard that all will follow.

In the event that noone volunteers, i can help you co-commish. I (as Walt knows) also just started a new job and would really rather someone else stepped up.

What exactly are you looking for the commish to do?

I would glad to help, understanding that I have a couple of weeks that become interesting, including my vacation on September 8-15. But I think I can work the rest . . .

well - looks like Nan took care of the website - thanks Nan!

I guess there is enetering rosters into the site after the draft and then otherwise just dealing with stuff as it comes up, if it comes up. Things are pretty much on auto pilot once trhe season starts.

The main thing I guess is just getting things organized when need be.

no prob walt.

dan...

-like walt says, solid guys here who will stay involved/waivers are done by site/no issues last year, so won't have to do much except maybe announcements of early games when they come/setting up playoffs.

-as far as inputting rosters, my plan is to go by honor system and have each owner put in their own rosters so it's not just one person doing everyone.

then we can double check everyone's roster before setting them...again, this is a solid group of guys so i don't see any problems.

i guess what i'm saying is i'll support you if you want to do it(i also have a bit going on as trying to go back to school).

I'll attest to how great everyone wa last year. I was working me ass off and wasn;t here as much as I should have been, but things still went smooth.

This year I have much more time so I again look forward to the challenge this league brings. For a "free" league, this one is like no other for competitiveness. Everyone knows their sh!t.