Sign in to follow this  
Dan Sez

Payment status and impact on this and future drafts

:D

this is the least fun part of any league...

I have not recieved payment from the following teams:

Mini-Ditkas

Shovelheads

Fightin' Whites

1. Bill Swerski sent a message that a check was sent. I never recieved it. I was concerned that the check was lost or intercepted and granted an extention till July 31. If the payment has not be recieved by then, the Mini-Ditkas forfeit all picks past the 2nd round in the July draft.

2. ShovelheadT, I do not have any communications concerning the payment deadline. No message that the check is coming or acknowledgment that a deadline is due/past. I hope this is not going to be a killer issue. Shovelheads lose their 3rd round draft pick in the June draft. If payment has not been recieved by July 31, then the Shovelheads will also be penalized their 3rd and 5th round picks in the August draft.

3. Scatterjack mentioned some car problems in May and sent a message that the check was in the mail. It still has not arrived. The Fightin' WHites are penalized the 3rd round pick in the June draft. If payment or some agreement has not been reached by July 31, then the Fightin' Whites will lose their 3rd and 5th round picks in August.

ADDENDUM TO THE RULES:

1. Any team that does not pay fees by final deadlines will not be eligble to win any of the league prizes.

2. Instead the money from a previous season will be rolled over to the next season to reduce the fees paid by the teams who have paid their dues.

3. A team who does not pay in a previous season will not get a price break on the following season.

-

Does that sound fair to the Assembly?

(I hate being a hard a$$)

I've been checking the mail every day the past two weeks.

Originally posted by Hog Chow:

Tis a very difficult situation, indeed.

I agree with with your proposed addendum.

Agreed and agreed. This part sucks, but we all knew the deadline and all had ample opportunities to get you the money and check that it had arrived. The rules were clear from the get-go.

:D :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

the "final deadline" in 1. above should read 31 July deadline.

thanks for the words of support

I am not out to make any money on this. I even account myself as paying into the prize pool. I don't think as designer, I have a free ride and I ask for team help in managing the league (thanks whoisjgalt and Orgazmo) to increase input and help prevent power abuses. Still, I am the final authority - someone has to do it. Lets get this thing settled and get on with the real purpose of our gathering - winning fantasy football games (and testing out my design :D ).

Thanks

That's the way to go Dan. Sucks to lose draft picks but as a commish, it sucks more to run after money. Any of us who have commished know this all too well.

Originally posted by Dan Sez:

:D

ADDENDUM TO THE RULES:

1. Any team that does not pay fees by final deadlines will not be eligble to win any of the league prizes.  

2. Instead the money from a previous season will be rolled over to the next season to reduce the fees paid by the teams who have paid their dues.

3. A team who does not pay in a previous season will not get a price break on the following season.

How about if the non-payers aren't eligible for the Dungeon Post-Season? That way, the four best payers play for the title and we need no rules about rolling over money from season-to-season?

Originally posted by Dan Sez:

(I hate being a hard a$$)

Just a question, when did you have this sudden change of heart :D

...seriously speaking, I agree with the actions taken!

Yeah I didnt know when the dam deadline was. Maybe it was in the 146 pages of rules we have. Maybe it was in one of the emails that I never get. Regardless, if everyone else knew when the deadline was, it's ultimately my goof for leaving it in my briefcase. I got no problem dropping my 3.09 for punishment.

It seems odd that Shovel and I have been penalized a pick and Swerski hasnt been. It also seems that Swerski and delivered the same message claiming to have overlooked sending a check for whatever reason around the same time. We both said the check was in the mail in the same week. I get penalized a pick and he gets an extension?

Nothing against billy here, but if you, as fuhner, have to make rules to deal with situations on the fly at least you could be consistent.

Originally posted by Orgazmo:

I also think there should be consistency.

Agreed. Sorry Swerski - but unless you and Dan had some sort of side bar discussion about other arrangements that makes the post about non-payments incomplete, it seems like two are being singled out unfairly and another is being given a free pass. The free pass is at issue more so than the singling out of non-payers.

Sorry guys, I have no excuse for not sending in the money rather than just general stupidity. Originally, I sent an email to Dan stating that I asked my wife to send a check to Dan when she did our monthly checking (we send checks electronically).

I told her about a week or so before her banking day and she simply forgot. I was going over the outgoing checks and realized she forgot and immediately contacted Dan with the oversight. He understood and I promised to get it out. It's on the way. I don't know the reason I have not been penalized like the other two, but whatever gets decided is fine with me. It's my own fault for being stoopid. :D

Money is on the way, which reminds me, I have another league to pay for...Damn it! :(

For you guys with wives:

I hope you all understand how ornery women can get when this month I paid out $1700 in fantasy fees. I signed up for a team in WCOFF with a frined and paid for 7 of my upcoming 9 leagues. :(

I have an addiction. :D

here is the consistancy:

Communication.

I have tried to send messages to everyone when I recieved your checks. I also tried to send a separte message to all when I deposited. I think Hog Chow maynot have gotten the second message, but all the others should have.

In Mini-Ditkas case, he sent this message:

<billswerski@hotmail.com> | This is spam | Add to Address Book

To: dland1957@yahoo.com

Subject: Re: Dungeon Fees

Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:11:01 -0600

Money on the way as of this morning.

Tom

(eof)

Two weeks later I replyed.

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 19:17:17 -0800 (PST)

From: "Dan Anders" <dland1957@yahoo.com> | This is spam | Add to Address Book

Subject: Dungeon Fees

To: "xxx" <billswerski@hotmail.com>

Hey, strange news.

I thought you sent me a message few weeks back on the fees. If so, I have not seen them, Since then I have gotten whoisjgalt, hellothere and Know Doubt. Have you gotten a returned mail or has the check cleared?

Dan

(eof)

I got sporatic responces from Bill so this is the next message about rulings.

Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:50:10 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Dan Anders" <dland1957@yahoo.com> | This is spam | Add to Address Book

Subject: Tempory Home RTSports and fees question

To: "xxx"

<billswerski@hotmail.com>

Hi,

I have set up a basic league at RTSports for now. They say they will be supporting a decimal system in June but as of now, I can not put in our scoring system. We maybe moving in July but for now, lets work this site.

Go to RTSports

the league ID is FFTDUNGEON

your team password is

xxx

I hope we can get the draft rolling starting Monday the 9th of June. We can slide it to the following week if necessary, but how does the 9th work for you?

Did you ever get that check/mail returned? I have not recieved it. Was it cashed? Since you have tried to send it, do not worry about the end of May penalty, but I will need to get the money, one way or another before the July deadline.

Let me know if you have problems getting to the site.

Dan

(eof)

Note the laps of time. Bill sent his message on 17 March. After two weeks, I querried. Another 6 weeks later, I querry again. How soon, often should I querry?

There are a number of issues. Was the check actually sent of was the check lost? Bill and I have exchanged a number of communications, he has sent his message many weeks before and I do not want to be a nagging beech about money.

I am also sorry this message is so long but these are the important to show Time and Consequence. I have ruled that given Mini-Ditkas an extention carries a further penalty, the loss of four draft picks instead of three if the July 31 deadline is missed. Again, I reinterate, I can be very flexible, if there is communication. I would go before the league and plead extentions beyond the July deadline, if the circumstances warrented (family emergency, mechanical breakdown, just talk to me).

Now, saying all that, I Do Not Want To Be A Nagging Beech. Some Of The Responsibility For Communication Lies With You!.

Lets lets take the next case.

This is the first message I got from Fightin' Whites.

From: "xxx" <scatterjack@hotmail.com> | This is spam | Add to Address Book

To: dland1957@yahoo.com

Subject: Re: dungeon text files attached

Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 10:09:31 -0400

check sent today.

I had to get my car back first to make sure I had enough $$ to cover my new engine.

Jeff

(eof)

In just the briefist of comparison, look at the datestamp of the first message acknowleding sending of payment. Two weeks from the 22nd May (comparible to Mini-Ditkas) would be past the deadline anyway.

Look, I was dragging my feet making the penalty announcement. If anyone has problems in the real world that causes conflicts it can be worked out. But at what point should I be intrusive?

I don't really know some of you guys. How many times have you been confronted with someone saying the check's in the mail and how fast to you call them on it? I think a two-three week period between naggings is an acceptable level. Mini-Ditkas first sent a message in March. Fightin' Whites first sent a message in late May. I don't like copying email messages and posting them, but I am being called on a ruling and any communication concerning it.

Comments?

I believe I am being consistant, it is an issue of timing that has been misrepresented

[ 06-08-2003: Message edited by: Dan Sez ]

Originally posted by Bill Swerski:

... I don't know the reason I have not been penalized like the other two, but whatever gets decided is fine with me...

Originally posted by Bill Swerski:

...  I was going over the outgoing checks and realized she forgot and immediately contacted Dan with the oversight.  He understood and I promised to get it out.  It's on the way...

You answered your own question.

Communication, timeliness and a willing to work around life's silly moments. I am trying to be fair, just give me a reason.

While we are waiting, any further questions or comments?

I dont know. End result is the same.

No money no excuse no fraft pick

Its your league, you make the rules, I will conform like a good little soldier. I'm not gonna make a huge stink to Billy loses a pick too. I'm still gonna kick his, your ass, and all subsequent asses involved :D

Originally posted by Scatterjack:

...It's your league...

Actually - it's our league - the collective all of us - not just Dan and not just Dan + O + me.

On one hand, we shouldn't need rules like this. Everyone should pay as soon as Dan's mail address is sent.

But on the other hand, Dan did spend his own money to set us up at RTSports. There needs to be a way for him to have a stick to use if payment isn't received. Hence - we have a rule like this.

Let's just hope we never again need to have this conversation - that we'll all be good troopers and pay our dues on time.

Rant over.

Well, it maybe my design, but I need youse guys to give it life. I am trying to be honest and fair - something I demand from youse guys as well. If I am blind to something, help me see. I want this thing to be fun and to be something we all think about Waaay too many hours in the course of a year.

Originally posted by whoisjgalt:

Actually - it's our league - the collective all of us - not just Dan and not just Dan + O + me.  ..

(sniff, sniff) I think this is one of the nicest things anyone has said about my efforts at FFToday.

I'm going to have to go down the hall to the throne room and look over my draft list to compose myself. :D

I do want all the teams to take ownership and have interest in how this league evolves. I have a design in mind. To become a living organization, I need everyone's attention and participation. If I make a bunch of arbitrary rules and pizz a bunch of you off, what good has come from all this work??? Not just mine but everyone's cumulative effort.

I'm fine with it. If you think there is a difference between what Billy and I did, thats cool. I disagree, there thats my only opinion.

As far as I'm concerned its a dead issue and all is well in dungeonland.