Sign in to follow this  
Hog Chow

Availability -- Feb 27

I'll be around most of the day except for 2 meetings. One is from 11 to 11:30 eastern and the other is from noon to about 1:30 eastern.

I am about 10 minutes until heading into work. I will be checking in frequently once I am there.

Longhorndd should be in about 9:00a as well.

I'm here besides a few meetings.

9:30a - 10:00a ET

1:00p - 3:30p ET <--hope to be able to multitask again...

Originally posted by Dan Sez:

I am about 10 minutes until heading into work.  I will be checking in frequently once I am there.

Longhorndd should be in about 9:00a as well.

OK, looks like we're an hour or so from resuming. When I come up, if Dan or JGalt could send me an email on my interactive pager I'd appreciate it. I need to run down the hall for an internal meeting, but will break away and pick when I get the message.

Originally posted by Hog Chow:

OK, looks like we're an hour or so from resuming.  When I come up, if Dan or JGalt could send me an email on my interactive pager I'd appreciate it.  I need to run down the hall for an internal meeting, but will break away and pick when I get the message.

I'm heading off to my office from a customer site. It's 8:22 now, with traffic, I should be in the office by 9:15.

Bad news. Longhorn called and has jury duty this afternoon. He has some work deadlines, caused by the ice so it maybe an hour or more before he can pick.

Sorry. If Pale comes by and you have a short list for the next pick, you could email it to me or Jgalt.

Thanks.

Then please have him give you a decent-sized list for the next pick too. If we can get through two rounds each today & tomorrow we don't have to babysit this over the weekend.

email your picks to someone?, you are only 2 away. dan or who.

Originally posted by hellothere:

email your picks to someone?, you are only 2 away.  dan or who.

You can send three picks to me if you'd like.

I haven't received Longhorn's email, in case anyone was wondering.

Originally posted by hellothere:

email your picks to someone?, you are only 2 away.  dan or who.

You can always send to me.

By the way - that meeting started early, but is now over. Barring anything unexpected, I'm around for the afternoon.

Well, longhorndd took off with his list and he said he did not have any time this morning to look over what transpired or what he wanted to do.

Once he gets to where ever it is he is pulling jury duty, he will give me a call.

Status slow...

I will be on and off a bit also - trying to catch up on my lost time this week.

Thanks Orgazmo for relaying my draft pick.

We just had an "emergency" meeting announced for 4-5pET. Heads are rolling here. I won't be able to pick during that time. If Longhorn can supply his pick before I go, then I can pick right away. Otherwise - we have to wait another hour. (Not calling Dan - last time Longhorn stole the 1st choice I had given him ;) ;) ;).) Not worried about my job - I know who will be let go in my group and that b!tch deserves it (gross incompetence).

Whoisjgalt-

well, I mentioned after that string of picks where I posted

xxxx called, xxxx emailed

it was four of so picks in a row! And it was rather humorous because I was trying to be short and to the point on the phone because I did know what some others were thinking about - I hope I did not come off as rude or distant to Orgazmo, Blitzen or you.

In that specific case, in previous discussions, Steve McNair had not even been mentioned before. As I talked to Longhorn he touched on a couple of recievers and then - like a streak out of the blue - came the name McNair. I burst out laughing and but did not say anything.

I regard the trust in me as more valuable than wins, more valuable than money. It was funny how that whole string went down. Blitzen snagged a player I knew was on Orgazmo's short list.

Believe me - it's just teasing. That's what the string of ;) ;) ;) was for. You're doing a great job of managing this fraft. Please allow us to have a little fun with you and each other ( :Dit'll happen regardless :D).

I can take the teasing. I appreciate the humor and that is why I put the funny face in the offical post string.

In some ways, I take extra steps to respect the trust placed in me, like not taking LaDell Betts when I knew that was probably the last swing by per Orgazmo's message.

I have LaDell Betts in LOD and was interested in him but chose to let him swing on by and if he did make it back to me, once Orgazmo had a chance to snag him again, then I would have taken him over Correll Buckhalter.

But it is all good. I hope both players do well for both teams.

I have LaDell Betts in LOD......

Didn't we decide to "chat" about that? Perhaps later.....

BTW...you're doing an awesome job and I have full faith and confidence you will do the right thing, probably to a fault. Same for JGalt, you both have run an awesome draft.

[ 02-27-2003: Message edited by: Hog Chow ]

... which has come to a grinding halt ;)

This ice storm has thrown my schedule and routine off base too...

sorry

Out of our meeting. Feeling even more frustrated with our management here. That person who's got to go will not be leaving as soon as I'd hoped. Anyway.........

I hope I did not come off as rude or distant to Orgazmo, Blitzen or you.

Absolutely not! Great southern accent too!!

Originally posted by whoisjgalt:

Out of our meeting.  Feeling even more frustrated with our management here.  That person who's got to go will not be leaving as soon as I'd hoped.  Anyway.........

Sorry to hear that, I work for an organization of 11,000 employees with more dead weight than you can imagine.....frustration is part of my daily life.

Originally posted by Hog Chow:

Sorry to hear that, I work for an organization of 11,000 employees with more dead weight than you can imagine.....frustration is part of my daily life.

No...really...I can imagine

Finally! News from Longhorndd. He is on a two day jury trial. Anyway, he just got out and will call back in 15 min or so.

But the news is not all good. The boss wants me to help him test his current or set up a new lazer printer at his home tonight so that will keep me far from the net for a number of hours.

I will be back on line later tonight (past 8:00p Central?). I am hoping Longhorn calls before I have to leave.

Today has been a mess. Sorry guys but we only have 2 1/2 rounds to go. This will probably drag into Saturday. I have most of your phone numbers now (at home) so if possible check in as much as you can tomorrow and Saturday so we can complete the draft.

thanks

Longhorn is supposed to call me late tonight so I can update him and maybe get a list for his pick at 11.

thanks for you patience

Dan

Today has been a mess.  Sorry guys but we only have 2 1/2 rounds to go.

No worries, mate. :D