Sign in to follow this  
singman

Round 21 Commentary!

They're is still a few sleepers left -- all be it rip van winkle sleepers ! Whenever am in these big drafts theyre is always 1 or 2 great players that come from these rounds. so don't be so quick to discount these picks especially if the one guy I have been eying falls 1 more spot !

Understandable, there is one guy left that I was eyeing about 5 rounds ago, for whatever reason he keeps getting passed over, by me and everyone else, who knows maybe it's the guy you're looking at.

We will see if Wuerffel ever make his pick :mad:

If this guy falls to me I will be down right giddy. if he doesn't I pleadge to hunt down Wuerffel 4 MVP and touture him by forcing him watch bengals game footage from the last 10 years OVER and OVER again untill he hangs himself with his belt ! :mad: :mad:

[ 06-02-2003: Message edited by: The Moz ]

Originally posted by DIVINE DESTRUCTION:

I second that but I will be out of town all day Wed. and unable to get on the internet just a heads up.

LOL. Do not worry. We will be done this week.

Well I sat and waited all day, not that I haven't done this to you in the draft, but I am out of here, I will check back in after 7PM EST.

The point is we wait on the same guys over and over. Everyone is busy and have other things going on which will require them to be away from the board from time to time. I thought this was going to be a group of "active" owners but it appears this might not be the case. It is just disappointing when you have one set of expectations and get something different.

This guy might be the STEAL of the draft ! I had this guy as the 2nd best WR in the draft ! His route running is excellent his hands are great as well as speed ! Plus he is one of Spurriers boys and knows the Fun n Gun ! The first time Gardners focks up Jacobs will be starting ! Don't be surprised at all to see this guy starting opposite Coles by seasons end !

I have been in and out of the office most of the day. I am heading out one last time and will, back at 4:30. Very busy today guys.

[ 06-02-2003: Message edited by: Captain Lou ]

Captain -- Ike Hillard is a good pick I think he fell becasue people knew they would ever play him and why not take a chance on a fyler. But Ike Hillard is great value this late ! I thought about him but for the same reason as stated above passed in favor of a player that might become an Elite WR.

Sorry DD looks like after Uncle P picks you will be waiting a while ! must suck picking after the Brain ! :mad:

Originally posted by The Moz:

Captain -- Ike Hillard is a good pick I think he fell becasue people knew they would ever play him and why not take a chance on a fyler.  But Ike Hillard is great value this late !  I thought about him but for the same reason as stated above passed in favor of a player that might become an Elite WR.

If that is the case, then I am quite surprised. Befoe the toe injury two

years ago or so, he was a 900 yrad

receiver with 6 or 7 scores. I think

he is quite capable of putting up simiar type stats which coud make him about a

190 fantasy point receiver giving a point per reception. He has a handful of good years left, a new deal, and a clean bill

of health. Why he was passed over by those who have taken lessor upside receivers is on;y to my benefit considering that Demolition has a stable of very young receivers. Which is one of the reasons

why Jacobs is on your team and not

mine. Had I not owned Coles already,

would have taken him a roundor two ago. Nice pick ion your behalf BTW.

Also, considering that I may have to

deal a good young receiver for some sort

of back up running back, Hilliard fits

my teams needs and could play a role

during bye weeks if need be. I think getting him this late was a solid value indeed.

:mad:

Originally posted by The Brain:

Well I sat and waited all day, not that I haven't done this to you in the draft, but I am out of here, I will check back in after 7PM EST.

I don't mind waiting, I really don't. But if you say a time...c'mon

Originally posted by Uncle P:

I don't mind waiting, I really don't.  But if you say a time...c'mon

Exactly !

Originally posted by Shox:

The point is we wait on the same guys over and over.  Everyone is busy and have other things going on which will require them to be away from the board from time to time. I thought this was going to be a group of "active" owners but it appears this might not be the case.  It is just disappointing when you have one set of expectations and get something different.

There's obviously a fine line between "being active" and not having a life outside of this board. I have both school and work as well as a fiance to take care of. In addition I just moved and I do like to spend some time out of the house. I try to be on whenever I can but there will be times when I'm not online for a 12-hour period. If that means I don't fit your definition of an active owner then so be it. If you find yourself waiting around for your pick then maybe you should go jog or read a book.

Originally posted by Wuerffel for MVP:

There's obviously a fine line between "being active" and not having a life outside of this board.  I have both school and work as well as a fiance to take care of.  In addition I just moved and I do like to spend some time out of the house.  I try to be on whenever I can but there will be times when I'm not online for a 12-hour period.  If that means I don't fit your definition of an active owner then so be it.  If you find yourself waiting around for your pick then maybe you should go jog or read a book.

Thanks Wuerffel. I was going to say the same thing myself. Active and obsessive are two different things.

I totally agree. We all have better things to do than sit and wait in front of a computer, which is the point of frustration here. I try to be respectful of the time of the other 11 people here and I'm asking the same respect back...that's all.