Sign in to follow this  
Alimony Tony

*** Guys ***

I don't know if by now you all have seen the pictures of the devastation caused in the New Orleans area by hurricane Katrina. I'm sitting in a hotel room just near Clearlake, Texas.

I found out that my 2 story home is submerged in 12 feet of water. All I have left is my truck, car, wife, kids and the few things we packed when we evacuated. I have no idea when we will be able to return to what was once home. I lived in an area southeast of New Orleans that as of yet hasn't had pictures shown of it on TV yet. There are about 40,000 homes just in my parish/county alone under water. Nobody is able to get into the area yet. There were supposed to be 30 boats sent in before dark to attempt to rescue people from roof tops. It could take weeks or months for the water to go down before we can get back to our homes to assess the damage.

A good friend of mine (fireman), brother (national guard) and cousin (state police) had to stay behind to assist. I pray that they are safe. We have no contact with anyone back home by phone. Our cell phones based out of New Orleans will not work.

I am a wreck now. I have my youngest son (5) with me but two other sons that evacuated elsewhere. I pray they are safe also.

I cannot believe this has happened to us. This is something you always see on TV that happens to other people. Needless to say guys my life has been turned upside down in a matter of a few hours. PLEASE PRAY FOR US ALL. WE NEED THEM.

There are many dead and many missing. Some of my family and almost all of my friends also lost there homes .

I will do my best to keep in touch with you guys.

Man i hope everyone is safe AT. My prayers are with you and your family.!

My thoughts are with you.

My father lives in Slidell and I have two grandmothers, two aunts and uncles and four cousins in Covington. Half of my Covington family had to stay behind because my aunt is a nurse. Those that are here with me don't think they'll have much to go back to. I have no way to get in contact with my family that stayed.

I can only imagine what they, and you and your family, are going through.

Good grief. I got chill bumps just reading this.

At least your family seems to be safe since they evacuated. You were smart enough to get the hell out.

My inlaws live in Pensacola and they actually stayed during the last hurricane there. My wife/mother-in-law were pissed at them because they have 2 small boys and they decided to stay.

Anyway, if there's anything we can do to help, just let us know.

Guys I'm sure you are at work and can't watch tv. I don't think the rest of America has yet to realize how big a disaster this is. Levees have broke this morning and now the city of New Orleans (proper) is taking in water.

There hasn't really been a mention of deaths in New Orleans. That's because they haven't retrieved the bodies that are floating in the water. They are so busy rescuing the people that are still alive.

Look at a map of Louisiana and follow the river to the gulf. The southern part of that land has been washed into the Gulf. The I-10 crossing Lake Pontchartrain to go into Mississippi has been washed away.

Damn, AT, that is the suck. Glad you guys had the mind to leave before it got bad, though. We lost everything we owed in a house fire about 10 yrs ago. Oddly enough, we were living in the same area (Biloxi) at the time. I somewhat know what you're going through. Its heartbreaking to lose all your possessions, but you still have the family and thats whats most important.

If you guys need anything...ANYTHING...let me (and I'm sure the rest of us) know.

Check you email.  Rusty is trying to contact you.

Dude, TylerRoseFan and I are poised to roll out some hospitality for you this weekend - or really any time - for you here in Beaumont. We're certainly aware of the nature of this disaster and want to help you in any way we can.

Feel free to e-mail me at rustysyringes@hotmail.com, and I'll give you my phone numbers.

I supposed we're about 45-60 minutes from you there in Clear Lake.

We'd be more than happy to roll out some South Coast hospitality at our home.

It's not much, I suppose, but maybe it would take your mind off the grimness of all this for a short time.

I don't think you're going to be able to get back in there for a while, I'm afraid.

:doublethumbsup:

Dude, TylerRoseFan and I are poised to roll out some hospitality for you this weekend - or really any time - for you here in Beaumont. We're certainly aware of the nature of this disaster and want to help you in any way we can.

Feel free to e-mail me at rustysyringes@hotmail.com, and I'll give you my phone numbers.

I supposed we're about 45-60 minutes from you there in Clear Lake.

We'd be more than happy to roll out some South Coast hospitality at our home.

It's not much, I suppose, but maybe it would take your mind off the grimness of all this for a short time.

I don't think you're going to be able to get back in there for a while, I'm afraid.

:(

Uh...he's probably better off sitting on top of his house than in Buttmont. The hurricanes don't even like to go near Buttmont. :lol:

Just kidding. Very nice gesture by you and TRF. :cheers: