Sign in to follow this  
Zap

League Format and Rules

GOIDPANKAL:

Geeks Only Individual Defensive Players And No Kickers Allowed League

This is and always will be a redraft. The reason being no other form of fantasy football tests your draft and management, for the season at hand, like a redraft. With the growing popularity of keepers and dynasties, it's nice to have a straight up, this year, fantasy competition. Mike's big-time leagues are redrafts. The WCOFF is a redraft. This is a redraft. Keepers are great for several reasons. One being that incentive to keep the league together year after year. Here, if you do not finish in the top seven you are not invited back, and your space is filled by a new contestant next season. There's two playoff brackets. One with the top four finishers vying for the title, and one with the next four finishers battling for the return invitations.

Twelve Teams

Rosters carry 25 players

Starters:

1 Quaterback

2 Running Backs

3 Wide Receivers

1 Tight End

2 Defensive Lineman*

2 Linebacker

2 Defensive Back

2 Defensive Flex

The defensive flex position is one flex per position, so you must start 3 IDPs at any two positions, leaving you two at the other. The ten bench positions have no restrictions.

Offensive Scoring:

6 points for all TDs

1 point for 25 yards passing (fractional)

1 point for 10 yards rushing/receiving (fractional)

-3 points for interceptions and fumbles lost

Defensive Scoring:

.5 points for assisted tackles

1.5 points for solo tackles

1 point per pass defended

1 point per 10 interception and fumble recovery return yards, fractional

3 points for sacks,

3 points for blocked kicks and punts

3 points for fumbles forced or recovered

4 points for interceptions

5 points for safeties

6 points for tds

Okay, I've added the two defenders, increased offensive turnovers by 1 pt. and have one final suggestion.

One of the reasons I wanted to run the mock was to look at free agency after it was complete and see if my goal of making IDP free agents less appealing was accomplished. It's certainly worked at DL and DB, but I can still make a long list at LB that includes some pretty stout names.

So, I propose we take MacGregor's advice, and bump it to 8, like the mock. We would start defensively:

2 DL

2 LB

2 DB

2 Flex

Some of the mockers avoided being heavy on defense because of the mid-July date. So accounting for that, I think another half dozen names would be drafted in mid-August and this would be almost how I want it. Speak up, if you like or dislike the extra DFlex.

We would start defensively:

2 DL

2 LB

2 DB

2 Flex

Speak up, if you like or dislike the extra DFlex.

:(

I'm all for it.

2 DL

2 LB

2 DB

2 Flex

:blink:

I'm all for it.

Me too. :D

2 DL

2 LB

2 DB

2 Flex

:angry:

I'm all for it.

Me too. ;)

:angry: although the clickable smilies on this site leave a lot to be desired!

<_<  :unsure:

Look who crawled out of the woods. I think this is Scorgasm 1st post this season in here :o

I post....soemtimes....when I can.....

I am just loaded right now, all these meetings are really cutting in to my posting time..... :D

Anyhoo, I dont like the idea all that much, but I guess it would provide for a more interesting implementation of the players....

I dont like the idea all that much, but I guess it would provide for a more interesting implementation of the players.

you dont like the idea of posting on here?

You havent bothered to look at our scoring system, yet your quick to offer ideas on how to change it.

that is nothing, you should hear the sugestions i have for the average american voter. :rolleyes:

My poop is orange....and I like it.... :thumbsdown:

Unless I missed it somewhere, I'm assuming we can trade picks and/or players?

:banana:

Pretty sure we've had a picks trade every year. In season trading hasn't been heavy, but there's been trades every year. Veto power lies with me alone. I cannot imagine ever vetoing a trade. Shake my head? Yes. Manage other teams? No.

<_<

Pretty sure we've had a picks trade every year. In season trading hasn't been heavy, but there's been trades every year. Veto power lies with me alone. I cannot imagine ever vetoing a trade. Shake my head? Yes. Manage other teams? No.

Are you still considering changing any of the defensive scoring as was posted earlier on one of the threads or is that old news and a dead issue.

Are you still considering changing any of the defensive scoring as was posted earlier on one of the threads or is that old news and a dead issue.

I expect to go with a couple more changes, but I'm waiting for input from the stragglers. I'll probably toss up a few polls at the end of the month.

1 point per every 10 return yards for interceptions and fumble recoveries has been added.

1 point per every 10 return yards for interceptions and fumble recoveries has been added.

:unsure:

:thumbsup:

I detest trading of draft picks. It holds up the draft, and never seems equitable, as it's far too difficult to know what a draft pick is worth. Is a mid 3rd really worth two 4ths for example? Unpossible to know.

In leagues I've played where trading of picks is allowed, it's always a clusterfock. First the draft is held up because some yahoo says, "I'm negotiating a deal with so-and-so...I need some time. Sorry everyone" - so now we all have to wait while the yahoo in question tries to haggle. :rolleyes: Then, gods willing a deal is made, then 8 people whine about it - and meanwhile the whole draft is held up again.

Lame. :D

I don't remember any preseason draft pick trades going down last year. Why allow them this year? Draft who you draft - we've all been dealt our hand, so play it. Am I thrilled about 5th overall? Not in the slightest. Would I deal that for a lower 1st and an extra 2nd? You bet. Do I want to? Hell no - because dealing of draft picks is lame.

One man's opinion. :cheers:

I detest trading of draft picks. It holds up the draft, and never seems equitable, as it's far too difficult to know what a draft pick is worth. Is a mid 3rd really worth two 4ths for example? Unpossible to know.

In leagues I've played where trading of picks is allowed, it's always a clusterfock. First the draft is held up because some yahoo says, "I'm negotiating a deal with so-and-so...I need some time. Sorry everyone" - so now we all have to wait while the yahoo in question tries to haggle. :rolleyes: Then, gods willing a deal is made, then 8 people whine about it - and meanwhile the whole draft is held up again.

Lame. :rolleyes:

I don't remember any preseason draft pick trades going down last year. Why allow them this year? Draft who you draft - we've all been dealt our hand, so play it. Am I thrilled about 5th overall? Not in the slightest. Would I deal that for a lower 1st and an extra 2nd? You bet. Do I want to? Hell no - because dealing of draft picks is lame.

One man's opinion. :cheers:

An dI'm thankful your opinion is in the minority. :shocking:

I get a kick out of trades and enjoy leagues with active trading. Year one we had an interesting deal that sent a #2 to a team for a #3 and #4. Neither team amounted to much (the team w/extra pick was awful), but both were very interesting in post draft analysis. Year two we had a trade prior to the draft that was basically a postion swap with a bonus late rounder for the GM moving down in the draft. Last year I moved from 6 (iirc) to the 2 spot, and there was another similar move a week before the draft between others. I think DocJ made a move down.

Year one, which was a slow draft start to finish enjoyed three trades mid-draft. None of them seemed to bother anyone as much as (pathetically) slow drafting from an owner with limited access (who worked a trade with me, btw).

IT IS VERY DIFFICULT, to negotiate picks trades during the live portion of the draft. We'll be on a two minute clock with ME ( ;) ) moderating the thing. I am a single dad. It will be early evening on a school or Friday night (apparently). I like the corners so I can better monitor the chat and PMs, BUT, I simply cannot promise to be on top of every detail (apologies in advance). Timing will be crucial if you start negotiating a picks trade live, and cluing me in early is key. I am willing to pause breifly, jump through the commish tools hoops to input the trade, but it can create as much as a five minute delay (should the trade happen when the pick is due). If I get word a trade has been accepted and there's six or so picks ahead of the trade activity, it should be seamless, my daughter permitting.

I understand it is often the pick made just before you that can make say, "Crap, there goes that tier. I want to trade out of this." That's fine. Just understand you are on the clock, and I may be helping with 2nd grade homework.

Trades before we start or during the slow portion are entertaining to me. I enjoy the suspense that scooter detests as a delay. I like trying to figure out what both parties are thinking. We are nearly mutually agreed to run without a clock. Should be interesting. The key to keeping peace is always communication. Let us know. A totally quiet draft with someone mysteriously absent on the clock for hours and hours is nonsense and lame. You are, for a very brief time, being asked to be respectful and courteous to 11 strangers.

I will request, as I do every year, that you limit communication with me during the live draft to technical problems and potential trades. Not that anyone ever honors that humble request.

One feature Fanball cut when they gave their LM software to AOL is a live draft chat. We used a remote chat last year and a couple couldn't use it. Butcher was posting away at AOL and PMing via AIM, and another was posting here. I was trying to follow the chat, the many many PMs from the chat, the board at AOL, AIM (from more than just Butcher, btw), and the board here. :unsure:

There has to be a better way.

So when do you anticipate the slow draft kicking off?

Thursday night, August 17th, a minute after Larry Johnson is pulled from the game.