Sign in to follow this  
Shox

Mike Williams & Clarett

One or both of these guys could be in a supplemental draft later this summer. How are we going to handle their fantasy status. I have played in leagues which handle them differently.

Some have made them elgible for the rookie draft this year. If they don't enter until 2005 the fantasy team who drafts them this year would get them in 2005. The negative is they take a roster spot this year. This is the way I would prefer to do it.

Some leagues have a supplemental draft. The team with the highest draft spot gets first shot and you move down the draft order until taken. Some leagues don't even make you lose a pick in the subsequent years draft, but I don't think this is fair.

Another option is to make them part of the free agent pool if they are part of a supplemental draft.

Finally, some have completely excluded them until 2005.

Why don't you make a call on this Smitty.

In the LOST league, they were fair game for draft this year. Buyer beware because they take a roster spot and if they somehow get injured between now and the time they are really drafted, then that's the chance you take. I took Mike Williams in the 1st round. Of course I had 3 picks and could afford to take that chance.

I say they are either in or out. No supp draft. Just remember if they dont get in their names wont be on any site we use, so that would have to be done on this board.

I say they are either in or out. No supp draft. Just remember if they dont get in their names wont be on any site we use, so that would have to be done on this board.

We just drafted some spare that no one had ever heard of (Adam Zargawusi) and let the league know that this is Mike Williams.

I dont think Mike and Clarett should be included. For one, it would be a mess if they dont enter the league and someone has to keep them on their roster all season with nothing to show for it. I dont think a player not in the NFL should be eligible to be taken in our draft...if they enter the supplemental draft(and i doubt the nfl lets them) we will have to use our waiver system to add them to a roster or completely ignore them until next season

I dont think Mike and Clarett should be included. For one, it would be a mess if they dont enter the league and someone has to keep them on their roster all season with nothing to show for it. I dont think a player not in the NFL should be eligible to be taken in our draft...if they enter the supplemental draft(and i doubt the nfl lets them) we will have to use our waiver system to add them to a roster or completely ignore them until next season

Hopefully, they won't play this year. I've got a feeling they won't be in the supplemental draft. Haven't heard much at all from them since before the draft.

I would say they are NOT elligible in any of our drafts untill they are NFL elligible. Else, we'll be drafting college sophmores just to have their rights "if and when".

If they go "supplemental", then they're FA material and in the pool by pecking order at the time in our league.

What about Canadian football players? I would say the same thing. Until they are signed by a NFL team, they don't exist. But NFL Europe players WOULD be draftable if they are the property of an NFL team.

Agreed? Opinions?

We either have to include them in a draft this year or not have them in at all. Because if you allowed them to go on waivers would the person with the last pick in the veteren draftget higher waiver priority and basically end up with 2 first round picks that year. Either way you do it there will be a fight who gets the highest waiver priority and i dont think it does justice to have those guys out on waivers so we either have to let them in the rookie draft or not at all

OK guys...just had a crazy idea. Would anyone be against me allowing these 2 guys allowed in the rookie draft with one catch...you can draft them if you want to take the chance of them getting into the supplemental draft but if they are not allowed into the NFL this year you automatically forfeit that pick and they are reentered into next years rookie draft?

thoughts?

just dont let them in. If they get in a supp draft, they are off limits until next season. It will just save all this fuss from happening.

OK guys...just had a crazy idea. Would anyone be against me allowing these 2 guys allowed in the rookie draft with one catch...you can draft them if you want to take the chance of them getting into the supplemental draft but if they are not allowed into the NFL this year you automatically forfeit that pick and they are reentered into next years rookie draft?

thoughts?

Hell no, thats just stupid either they are in for sure or they are out for sure one or the other

thoughts?

I would not be in favor of this.

My preference they are either in or out, but no supplemental draft or waiver sytem, please.

Yea, they will not be eligible for our drafts...i was just throwing that out for discussion.

I guess, given the posts here, I would say that unless the NFL announces that they are elligable for the supp. draft BEFORE WE DRAFT they are off limits till our draft next year.

Sign in to follow this