Sign in to follow this  
Bad_Mo_focher

The Mark Brunell Quandry

This guy has been on focking fire, and is probably is causing many headaches for owners.....those who own him (who to start instead of him) and those that go against him (28, 20, 28, 36, 28 points the last 5 weeks in my league).

When does a QB (or any player for that matter) rise to "stud" status in your opinion? 4 weeks of producing, 7 weeks......?

Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

he is Favresque like. :blink: :unsure:

When does a QB (or any player for that matter) rise to "stud" status in your opinion? 4 weeks of producing, 7 weeks......?

That is the question that all of us are always trying to figure out! When to trade for him at a low value? It's funny how it works. Even though Brunell is blowing away Culpepper it would be hard to trade them straight up. We don't see Brunell as being a "stud", even though he is without question so far this year.

Look at Willie Parker. Like him or not, if Clinton Portis, Jamal Lewis, Willis McGahee put up the same numbers....what would we think? We would say they were doing okay. But in Willies case, guys want to say he is great (due to his good games) or he sucks (due to his bad games). Rather than look at him for what he is....a starter that has a couple great games and a couple bad games.

Alot of guys are in the same boat this year. Caddy is great...but is he gonna be injury prone? Lamont Jordan...is he at a top 5 level now? Is he in company with LT, SA, Edge....when do we put him there....overevaluating or underevalutating is the key to this crazy fantasy thing that we all love so much!

Not a problem for me, I dropped Brooks and picked Brunell up off the waiver wire the week before Bulger was injured ... started Brunell for the first time this week and he was key for the victory. :doublethumbsup:

I'll be starting him until Bulger is back, but I see a QB controversy brewing on my fantasy team.

I like what Brunell has done with his opportunity. Good to see a guy like him get things going in the right direction.

The Redskins scoring 50+ points? If you insinuated that in the first 2 weeks, people would have forced you off this Board.

I think its hard NOT to take the ride. How long before his wheels come off, ya know?

That is the question that all of us are always trying to figure out! When to trade for him at a low value? It's funny how it works. Even though Brunell is blowing away Culpepper it would be hard to trade them straight up. We don't see Brunell as being a "stud", even though he is without question so far this year.

Look at Willie Parker. Like him or not, if Clinton Portis, Jamal Lewis, Willis McGahee put up the same numbers....what would we think? We would say they were doing okay. But in Willies case, guys want to say he is great (due to his good games) or he sucks (due to his bad games). Rather than look at him for what he is....a starter that has a couple great games and a couple bad games.

Alot of guys are in the same boat this year. Caddy is great...but is he gonna be injury prone? Lamont Jordan...is he at a top 5 level now? Is he in company with LT, SA, Edge....when do we put him there....overevaluating or underevalutating is the key to this crazy fantasy thing that we all love so much!

You would be stupid not to trade Culpepper for Brunell. Numbers don't lie.

Let's go to the schedule:

8 Sun. Oct. 30 1:00 p.m. ET at Giants

9 Sun. Nov. 6 8:30 p.m. ET Eagles

10 Sun. Nov. 13 1:00 p.m. ET at Buccaneers

11 Sun. Nov. 20 1:00 p.m. ET Raiders

12 Sun. Nov. 27 1:00 p.m. ET Chargers

13 Sun. Dec. 4 4:05 p.m. ET at Rams

14 Sun. Dec. 11 4:05 p.m. ET at Cardinals

15 Sun. Dec. 18 1:00 p.m. ET Cowboys

16 Sat. Dec. 24 1:00 p.m. ET Giants

17 Sun. Jan. 1 4:15 p.m. ET at Eagles

Eagles and Bucs will be tough games, as will Cowboys and Eagles toward the end of the season, especially since the division is competitive this year. Other than that, Redskins will have to be putting a lot of points on the board to keep up with the others in all likelihood. I think Brunell will be a strong play for a lot of the remaining season... maybe less so come playoff time though.

With QBs, I don't think they really ascend to stud status until at least a year. Look at Brees -- most people didn't think he'd be able to do it again, whereas he's leading San Diego quite well this season. Sadly, RBs just need a half-dozen decent games before they're the second coming. Both McGahee and KJones proved this based on last years performance.

The guy has 12TD's in 6 games and his previous CAREER best was 20 while throwing to McCardell and JSmith in Jax. Pretty good bet to obliterate his own personal best.

Sure he has a couple tough matchups in there, but as long as both he and Moss stay healthy, he should do fine and he also has some great matchups mixed in there as well.

I cant trade this guy worth a damn. Everyone laughs at me when I offer him. I'm a Bulger owner with him as my backup and I still dont trust starting him. I think it'll take a couple more 2 td 250 yd games for anyone to actually consider him as an upgrade over their current average QB (ie: Hasselbeck, Collins, etc)

I have a Culpepper owner starting McCown who scoffed at me in a trade offer for Mike Anderson (his #4 RB)

I picked up Brunell last week to cover Brady's bye week and he led me to my victory.

I decided that with his hot hand and connection with Moss that I am going to leave him in this week and bench Brady against the Bills.

since I am 3-4, I need to go with who is hot and Brunell is.

I picked up Brunell off the waiver wire at the same time I was completing a 10 player deal that sent Collins and 4 others for Moss and 4. I can't believe 10 days ago I was debating whether to pick up Mark, Frerotte, or Plummer for my one week fill-in for Farve's bye week.

I started Farve yesterday. No biggie, Bret had a good enough day to carry me to a win.

Now I'm debating whether to start Brunell @ NYG or Farve @ Cin.

No way did I see that coming.

Guest 00ITR499
The Redskins scoring 50+ points? If you insinuated that in the first 2 weeks, people would have forced you off this Board.

If you want to look smart by using big words, make sure you don't look like a dummy when using them. HTH :lol:

Played him over Brooks & McNair the last 3 weeks, was the deciding factor in all three of my wins :pointstosky:

The Redskins scoring 50+ points?  If you insinuated that in the first 2 weeks, people would have forced you off this Board.

If you want to look smart by using big words, make sure you don't look like a dummy when using them. HTH :banana:

Here is four (4) big words for you....

Lick My Nut Sack.

[insinuate: to introduce or suggest (as an idea) gradually or in a subtle, indirect or covert way....]

HTFH, dummy.

I have a Culpepper owner starting McCown who scoffed at me in a trade offer for Mike Anderson (his #4 RB)

Anderson owners are as berzerk as FWP owners... so that doesn't surprise me.

As for Brunell, I picked him up when I realized Culpepper was losing me games... and I've started him ever since. Started the year 0-4... I'm now looking at the a$$-end of 3-4... thanks to the Old Man.

You would be stupid not to trade Culpepper for Brunell. Numbers don't lie.

Because Brunell has outproduced CPepp the last four years by so much yeah, I understand that. Again, your evaluation is that CPepp is done....and Brunell is gonna keep puttin up great numbers.

Like I said, that is what we are all trying to figure out...who can keep it up and who is a three or four week flash in the pan....or just in a slump? You have already decided that Brunell is tons better than Culpepper, I have yet to decide that.