Sign in to follow this  
Texansfan

When will Dolphins finally kick Ricky to the curb?

Watching Ricky Williams play is sad, he is nowhere near the player he was.

WHY?

Not because he lost his talent.

Not because he's out of shape.

Simply because the guy has NO desire to play. He even said it while he was suspended that he didn't care. The guy is there to get a paycheck and not have to pay penalties, plain and simple.

So why are the Dolphins wasting their time with this guy?

To showcase him for a trade? I don't care how he plays, the guy is a headcase and no team in the NFL will trust the guy enough to give much for him.

To get something for their money? All they are doing is delaying the developement of a future STUD in Ronnie Brown.

Screw Ricky, let him ride the pine and smoke his weed. Let Ronnie Brown be the man. He is the future of the Dolphins...

Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

Soon as they get their 2 dollars.

I've been wondering the same thing. Ronnie Brown's really done a nice job for them considering the mess of an OL he runs behind, and he's shown the ability to break off a long one when he gets enough carries. 8 for 95 last week, including a 65 yard TD. Ricky on the other hand gets 6 carries for -1.

I kicked Ricky to the fantasy curb last week; hopefully Saban will at least relegate him to special teams duty and leave the running to Ronnie....

Dude just wants some more green backs, he doesn't even want to be there. Soon as he collects some checks he'll quit.....I mean......retire again. :o

Honestly, I have never understood this situation. Not for a minute. It has been fairly obvious that Ricky has lost interest in football. Why didn't the Dolphins just demand their money and be done with him? Seriously.....I don't understand why.

As a Dolphin fan, I was calling for Ricky to be traded before the deadline. I didn't want to see him come back like nothing happened. If he was helping us win, I'd probably be a little more forgiving. But to have him come back AND suck is ridiculous. They should have just cut their losses and moved on.

Does it really matter if he wants to play? If he is just doing it for his paycheck then how is that different from what each of us do? I know he has been not doing well but its not like he is getting a ton of carries either. I dont think it should matter if he wants to play or not, as long as he performs, and that is the problem his performance not his heart.

Dude just wants some more green backs, he doesn't even want to be there. Soon as he collects some checks he'll quit.....I mean......retire again. :rolleyes:

Ricky has 8 Million reasons why he came back to play.....

Not found on that list of reasons is DESIRE! He is all about Ricky ... not about the team. Dolphins are keeping him around as a high priced insurance policy. What a waste! :rolleyes:

Does it really matter if he wants to play? If he is just doing it for his paycheck then how is that different from what each of us do? I know he has been not doing well but its not like he is getting a ton of carries either. I dont think it should matter if he wants to play or not, as long as he performs, and that is the problem his performance not his heart.

Logic is not allowed to be used in this forearm :rolleyes:

It sucks for Brown owners because this guy is a stud. Brown should have better numbers than his ex-teammate when all is said and done. He is a sturdier back.

But for some reason ($$) I bet Ricky will keep stealing 8-10 carries (for -6 yards) every game.

No one's saying Ricky's stupid for collecting a check.

Everyone is saying the Dolphins are stupid for making it happen.

i remember saban saying that he wants to have 2 good backs in his system, that its tougher to defend. I dont know, it seems that there should be norbbc becasue it messes up the flow. Can ricky even be traded next year, isnt he still under contract? I believe he gets paid league min this year and next year as well. U guys know?

the hebrew hammer