Sign in to follow this  
CA_7

Kansas Jayhawks - The Hottest Team In Cbb?

Check out their last 16 games, only one L at Texas. I haven't been following college bball that much and am not a Kansas fan but looks like they are on a roll

Sat, Jan 21 Nebraska W 96-54 -- --

Wed, Jan 25 at Texas A&M W 83-73 -- --

Sat, Jan 28 at Iowa St. W 95-85 -- --

Mon, Jan 30 Texas Tech W 86-52 -- --

Sun, Feb 5 (19) Oklahoma W 59-58 -- --

Wed, Feb 8 at Nebraska W 69-48 -- --

Sat, Feb 11 Iowa St. W 88-75 -- --

Mon, Feb 13 at Oklahoma St. W 64-49 -- --

Sat, Feb 18 Missouri W 79-46 -- --

Tue, Feb 21 Baylor W 76-61 -- --

Sat, Feb 25 at (7) Texas L 55-80 -- --

Wed, Mar 1 Colorado W 75-54 -- --

Sat, Mar 4 at Kansas St. W 66-52 -- --

Fri, Mar 10 Oklahoma St. W 63-62 -- --

Sat, Mar 11 Nebraska W 79-65 -- --

Sun, Mar 12 at (8) Texas W 80-68

Somebody talk me out of not picking these guys for the Final Four

Check out their last 16 games, only one L at Texas. I haven't been following college bball that much and am not a Kansas fan but looks like they are on a roll

CMH?

if all our old posts were here you'd know that I said while they'd likely struggle at first, I thought they'd adapt to the college team and surprise some people.

:huh:

how about this, aside from texas they haven't beaten anyone?

Fair point but their average margin of victory for the 15 wins is almost 16 points.

:blink:

They have an early-90s-Arizona thing going. 3 seed? Nope. 4 seed? Nuh-uh.

(I believe for Zona it was 2-4-5 they lost with)

They have an early-90s-Arizona thing going. 3 seed? Nope. 4 seed? Nuh-uh.

(I believe for Zona it was 2-4-5 they lost with)

And then Arizona won it all in 97 I think. I hope the same follows for Kansas, cuz this first round loss BS is gettin on my nerves. Bucknell and Bradley? Jeezus H F'n Christ.

i think its about time this thread should resurface

I was at the ISU/ Ku game....and not a chance i pick them in the final four.

They struggled to the last minute (Score was 84-79 by the way) to beat an ISU team taht was supposed to win 10 games this year.

These arent the same jayhawks.....with the likes of Collins or Heinrich or Vaughn in the back court. Selby is good, but very raw, Reed is solid but not going to scare anybody.....the morris boys are tough, but in the tourney its all guard play that leads you....they just dont have the guards this year.

I was at the ISU/ Ku game....and not a chance i pick them in the final four.

They struggled to the last minute (Score was 84-79 by the way) to beat an ISU team taht was supposed to win 10 games this year.

These arent the same jayhawks.....with the likes of Collins or Heinrich or Vaughn in the back court. Selby is good, but very raw, Reed is solid but not going to scare anybody.....the morris boys are tough, but in the tourney its all guard play that leads you....they just dont have the guards this year.

ppffttt

ppffttt

hah,....well i heard plenty of KU fans after that game shaking their heads saying they need to play a lot better..which they do.

You dont have to believe me.....but your kidding yourself if you think this KU team is better than a plethora of KU teams that have got bounced out early in the tourney.......

hah,....well i heard plenty of KU fans after that game shaking their heads saying they need to play a lot better..which they do.

You dont have to believe me.....but your kidding yourself if you think this KU team is better than a plethora of KU teams that have got bounced out early in the tourney.......

and the '08 and '88 teams weren't the best teams they fielded either.

Selby is growing into his role, and Thomas Robinson has been coming on strong as of late. They're definitely the team to beat in the Big 12. They didn't look that good against ISU, but at the same time how many primetime games on ESPN does ISU see each year? Most every team has their time to shine in the national spotlight against teams like Kansas, and they always seem to bring their A-game at those times. Not making excuses, but KU still has a very solid team, will likely once again win the Big 12 title and could make a run in postseason play. Business as usual for KU.

and the '08 and '88 teams weren't the best teams they fielded either.

Selby is growing into his role, and Thomas Robinson has been coming on strong as of late. They're definitely the team to beat in the Big 12. They didn't look that good against ISU, but at the same time how many primetime games on ESPN does ISU see each year? Most every team has their time to shine in the national spotlight against teams like Kansas, and they always seem to bring their A-game at those times. Not making excuses, but KU still has a very solid team, will likely once again win the Big 12 title and could make a run in postseason play. Business as usual for KU.

Well but thats not really "business as usual" for KU. Their business as usual is getting bounced out early of the tourney even though they had more talent than everyone else. I sure hope you are not denying that.

And that '08 team had how many all americans? Id say they were certainly a favorite.

And dont take that the wrong way.....always had good respect for KU. Their fans have always been nice to us onthe road, they were applauding for a Johnny Orr ceremony we had before the game, and obviously they know what state to come get talent ;)

IMO they just dont have the units like they have had in the past.....