Sign in to follow this  
naomi

China, Russia Reject Proposals From United States

Story

I don't really know the story behind Iran's determination to have nuclear weapons on the ready, so I'll just throw this out here incase someone actually has followed the news for sometime...what do you think is up with China and Russia being passive, perhaps encouraging on the matter?

Politics? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*runs for cover as Naomi opens Pandora's Box, leading to the boards once more being flooded by fastfish, ReclinerPilot, and the rest*

Politics? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*runs for cover as Naomi opens Pandora's Box, leading to the boards once more being flooded by fastfish, ReclinerPilot, and the rest*

:wacko: There was a suspicious ratio between views and replies, I figured it's because it's boring.

I'll have to read a lot of stuff in order to get the gist of how this has all developed :D China and Russia not minding = :D

also hello Zero. You posted the unmentionable back in the day, dunno if you go by another name at TDZ, so hey :lol:

Hi Naomi(and everyone else too), nice to be back "on board".

I think in China's case, it is a mattter of Iran being their major oil supplier, and Iran is also one of China's main customers in military hardware.

Russia is the same but different. They also do trade with Teheran, witness the collaboration between the two countries in Iran's nuclear power infrastructure. But more importantly, Russia is trying to reclaim its place among the world's major powers and getting involved in the major international issues of the day is one way to do it. They've also made waves by hosting the newly elected leader of Hamas. You'll see the Rooskies continue to provide a counter balance to Western intentions on the world stage, especially in the Middle East.

Hi Naomi(and everyone else too), nice to be back "on board".

I think in China's case, it is a mattter of Iran being their major oil supplier, and Iran is also one of China's main customers in military hardware.

Russia is the same but different. They also do trade with Teheran, witness the collaboration between the two countries in Iran's nuclear power infrastructure. But more importantly, Russia is trying to reclaim its place among the world's major powers and getting involved in the major international issues of the day is one way to do it. They've also made waves by hosting the newly elected leader of Hamas. You'll see the Rooskies continue to provide a counter balance to Western intentions on the world stage, especially in the Middle East.

Hey :thumbsup: How's everything with you? Thanks for the info! Iran and China's connection makes a lot of sense in those terms. The part about Russia surprises me a little, I don't know the history behind why Russia would opt to counter balance western intentions now if there is one. But just trying to become a world player makes sense.

well done CC.

altho Russia does trade a great deal with Iran, specially military shiznit over the years.

The U.N. needs to stick to handing out blankets and medicine in Africa.

:shocking: :cheers: :doublethumbsup:

:huh: There was a suspicious ratio between views and replies, I figured it's because it's boring.

I'll have to read a lot of stuff in order to get the gist of how this has all developed :pointstosky: China and Russia not minding = :wub:

also hello Zero. You posted the unmentionable back in the day, dunno if you go by another name at TDZ, so hey :doh:

Thanks, its nice to have this place back again. I started going to TDZ, but then I forgot the address haha.