Sign in to follow this  
t.j

Aaron Brooks

Not in Chocolate City, I would imagine...

Guest stevejohnson

How about back to the Packers? Maybe the Jets.....The Raiders actually would be the best fit!

How about back to the Packers? Maybe the Jets.....The Raiders actually would be the best fit!

You might be right. I'd hate for them to give up anything for him in a trade, though, or to pay him the $6.5M base salary he is due this year. :)

You might be right. I'd hate for them to give up anything for him in a trade, though, or to pay him the $6.5M base salary he is due this year. :)

t j, who do the Raiders want at QB? what's the word?

t j, who do the Raiders want at QB? what's the word?

No idea. Rumor has it they were in the mix for Culpepper. Which makes me think they are not satisfied with what they have. I have to think they'd give a long, hard look at Cutler or Young if either of those guys were available at the #7 pick, despite how many needs they have at other positions. I'm sure they will be pretty secretive about it at least through the draft. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like Drew Olson or Brodie Croyle in round 2. Personally I hope they give Andrew Walter a shot to be the starter, sign a decent vet to be the #2, and roll with Tui at #3. They just don't have the salary cap situation or depth to afford a big-name vet in a trade.

There's been speculation about Minnesota looking into him.

Another good thought. IMO, Brooks > Culpooper

McCown is rumoured to be visiting Oakland. wouldnt mind us signing him then having a straight competition between himself and Walter for the starting job.

Interesting. Hey, where did you get that article which you posted (which got deleted). I was going to reply that although the Raiders haven't signed anybody yet, they were close to signing a 1 year deal with G Toniu Fonoti.

Interesting. Hey, where did you get that article which you posted (which got deleted). I was going to reply that although the Raiders haven't signed anybody yet, they were close to signing a 1 year deal with G Toniu Fonoti.

People can say what they want about Al Davis, but the guy knows how to work the salary cap.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/article...rycap140306.php

With each of these moves executed, the Oakland Raiders saved themselves $9,310,000 on Monday. Not bad for a day's work

The Oakland Raiders posted another quiet day in NFL Free Agency on Monday, as nobody was added to the roster, but several players did have their salary cap number reduced. Among the notables were defensive end Bobby Hamilton, wide receiver Ronald Curry, halfback Zack Crockett, and offensive guard Brad Badger.

Each of Monday's restructures were good news to the team. Bobby Hamilton, who came to Oakland following the 2003 season with New England, has played a vital backup/starter role on the defensive line of Oakland. In two seasons with the Raiders, Hamilton has recorded 113 tackles and three sacks. In the new deal, Hamilton will retain his current salary, but his total cap number will drop from $5,320,000 to $1,750,000 in 2007. Retaining Hamilton is a good move, as it will preserve the Raiders' depth and experience on the defensive line.

North Carolina superstar Ronald Curry also saw a salary adjustment on Monday. Performance incentives were altered under his current contract, which will now drop considerably from $5,040,000 to $1,640,000. Curry showed what he can do during the 2004 campaign, catching 50 balls for 679 yards and six touchdowns. He is expected to fight with fellow wide receiver Doug Gabriel during camp to see who can take over the slot position. However, Gabriel seems to have the edge over the injury-prone Curry.

The "sledgehammer" will also be back for the 2007 season, as will backup offensive lineman Brad Badger. Crockett, a fullback who also served as the backup running back for the 2005 season, is a fan favorite in Oakland. In his seven seasons with the Raiders, Crockett has 35 touchdowns - the majority of which came inside the five-yard line. 31-year old guard Brad Badger also adjusted his contract on Monday. After joining the Raiders in 2004, Badger has yet to miss a game and has provided solid depth on the often-injured offensive five of Oakland. With both deals, the Raiders will save $2,340,000 against their 2006 salary cap.

Thanks.

OAKLAND RAIDERS NEWS & NOTES

Free agent offensive lineman Toniu Fonoti is expected to ink a one-year deal with the Raiders within the next day or two.

In addition to Monday’s contract alterations, the Raiders also tendered the rights to several other players from their 2005 squad: TE James Adkisson, FB John Paul Foschi, OT Brad Lekkerkerker, DT Anttaj Hawthorne, DE Tommy Kelly, and DT Terdell Sands.

Not sure why they only want a 1-year deal with Hawthorne. Glad to see they tenderred the RFAs, though, particularly the d-linemen.

tbh , i would like to see us make a move for billy volek, a year ago he was touted as one of the nfl's best backups, now it seems certain that the titans will go qb in rd1 , making him expendable, he wouldnt cost that much maybe a 3rd rounder tops, more realistically 4th round. he can play and throw the deep ball in this league. plus he is a cali homeboy, so it would be a homecoming of sorts. :blink:

Another backup I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland is inquiring about his availability: Matt Schaub.

I hope for the Raiders sake they don't reach for a guy like Olson. I'll be surprised if Olson goes day one. I see him more as a day two selection, at best.

Another backup I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland is inquiring about his availability: Matt Schaub.

I hope for the Raiders sake they don't reach for a guy like Olson. I'll be surprised if Olson goes day one. I see him more as a day two selection, at best.

I don't think there's anyway Atlanta gives up Schaub for a reasonable price. You're probably right bout Olson, though.

I don't think there's anyway Atlanta gives up Schaub for a reasonable price. You're probably right bout Olson, though.

Falcons | Team trying to trade for Abraham

Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:58:41 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Atlanta Falcons are trying to piece together a trade offer to present to the New York Jets in exchange for franchise free agent DE John Abraham. One significant blockage to a deal that, despite ongoing efforts from both sides, remains a long shot: The Falcons steadfastly refuse to include QB Matt Schaub, the player Jets officials regard as the centerpiece to any deal, in their trade proposals. It is believed the Jets are seeking Schaub and the Falcons' second-round draft pick for Abraham.