Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Taylor Made Driver

You know that those markers for distance at the driving range are completely wrong, right?

Aren't you the person in the "What balls do you use" thread who loses balls all the time? Either you are hitting the ball really far in the wrong direction, or your measurements are off.

The driving range I go to ends at 300 yards too, (so it says)

I think it's pretty accurate though, because I've never seen anyone get there without a long roll.

I got a ball there once, it hit off the roof of the ball picker upper truck and went an extra 40 yards. :cry:

alsonotreally :rolleyes:

Golf Digest did d piece a while back about how 'lifeless' driving range balls really are. If you're carrying a driving range ball 300 yards and hitting it over a fence - you should be on some kind of tour.

Golf Digest did d piece a while back about how 'lifeless' driving range balls really are. If you're carrying a driving range ball 300 yards and hitting it over a fence - you should be on some kind of tour.

I never thought of that.

Which is probably why I hit my 7 iron 150 and my driver 220 :cry:

Jep, and not that I needed the GD article to confirm this - but you should NEVAR cage how far you hit your clubs based on performance at a driving range.

You know that those markers for distance at the driving range are completely wrong, right?

Aren't you the person in the "What balls do you use" thread who loses balls all the time? Either you are hitting the ball really far in the wrong direction, or your measurements are off.

How does one lose balls on a driving range? :unsure:

Jep, and not that I needed the GD article to confirm this - but you should NEVAR cage how far you hit your clubs based on performance at a driving range.

yep i tries the tm 580 when it was about 40 degrees out, and really hit it pretty shittty but I played it before. I dont think I hit one over 240 that day

I hit a drive 2500 yards once, it was the greatest swing of my life! :rolleyes:

No really I average about 270 off the tee, I have a ridiculous club head speed. Took me a few years to finally get the swing down so I'm pretty consistent now. Before I'd hit it 300 yards the wrong way every time. I use a Taylor Made Firesole driver, I've had that thing for about 5 years now, I've bought and sold almost every new Taylor Made driver out there, nothing in my opinion beats the Firesole for me, others hate, it must just fit my swing. I've had that thing regripped probably 4-5 times. AHHH springtime, nothing better.

275?? you are like 6'2, I suck at golf and can bomb 300 if I get into it

This guy hits it 300 yards about as often as I turn down a donut.