Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Taylor Made Driver

Hit some bombs with it :banana:

have ben playing for about 13 years never had an oversized driver it felt good. Biggest was 275

:mad:

Hit some bombs with it :banana:

have ben playing for about 13 years never had an oversized driver it felt good. Biggest was 275

:mad:

275?? you are like 6'2, I suck at golf and can bomb 300 if I get into it

you are a lot fatter then me :banana:

I'm a little taller then 6'3'' only 190

270 is a huge drive for me

plus i still shot good for not going out on the range at all this year i played great only hooked 2 drives and they were in the saem hoel after I hit one in the watter... also im drunk

I'm about to buy a Taylor Made R5. I've demoed it a couple of times on the launch moniter at Golf Galaxy. I love it. I currently hit a Titleist 975J but want something with a bigger club head.

As far as distances go, I think a lot of people can't actually hit it as far as they think they can. 270 is solid. Hell I'd take 250 if I could hit it straight every time.

Lovin the Ping G2 right now....
Prolly can hit around 290-300 consistently, I have the Ping TiSi, but would rather have the G2. Technology isn't worth it though if you suck at golf...

I'm about to buy a Taylor Made R5. I've demoed it a couple of times on the launch moniter at Golf Galaxy. I love it. I currently hit a Titleist 975J but want something with a bigger club head.

As far as distances go, I think a lot of people can't actually hit it as far as they think they can. 270 is solid. Hell I'd take 250 if I could hit it straight every time.

yep thats what I got

i bought an adams redline rpm last year and love it. since i have lost a lot of weight over the last year I have had to basically start with a whole new golf swing. i am hitting the ball straighter, now it is time to work on club head speed to hit the ball further. courses are opening up around here and i am itching to go. have been to a golf dome a few times but it just isnt the same.

No you can't

:huh:

Anyway can hit it 300 yards to the left or right, that's not impressive.

I've played golf with him and there is no way he hits it 300 yards. The only thing he bombs is his shorts after hitting up Taco Bell

I've played golf with him and there is no way he hits it 300 yards. The only thing he bombs is his shorts after hitting up Taco Bell

:)

being good at golf is not a prereq for demolishing a golf ball.

:lol:

being good at golf is not a prereq for demolishing a golf ball.

Hitting a golf ball 300 yards is more a function of skill than of strength. I am not sure if you realize what it truly means to hit the ball that far.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Everybody knows some dude who says he can hit 300 yard drives.

I know exactly 1 person who can consistently do this. He is about 5'6" tall.

I won a long drive contest once with a 365 yd bomb. Of course it was downhill, downwind in Hawaii.

I seriously think cheaper courses intentionally overstate the distances of holes to make the players feel better. Then when I occasionally play a good course, I wonder why my drives are 20 yards shorter. :lol:

My golf partner is a 300+ driver consistantly. 300 yard drives are rare.

you wanna re-work this, or what?

Prolly can hit around 290-300 consistently, I have the Ping TiSi, but would rather have the G2. Technology isn't worth it though if you suck at golf...

Yeah...that blue Graffaloy shaft makes a big difference with my swing as well.

Though if I keep hitting the Stealhead Plus 3+ wood as well as I am right now...the Driver may stay in the bag for a while.

A lot of you guys must be pretty big hitters. Less than 1% of all golfers hit the ball 300+ off the tee. That being said, there is a big difference in being able to hit the ball 300 yards and being a good golfer.

2nd time out today

driver was even better then last time.. used driver on 14 holes 10 were at least 270 down the middle.. sliced a few that still were not bad, hit one 330 with the wind on a 370 yard hole.. This driver is da bomb.. buddy used it last 5 holes said he is pickig on up before saturday..

saturday is bach party :ninja:

also played pretty damn good shirt irons sucked and so did putting shot an 83 its only 6400 yards tho.

After my near-orgasmic experience with the Taylor Made hybrid, I'm seriously considering an R5 or R7.

Also, all of this 300+ yard talk is crap.

you are correct. i have only seen 2 guys that i golf with hit drives over 300yds

you are correct. i have only seen 2 guys that i golf with hit drives over 300yds

I hit a 350+ yard drive once. Drove the fringe on a a 365 yd hole. Of course it was downhill and with a 35 mph wind in Hawaii...

I have a theory that many golf courses (especially lower end ones) fudge their yardage to trick players into thinking they hit longer drives. I challenge any of the 300 yard hitters here to go live to a PGA event, watch a pro hit a drive, then realize that the drive they just watched was prolly < 300 yards.

After my near-orgasmic experience with the Taylor Made hybrid, I'm seriously considering an R5 or R7.

I am last person to lie about my driving distance, more about club then anything.. before this like i said 250 was good drive.. this driver adds 25 yards to my drive easily .. thats all im saying..

also get the R5 :headbanger:

and yes i hit A drive 330 yards today

A lot of you guys must be pretty big hitters. Less than 1% of all golfers hit the ball 300+ off the tee. That being said, there is a big difference in being able to hit the ball 300 yards and being a good golfer.

They all have hot wives, are in good shape, make over 100 g's and have an 8 inch hog. What else you need to know?

* Taylor Made has really soared to the top of the driver world. Although I wasn't a fan of the r7 weight gimmick, I did love the R580 - and in fact played it for 2 years until recently switching to a Titleist 905T. If you're looking to launch it, can't really go wrong with TM.

* I acree with the 300 yard drive irregularity. I think most over estimate their distance by a considerable amount. Without a tremendous amount of wind/downhill help - the simple physics of it prevent most from achieving such a feat. There simply isn't anyway a person with 95 mph of clubhead speed is going to hit it 300 yards without bouncing it down an airport runway strip. There are very few prefessional golfers who can even carry it 300 yards......That being said, I'm not saying some don't do it. But when it happens, everybody within hearing distance will know it. The explosion and sound the ball makes coming off a drive like that gets you noticed.

Id say my driving average is around 250....with the occaisional bomb helped by wind...hill...cartpath or just getting a hold of one on the screws with a perfect swing.

Did have a cart path aided 350ish shot once.

There was a cart path that crossed the fairway on a par 5...hit it on the fly...gave us 140 in...on a 490 yard hole during a scramble.

About 5 years ago I went and bought a Taylor Made Super Steel 10.5 for $175, and have been in love with it ever since. I can get up to 350yds with it if I really get my swing working. She is a true gem

On a side note, about 2 years ago I bought the Taylor Made lobbing wedge.....I FLIPPING LOVE THAT CLUB! If you got some spare coin, invest in one, they are the juice!

Now, I only use my pitching wedge to hit and run onto the green :thumbsup:

About 5 years ago I went and bought a Taylor Made Super Steel 10.5 for $175, and have been in love with it ever since. I can get up to 350yds with it if I really get my swing working. She is a true gem

On a side note, about 2 years ago I bought the Taylor Made lobbing wedge.....I FLIPPING LOVE THAT CLUB! If you got some spare coin, invest in one, they are the juice!

Now, I only use my pitching wedge to hit and run onto the green :thumbsup:

:wacko:

a 300 yard drive is not as elusive as you guys are making it out to be. 3 kids from my old highschool golf team consistently hit it between 290-300+. 2 of them now play college golf. Height definately helps a lot too. The best golfer out of the three, derek, he's 6'2" and is very lanky with long arms. He barely looks like he is swinging, and he demolishes the ball.

I myself only drive the ball around 280, and i don't really care about hitting it 300...

(although it would be nice to take a huge sh1t on one of those guys' balls just once :thumbsup: )

a 300 yard drive is not as elusive as you guys are making it out to be. 3 kids from my old highschool golf team consistently hit it between 290-300+. 2 of them now play college golf. Height definately helps a lot too.

College golfers are indeed a very exclusive group of people in the sport. If those 2 are good enough to play college golf they prolly do hit it 300 yards - but it's still a pretty elusive feat.

College golfers are indeed a very exclusive group of people in the sport. If those 2 are good enough to play college golf they prolly do hit it 300 yards - but it's still a pretty elusive feat.

The driving range is where I really measure it, and I can do it there more often since I am actually TRYING to. There is a 300yd course with a 9-holer right behind it. I am always trying to nail people on the 9-hole. I might get 2 balls from a large basket over that 300yd fence.

The driving range is where I really measure it, and I can do it there more often since I am actually TRYING to. There is a 300yd course with a 9-holer right behind it. I am always trying to nail people on the 9-hole. I might get 2 balls from a large basket over that 300yd fence.

You know that those markers for distance at the driving range are completely wrong, right?

Aren't you the person in the "What balls do you use" thread who loses balls all the time? Either you are hitting the ball really far in the wrong direction, or your measurements are off.

Hey Rlld, if you ever need to replace your Super Steel let me know, I've got one I hate.

Actually "hate" is too strong a word, I've hit some of the best drives of my life with that club but it's just too unforgiving.

I hit an R7 when they first came out. My buddy works at a course and was demoing one from the pro-shop. My average drive is about 250. My first swing with the R7 I nutted one right down the middle about 280. Then I looked at the pricetag that was still on the shaft and gave it back. :cry: