Sign in to follow this  
rallo

Ever listened to a song...

I've been listening to avenged sevenfold's bat country because there is a crazy guitar solo. I figured if i listened to the song enough it'd grow on me, but for some reason it just doesn't do it for me. The guitar solo is amazing, but the rest of the song is just kind of... well... bad. I've had this problem with other songs like beautiful disaster by 311 and others.

Anyone else have this problem?

No

Sure pal, I'm a guitarist and will listen to the guitar on anything even if the rest of the piece is lame-o. We are not alone in this affliction. Jimmy Page liked Amos Garrett's solo on Muria Muldaur's "Midnight at the Oasis" so much that he made a endless tape loop out of the solo and had it playing non-stop in his mansion.

Yes!

Larry Mitchell's "Political Rain".

All instrumental - awesome guitar playing here. :)

edit to add link to SOUNDCLIP

The clip is really too short to appreciate the full talent. The full song is <_<

No

me either .. but if a cute (if not a bit portly) female is belting out a tune - i'm all over it

I've been listening to avenged sevenfold's bat country because there is a crazy guitar solo. I figured if i listened to the song enough it'd grow on me, but for some reason it just doesn't do it for me. The guitar solo is amazing, but the rest of the song is just kind of... well... bad. I've had this problem with other songs like beautiful disaster by 311 and others.

Anyone else have this problem?

Try out "unholy confessions", and "the beast and the harlot" by the same band <_<

Their guitarists are pretty damn incredible.

Also, i'm sure you know of it, but "Texas Flood" by SRV