Sign in to follow this  
congressmanreality

Keyshawn Johnson, 1000 yd season

No doubt, Keyshawn is a perfect fit for the Panthers, he is basically a clone of Musin Muhammed, he blocks, he makes tough catches and he isnt scared to go across the middle, with teams refusing to leave Steve Smith in single coverage, Keyshawn should easily have 80-90 catches well over 1000yds and a handful of TDs, this could be more dangerous than the Bruce/Holt combo of the past few years.

No doubt, Keyshawn is a perfect fit for the Panthers, he is basically a clone of Musin Muhammed, he blocks, he makes tough catches and he isnt scared to go across the middle, with teams refusing to leave Steve Smith in single coverage, Keyshawn should easily have 80-90 catches well over 1000yds and a handful of TDs, this could be more dangerous than the Bruce/Holt combo of the past few years.

Wouldn't suprise me if he did... :bench:

Careful, though...There are some serious Meshawn haters on this bored...

Meshawn does not have the SPEED that Musin has -- ( Remember Musin has the longest TD catch in SB history, so he does have some wheels)

Meshawn has had 4 - 1,000 yd season in his career

In Tampa:

2002- 1088 yds

2001- 1266 yds

NY Jets:

1998- 1170 yds

1999- 1131 yds

2005 - 839 yds - but didnt start 2 games;

2004 - 981 yds - starting all 16 games;

----------------------------------------------------------

This is coming from a Meshawn hater -- as a Jet, and as a Cowboy -- but I think he has 1,000 yard season with Jake at the helm --

Meshawn does not have the SPEED that Musin has -- ( Remember Musin has the longest TD catch in SB history, so he does have some wheels)

Meshawn has had 4 - 1,000 yd season in his career

In Tampa:

2002- 1088 yds

2001- 1266 yds

NY Jets:

1998- 1170 yds

1999- 1131 yds

2004 - 981 yds - starting all 16 games;

----------------------------------------------------------

This is coming from a Meshawn hater -- as a Jet, and as a Cowboy -- but I think he has 1,000 yard season with Jake at the helm --

I honestly think Keyshawn has outgrown his "meshawn" years. Yes he still wants to get paid big money (who wouldn't) But he caused zero problems with the cowboys, he took on his role player position very well and did not complain. He blocks, he goes across the middle, and he does not drop passes....a true team player in my opinion.

Its not out of the realm of possibility that he could have 1000 yards this season. He's still very productive, despite his aging legs.

They needed a redzone target last year (why they pickd up Gardner, but it never worked out), this year they have Keyshawn, and that will help in that area greatly.

no way he can obtain 1000yds receiving. I think the Panthers are a good fit but the Giants would have been the better fit. He wouldve been looked at as a #3 possibily a #2. He would have less numbers but the offensive success as a whole would have been greater with the Giants.

I see 850 yards and 6 TD's

no way he can obtain 1000yds receiving. I think the Panthers are a good fit but the Giants would have been the better fit. He wouldve been looked at as a #3 possibily a #2. He would have less numbers but the offensive success as a whole would have been greater with the Giants.

I see 850 yards and 6 TD's

Not sure about that Better on the Giants statement.

If he went there, he would definitely help them win, but his numbers would actually be worse on that team for these reasons...

1. Plaxico

2. Shockey

3. Toomer

4. Barber

Keyshawn would then be in the mix with 4 others and I'm not even talking about the possibility of Tim Carter becoming a decent WR in the near future. Not enough balls to go around for 850/6.

On the Panthers side there is...

1. Smith

2. Colbert

3. Foster

Colbert has a whopping 282 yards last year on 25 receptions. Ricky Proehl also had 25 catches but he is no longer with the team. Keyshawn fills a bigger stat void in Carolina than he would have in NYG. Higher probability of better stats in Carolina, IMO.

800 yards for Keyshawn, tops.

Anything above this estimate

suggests heavy use of crack cocaine.

800 yards for Keyshawn, tops.

Anything above this estimate

suggests heavy use of crack cocaine.

besides the crack cocaine usage theory - can u explain why .... after seeing these number:

1998- 1170 yds

1999- 1131 yds

2001- 1266 yds

2002- 1088 yds

2003 - SUSPENDED

2004 - 981 yds - starting all 16 games

why all of a sudden does he regress? is it his age? is it his new team? I HATE the guy whit a passion - but #'s dont' lie -- just thought you'd like to better explain your position - again minus the crack cocaine theory

besides the crack cocaine usage theory - can u explain why .... after seeing these number:

1998- 1170 yds

1999- 1131 yds

2001- 1266 yds

2002- 1088 yds

2003 - SUSPENDED

2004 - 981 yds - starting all 16 games

why all of a sudden does he regress? is it his age? is it his new team? I HATE the guy whit a passion - but #'s dont' lie -- just thought you'd like to better explain your position - again minus the crack cocaine theory

You're right. Numbers don't lie. And his numbers since 2001 show a drop in yardage production each year by 9% or more. So the numbers would indicate that this year he'll gain 750-800 yards.

And yes, I see where he missed two games last season. Injury is often another by-product of age, so it's not practical to assume that he'll start all 16 games this season. Had he played those two games, with his 2005 average of just under 60 yards per game, his total would have still been lower than the previous year. This with a significant upgrade at QB from 2004.

No sudden regression; just the steady drop of a possession receiver on the wrong side of his most productive years.

I think around 800 yards and 6tds sounds right. I wouldn't be surprised by a little more than that

:(

I'll take Delhomme in the 7th round please of a 12 teamer. Then I'll take Carr in the 10th! :blink: