Sign in to follow this  
remote controller

Great news for Rudi Johnson and his owners!

Bengals | J. Johnson lands six-year deal

Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:18:12 -0700

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals have signed FB Jeremi Johnson to a six-year deal just one day after he signed his one-year, $721,600 tender as a restricted free agent.

This solidifies an already good situation in Cincy!

I thought this thread was going to be about an injury to Chris Perry. :pointstosky:

This is good news too, though.

I'm confidant that Perry's role is already defined. This is Rudi's running game, and Perry's role, though significant and growing, won't affect the fact that Rudi will have evry oppurtunity to build on his last 2 seasons, and have a shot at being a top 5 back.

I'm confidant that Perry's role is already defined. This is Rudi's running game, and Perry's role, though significant and growing, won't affect the fact that Rudi will have evry oppurtunity to build on his last 2 seasons, and have a shot at being a top 5 back.

Tell me that in next year's camp, when Perry is in line to become the starter...

Tell me that in next year's camp, when Perry is in line to become the starter...

I seriously doubt it. Perry is talented, but this running game is Rudi's!!!

No way. Rudi was a monster last year.

Rudi also had the least amount of runs over 20 yards for any starting rb. Perry is a game breaker. I'm not saying he is going to lose his job, but I'm not that high on Rudi as most people are.

I'll tell ya what, I really hated hated Perry last year as a Rudi owner...in a PPR league. Perry's 51 catches for 328 yards and 2 TD's really put a dent in what Rudi could've accomplished. At the beginning of the season, I was all excited when I saw a little swing pass or dump-off to Cincinnati's RB. But then I saw that it was #23 instead of #32, and it's like, well there's 1.5 points I didn't get! Later in the season I didn't even bother getting my hopes up, because I sure as heck knew it wasn't Rudi catching the pass.

I'll tell ya what, I really hated hated Perry last year as a Rudi owner...in a PPR league. Perry's 51 catches for 328 yards and 2 TD's really put a dent in what Rudi could've accomplished. At the beginning of the season, I was all excited when I saw a little swing pass or dump-off to Cincinnati's RB. But then I saw that it was #23 instead of #32, and it's like, well there's 1.5 points I didn't get! Later in the season I didn't even bother getting my hopes up, because I sure as heck knew it wasn't Rudi catching the pass.

Chris Perry has no effect on Rudi's receptions. Rudi has never been a pass catching back. In fact, '05 was his best receiving year with 25 receptions.

Rudi also had the least amount of runs over 20 yards for any starting rb. Perry is a game breaker. I'm not saying he is going to lose his job, but I'm not that high on Rudi as most people are.

That's not even true. Atleast quote real stats. Check the number of 20 yard runs by Edge, Lamont Jordan, McGahee, Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, Jamal, Dillon, Brian Westbrook, Domanick Davis (and Portis had only one more), to name a few.

Bengals | J. Johnson lands six-year deal

Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:18:12 -0700

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals have signed FB Jeremi Johnson to a six-year deal just one day after he signed his one-year, $721,600 tender as a restricted free agent.

This solidifies an already good situation in Cincy!

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Rudi - 27

Jermi - 26

Perry - 24

I'm diggin it.

And the peeps that are proclaiming Perry the soon to be #1...same thing everyone was saying last year. I couldn't care less how many receptions he steals.

That's not even true. Atleast quote real stats. Check the number of 20 yard runs by Edge, Lamont Jordan, McGahee, Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, Jamal, Dillon, Brian Westbrook, Domanick Davis (and Portis had only one more), to name a few.

Oops. :banana:

Chris Perry has no effect on Rudi's receptions. Rudi has never been a pass catching back. In fact, '05 was his best receiving year with 25 receptions.

That may be true, but if Perry wasn't there, wouldn't Rudi be forced into catching most of those passes? Or would they still replace him on passing downs witbh someone else besides Perry?

That may be true, but if Perry wasn't there, wouldn't Rudi be forced into catching most of those passes? Or would they still replace him on passing downs witbh someone else besides Perry?

If it's 3rd and long, Rudi's on the bench. As far as I can tell, Rudi is an OK receiver, but for some reason, he just isn't involved in the passing game. Prolly the biggest reason is that Perry and the others are just better at it.

Rudi is what he is - 1300-1500 yds and 8-10 TD, but a zero on the reception front. He is the ultimate #2 RB. You're pretty much guaranteed 90 YPG and 0.7 TD per game. He rarely has the "career" game, but he never has a bad game.