Sign in to follow this  
Dog Face Gremlins211

Lions to Accept Offer from Dolphins for Harrington?

The Palm Beach Post reports the Detroit Lions decided not to retain QB Joey Harrington but still control his rights, which has led the team to seek a trade from several suitors. The Dolphins are offering a sixth-round pick in 2007, a source said. Another source close to Harrington said the Lions are expected to accept the offer, with the deal becoming final before next week's draft.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

it might be 6th round, probably is...but the speculation is based purely around what miami was originally offering detroit a couple of weeks ago. there has been no indication yet it is indeed that particular pick.

If I was Detroit I wouldn't accept anything less than what they paid for him, the second pick in the draft.

I've seen Joey during the offseason and he looks "confident" and "ready to break out." :lol:

If I was Detroit I wouldn't accept anything less than what they paid for him, the second pick in the draft.

I've seen Joey during the offseason and he looks "confident" and "ready to break out." :lol:

LOL

I've seen Joey during the offseason and he looks "confident" and "ready to break out." :D

Hives don't add to your trade value :wacko:

-- Culpepper Could Miss Entire 2006 Season --

Thu Apr 20, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

The Pioneer Press reports there is a chance that Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper's rebuilt knee could keep him out the entire regular season with Miami.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'd think this would affect this deal some, and the Lions could get more. :doh:

Next thing you'll hear is the Favre to Miami rumors.. :lol:

the packers excepted a lot less for tony mandarich--the #2 pick in the draft...and harrington was the #3 pick :doh:

the lions missed out on quentin jammer by drafting harrington; the packers missed out on barry sanders.

ouch.

the packers excepted a lot less for tony mandarich--the #2 pick in the draft...and harrington was the #3 pick ;)

the lions missed out on quentin jammer by drafting harrington; the packers missed out on barry sanders.

ouch.

This thread is not about the 80s Green Bay Packers; it's about Joey Harrington and the 2006 Detroit Lions.

Please keep the flame wars to yourself and let's please keep to the thread topic :thumbsdown:

Back to topic:

A Detroit insider told me that Harrington was "very confident" and that same insider told me that Millen, the person who analyzed Harrington and picked him at such an extremely high spot, was a "draft guru," so to give up Harrington for a sixth-round choice at this juncture would be a terrible, terrible move.

He will come around. :first:

HTH!! :cry:

This thread is not about the 80s Green Bay Packers; it's about Joey Harrington and the 2006 Detroit Lions.

Please keep the flame wars to yourself and let's please keep to the thread topic :rolleyes:

Back to topic:

A Detroit insider told me that Harrington was "very confident" and that same insider told me that Millen, the person who analyzed Harrington and picked him at such an extremely high spot, was a "draft guru," so to give up Harrington for a sixth-round choice at this juncture would be a terrible, terrible move.

He will come around. :first:

HTH!! :(

harrington deserved to have last year before being given a final grade in detroit. he got the year. now it's time to move on. not sure what your point is. you insist on making me eat my words that, when i said them, were absolutely true: harrington looked good last summer, was saying the right things, and deserved the shot last year.

it didn't work out.

and as i've said many times, let's stack millen's drafts up with the packers draft during the same time period.

go back to 2001: given the draft board, the lions needs, the scouting reports, etc etc, whom should the lions have drafted on draft day 2001? not talking about hindsight--i'm talking about looking at the draft board THAT day. who? jimmy johnson love d the pick; kiper loved the pick.

I've seen Joey during the offseason and he looks "confident" and "ready to break out." :D

HAHAHAHAH...thats the funnies thing i heard all day.... HAHAHAHHHAHAHA

and as i've said many times, let's stack millen's drafts up with the packers draft during the same time period.

Difference is...we all agree that Sherman sucked as a GM...you are still defending Millen.

And it is not about Lions vs. Green Bay...it is about Millen stinking...and Joey stinking. What about that can you not come to grips with?

Difference is...we all agree that Sherman sucked as a GM...you are still defending Millen.

And it is not about Lions vs. Green Bay...it is about Millen stinking...and Joey stinking. What about that can you not come to grips with?

it's about the state of the overall franchises TODAY because of the past several drafts of each team. who made the picks is irrelevant: the packers have to live with sherman/tts/whoevers picks just like the lions have to live now with the team millen has assembled.

please come to grips with that. sherman is gone, but his draft picks aren't.