Sign in to follow this  
Sportslitter

Most improved Team?

Which team improved the most through the draft? I think the Titans might have. They've been in the cellar the past few years, now they have Young and White. They might only be a 5 win team next year, but in 2-3 years they could be dominant like they were in the late 90s

Which team improved the most through the draft? I think the Titans might have. They've been in the cellar the past few years, now they have Young and White. They might only be a 5 win team next year, but in 2-3 years they could be dominant like they were in the late 90s

I could seriously see it spiraling the other way as well. Young may turn out to be too retarded to assimilate the playbook and White may end up being an overweight slacker.

The Titans may be improved a few years down the road from these picks, but for this coming year I think they are going to be a disaster. Its going to take a couple years for Young to get into the swing of things and White is going to need to heal up and adjust to playing on a horrible NFL team. It'll get worse before it gets better.

Most improved from the draft:

Jets

49ers

Packers

Browns

titans are the boom/bust team of this draft. probably all one way or the other a couple of years from now.

titans are the boom/bust team of this draft. probably all one way or the other a couple of years from now.

Agreed...they took the risky picks in Young and White...but those risks could pay off huge.

Falcons...

Abraham and Jimmy Williams.

Of course they'll be on the field a lot since our Div II gems still have Vick trying to throw to them.

Ohio State is Division II? :dunno:

Tough to say right now. I like what my Packers did. I like what the Titans did. Of course, SF and Denver did well for themselves. We shall see over time.

The Titans may be improved a few years down the road from these picks, but for this coming year I think they are going to be a disaster. Its going to take a couple years for Young to get into the swing of things and White is going to need to heal up and adjust to playing on a horrible NFL team. It'll get worse before it gets better.

Most improved from the draft:

Jets

49ers

Packers

Browns

I agree that the Titans took some risks with their first 2 picks, but to say that the Titans teams is a "disaster" is a gross exaggeration.

The Titans have had an incredible offseason (given their cap hell the past couple of years). They picked up a very good OLB (David Thornton), a hall-of-fame C who still has 1-2 years left (Kevin Mawae), a solid FS (Chris Hope), and a young and talented WR (David Givens). They cut or did not re-sign overpaid players (i.e. Brad Hopkins, Justin Hartwig, and Tank Williams) and they re-structured other guys who played poorly last season (i.e. Peter Sirmon, Travis Henry, and Benji Olson). And they've played hardball with Steve McNair--who any observant Titan fan will tell you has NOT been a team-player the past couple of years, coming out and saying that he didn't want to help any QB we drafted, having apparently no desire to establish a rapport with the rookie WRs from last season (i.e. Roydell, Roby, and B-Jones).

Despite taking gambles on VY and White, the Titans had a very good draft. They added a legitimate deep-threat in WR Orr, a disruptive pass-rushing DT in Mahelona, an uber-talented defensive presence in OLB Nande, and a solid S in Lowry. If the Titans can manage to trade McNair to the Ravens (for maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder next season) and maybe take a shot at Abdul Hodge in the supplemental draft, then the Titans could be a surprise team this season, IMHO.

Its hard to argue that the Eagles wont be better. However they will have only one player from this draft with immediate impact, Bunckley. The OL picks will give them depth, and really kick in next year and later.

Dallasnews' Rick Gosselin rated Cleveland best overall, with 'Zona second.

The Cards were a trendy team last year, but their offense never got untracted. Leinart gives them a solid backup, who should be able to step in when the inevitable injury happens to Warner. The OL got help, but it wont be online (sorry) til midseason. Still, the defense should be better (their draft was A rated last year too) with some maturity, especially in the secondary, and pass rush. From all aspects, EDge wont hurt either, 'Zona is my favorite team for improvement.

J

The Browns are moving in a good direction in a hurry. If they can figure out how to manufacture some consistency offensively, I think they could win 8 games this year.

Especially when you factor in the rest of the offseason, I think the Texans have improved greatly. That doesn't translate to a playoff berth right away (especially in AFC South), but they are definitely fixing the correct areas now.

Switching to a 4-3 defense means that Robaire Smith goes back to a system under which he excelled in Tennessee. Travis Johnson, last year's 1st round pick, played well in the 4-3 in college. Payne will do well at DT as well. The signing of Anthony Weaver at DE is a good move, especially since they are now putting Mario Williams across from him. Babin and Peek can compete for depth spots. Morlon Greenwood played well in MIA as an OLB in the 4-3 and struggled as MLB in the 3-4. Now he goes back to what he does best and the Texans can add Ryans across from him. The secondary is still a bit weak, but they will benefit from having a consistent pass rush for the first time ever.

On offense, there's no secret that the Texans needed OL help and they got two of them from the third round. Eric Winston in the 3rd was a steal. Keeping Carr upright and clean will benefit Andre Johnson, Eric Moulds, and Jeb Putzier. The latter two were FA additions. DD will benefit from better blocking on the right side, which hasn't been up to par in his time with the team.

It's encouraging to see Kubiak addressing the foundation problems that this team has had.

I'm not an Eagles fan, but they got a great DT, LT, and LG in the first couple rounds. Their line is aging and they took care of it in a big way.

I think Justice was WAAAAAAYYYYY under-rated and Giles was the best guard in the draft. They have solidified their line (except center) for years to come in the past 3 drafts. I love to see a team fix their line woes before moving on to skill positions.

This is goign to sound outrageous

the buffalo bills have significantly improved themselves in this draft

whitner fills a huge hole at strong safty right away

mccargo fills another gaping hole, with kyle williams coming in and being the third tackle in that rotation, and lsu fans might agree that kyle williams is a pretty solid player

youboty gives them a great nickel back with room to grow and allows the bills to trade or let clements go after this season should contract talks get sticky

ko simpson, so long as he can learn the intricacies of an nfl defense, will be the starting fs within two year giving the bills the best set of safeties in the nfl

the linemen give jim mcnally some bodies to see if he can sculpt them into football players.

all of these players are high effort team first guys, which is something that was sorely lacking on this team last year

this will be a better team will ti translate into wins? I dont' think so

i still think jauron is not a good coach, and the unsettled qb situation is going to continue to haunt the bills

they finish in the bottom 5 in the nfl and take either calvin johnson or joe thomas

philly hit it out of the park. j.avant is my rookie sleeper pick of the year. hes in a great situation.

Jets, Eagles, and Niners

Bunkley, Justice, and Gilles will be entrenched as starters for years to come. Avant is a sleeper who simply gets open, catches the ball, and moves the chains.

Next year: Howard, Patterson, Bunkley, and Kearse up front. Rayburn, Walker, Cole and McDougle puts plenty of heat on opposing QBs.

2 years from now: Justice, Hermanns, Jackson, Gilles, and Andrews. 5 starters under the age of 25. 5 talented o-linemen given years to gel as one unit is immeasurable.

Jeremy Bloom immediately impacts the special teams, and provides a Tim Dwight injection into the return game.