Sign in to follow this  
Sweetness_34

Matt Millen

we don't know where the lions had him rated. and yes i agree that college success doesn't always equal nfl success. that's my entire point.

I'll admit that drafting Leinart wouldn't have made a whole lot of sense given our current situation. QB isn't a huge need, as I think both McCown and Kitna can get the job done. But the thought of having a bona-fide franchise QB on the roster was exciting. If they Lions didn't think Leinart would be that for our system in Detroit, then they made the right move.

we don't know where the lions had him rated. and yes i agree that college success doesn't always equal nfl success. that's my entire point.

nah, the oilers deserved to win and they did. i've seen it coming for awhile, actually. chelios does need to be put down. ditto yzerman (sad to say).

I do love and respect the heck out of Yzerman. Having said that, the city of Detroit should be freaking rioting or marching or something right now for not letting Y take a face off with 5 secs to go. This could be it for this HOF'er and focking BabCOCK decides to bench one of the best hockey players ever? :banana:

I am mad at that, and I freaking hate the dead things.

the players who go to the better football schools generally make better football players, so I think your'e wrong success is somewhat predicated on where you go to school

the level of competition in the big 10 is certainly better than the level of competition in the mac

big schools get better prospects, better prospects are usually better athletes, bigger, stronger, faster

That certainly seems to be the trend. But there are many great NFL players that come from small schools. Brett Favre, Jerry Rice, and Terrell Owens come to mind.

I was try to attack the view that West Coast QBs are generally overrated. Players should be evaluated on individual talent, not what school they attended.

That certainly seems to be the trend. But there are many great NFL players that come from small schools. Brett Favre, Jerry Rice, and Terrell Owens come to mind.

I was try to attack the view that West Coast QBs are generally overrated. Players should be evaluated on individual talent, not what school they attended.

The best player to ever play in the NFL came from a small school - his name: Sweetness, from Jackson State

I'll admit that drafting Leinart wouldn't have made a whole lot of sense given our current situation. QB isn't a huge need, as I think both McCown and Kitna can get the job done. But the thought of having a bona-fide franchise QB on the roster was exciting. If they Lions didn't think Leinart would be that for our system in Detroit, then they made the right move.

Sorry guys, it has to be said. ShaneFalco is making sense. Swampdog is really just defending the homefront.

Lienart has AS much chance as being a bust as Sims. Every rookie as a chance to be a bust.

You don't draft based on bust potential. You draft based on talent and need. Detroit NEEDS a QB. Otherwise the last 3 years #1 picks continue to go to waste!

You don't have a defense worthy of NOT worrying about your QB. You need someone to manage the ball, and McCown has never shown that. Kitna is a stop gap at best.

PLEASE stop telling me your QB situation was set. So was Denvers. So was AZ. They had their man for the year. They went out and got their man of the future.

Kitna....Stop gap at best.

McCown...Some talent, but hasn't shown much.

King...Didn't even have a job last year.

QB was and is a need.

Stevey Y is one of the classiest of all time. His parents are my neighbours actually. Dont know them, but they are about a block away.

I was surprised the wings were so good all year. I thought their age and the cap would slow them down.

Stevey Y is one of the classiest of all time. His parents are my neighbours actually. Dont know them, but they are about a block away.

I was surprised the wings were so good all year. I thought their age and the cap would slow them down.

One of my all time favorite hockey players.

Having said that, fock the dead things still and fock chelios and his traitor-ass :thumbsdown:

right, you named a few superstars, but the majority of the players in the nfl come from the alrger more competitive conferences

manning, brady, harrison, I'll go with moss, after he went through fsu, fitzgerald, boldin,

FYI, you dont draft players that dont fit your system. Ernie fits their system nicely.

Sims DID have Vernon Davis on LOCK when they played each other. He had a diving INT that game.

One of my all time favorite hockey players.

Having said that, fock the dead things still and fock chelios and his traitor-ass :rolleyes:

chelios got traded to them. it's not like he signed with them as a free agent. i remember him crying at his blackhawk presser when the wings traded for him. that said, he got to detroit and warmed up to the wings nicely. he was a big part of the 2002 cup run.

I do love and respect the heck out of Yzerman. Having said that, the city of Detroit should be freaking rioting or marching or something right now for not letting Y take a face off with 5 secs to go. This could be it for this HOF'er and focking BabCOCK decides to bench one of the best hockey players ever? :lol:

I am mad at that, and I freaking hate the dead things.

add that one to the list. there is no shortage of things to question about the red wings this morning :lol:

The best player to ever play in the NFL came from a small school - his name: Sweetness, from Jackson State

hey, that's where you name comes from! i get it now! :P

right, you named a few superstars, but the majority of the players in the nfl come from the alrger more competitive conferences

manning, brady, harrison, I'll go with moss, after he went through fsu, fitzgerald, boldin,

I agree.

Yes, a majority of NFL players come from larger and more competitive, simply because teams from these schools generally recruit more and better players coming out of high school. But often very good players slip through the cracks to smaller schools. I'm just saying that school shouldn't be a major consideration when evaluating talent of college football players. The production of players at smaller schools may be inflated because of the weaker competition, but game tape should reveal whether or not a player had the skills to take it to the next level.

The Lions blew it by passing on Leinart, period. You can say whatever you want about who they'd have to cut, but the fact is you don't get many chances to draft an NFL-ready QB with his talent, and quarterback is the Lions' most desparate need. If there's a silver lining it's that the Lions suck so hard that they'll have another Top 10 draft pick to blow next year.

The Lions blew it by passing on Leinart, period. You can say whatever you want about who they'd have to cut, but the fact is you don't get many chances to draft an NFL-ready QB with his talent, and quarterback is the Lions' most desparate need. If there's a silver lining it's that the Lions suck so hard that they'll have another Top 10 draft pick to blow next year.

again, i don't understand the leinart love. i will listen to people who want to claim the lions should have drafted cutler, but prove to me leinart is a good fit for the lions. how? because he wants to be in the movies? his weak arm? i fail to see how he resembles anything that martz likes or wants in a qb.

i mean, you same people have been harping on millen for years now for not drafting players that fit the lions coaching system. and now with marinelli and martz calling the shots...you biatch about them not drafting a qb that doesn't fit them? sorry, that makes no sense.

cutler? yeah, now that could be argued if you want...but you leinart lovers need to get off the media hype.

yeah, i understand all the cute names and media pr this could have generated: "matt the lion-arted" and "matt lionart" but enough already.

again, i don't understand the leinart love. i will listen to people who want to claim the lions should have drafted cutler, but prove to me leinart is a good fit for the lions. how? because he wants to be in the movies? his weak arm? i fail to see how he resembles anything that martz likes or wants in a qb.

i mean, you same people have been harping on millen for years now for not drafting players that fit the lions coaching system. and now with marinelli and martz calling the shots...you biatch about them not drafting a qb that doesn't fit them? sorry, that makes no sense.

cutler? yeah, now that could be argued if you want...but you leinart lovers need to get off the media hype.

yeah, i understand all the cute names and media pr this could have generated: "matt the lion-arted" and "matt lionart" but enough already.

You're right, Leinart doesn't fit the Lions. Leinart is a winner and the Lions are perennial losers.

You're right, Leinart doesn't fit the Lions. Leinart is a winner and the Lions are perennial losers.

:D

Lienert fits exactly the type of QB that Martz has been successful with in the past...its well known that neither Bulger nor Warner have the strongest arms but can put the ball on the money....Hell I heard Martz talk on ESPN radio over the weekend and say it was a running joke about whether Warner would even throw a spiral in practice....to say Lienert doesnt have accuracy is to not have watched the guy all year. Lastly his arm strength isnt like Penningtons. Plenty of QB have had average arm strength (That guy Montana comes to mind) and plenty of guys like Cutler who have all the arm strength in the world have two cent brains...

One guy previously said that you draft based on talent....the Lions can find other undersized speedy linebackers but QB's dont grow on trees....striking out with Quarterbacks also didnt stop the Chargers or Bengals from selecting QB's that high....the Colts took Manning after blowing it with George (Granted 7 years later)....Rivers was drafted 5 years after Leaf.....

SD....Name some names on the squad who didnt want the guy because he was too Hollywood....It seems to me that the some of those same players need to really look at themselves in the mirror and stop playing GM. There is very few (1-2) players on that team that can be exempt from scorn inside and outside of Detroit

:D

Lienert fits exactly the type of QB that Martz has been successful with in the past...its well known that neither Bulger nor Warner have the strongest arms but can put the ball on the money....Hell I heard Martz talk on ESPN radio over the weekend and say it was a running joke about whether Warner would even throw a spiral in practice....to say Lienert doesnt have accuracy is to not have watched the guy all year. Lastly his arm strength isnt like Penningtons. Plenty of QB have had average arm strength (That guy Montana comes to mind) and plenty of guys like Cutler who have all the arm strength in the world have two cent brains...

One guy previously said that you draft based on talent....the Lions can find other undersized speedy linebackers but QB's dont grow on trees....striking out with Quarterbacks also didnt stop the Chargers or Bengals from selecting QB's that high....the Colts took Manning after blowing it with George (Granted 7 years later)....Rivers was drafted 5 years after Leaf.....

SD....Name some names on the squad who didnt want the guy because he was too Hollywood....It seems to me that the some of those same players need to really look at themselves in the mirror and stop playing GM. There is very few (1-2) players on that team that can be exempt from scorn inside and outside of Detroit

Hate to agree with you but I do. Our franchise QB is not on the roster, and we had the chance to pick up Leinart and passed. We still got a good player, but I feel Leinart is more talented while also filling a need, albeit not an immediate one. I feel like Millen passed on him because he didn't want to take the risk.

For what it's worth, I still think Kitna/McCown will fill in nicely until we find a young guy to groom. I also think we got some very good players in Sims, Bullocks, Calhoun, and Scott

:wall:

warner has no arm and can't throw a spiral? :wall: :wall: here's one scouting report.

"Warner (6-2, 220) led the NFL in passer rating (101.4) for the second time in three years. His production has been phenomenal in all venues, but his record as a starter in domes is 29-4 and his indoor statistics are staggering. Warner is a classic drop-back passer with great accuracy, a hair-trigger release and good arm strength."

tow kowalski (who was right before the draft about the lions taking sims and having him higher than huff) said the lions had cutler rated higher than leinart. i would assume martz had a hand in the evaluation?

tom kowalski also reported the "hollywood" comments made by members of the lions. he didn't provide names. you'll have to ask him about it.

again, too many people in this thread have made 180-degree turns on complaining about the lions. last year, you same people were saying how soft the lions were, how they lacked discipline, toughness--how the players drafted didn't fit the scheme, blah, blah, blah. now that the lions hired a tough coach and drafted tough players that fit the coache's philosophy and system? terrible moves again by the lions! :wall:

it proves my thesis: you're going to biatch no matter what. i guarantee you if the lions had drafted leinart you'd be the first one posting how the lions screwed up AGAIN by IGNORING defense and drafting yet ANOTHER pretty boy qb who likes strawberries and champagne.

get real.

Hate to agree with you but I do. Our franchise QB is not on the roster, and we had the chance to pick up Leinart and passed. We still got a good player, but I feel Leinart is more talented while also filling a need, albeit not an immediate one. I feel like Millen passed on him because he didn't want to take the risk.

For what it's worth, I still think Kitna/McCown will fill in nicely until we find a young guy to groom. I also think we got some very good players in Sims, Bullocks, Calhoun, and Scott

millen passed on him because the lions had others--including another qb, cutler--rated higher than leinart. pretty simple. i'm not sure why that's so hard for people to grasp.

warner has no arm and can't throw a spiral? :wall: :wall: here's one scouting report.

"Warner (6-2, 220) led the NFL in passer rating (101.4) for the second time in three years. His production has been phenomenal in all venues, but his record as a starter in domes is 29-4 and his indoor statistics are staggering. Warner is a classic drop-back passer with great accuracy, a hair-trigger release and good arm strength."

tow kowalski (who was right before the draft about the lions taking sims and having him higher than huff) said the lions had cutler rated higher than leinart. i would assume martz had a hand in the evaluation?

tom kowalski also reported the "hollywood" comments made by members of the lions. he didn't provide names. you'll have to ask him about it.

again, too many people in this thread have made 180-degree turns on complaining about the lions. last year, you same people were saying how soft the lions were, how they lacked discipline, toughness--how the players drafted didn't fit the scheme, blah, blah, blah. now that the lions hired a tough coach and drafted tough players that fit the coache's philosophy and system? terrible moves again by the lions! :wall:

it proves my thesis: you're going to biatch no matter what. i guarantee you if the lions had drafted leinart you'd be the first one posting how the lions screwed up AGAIN by IGNORING defense and drafting yet ANOTHER pretty boy qb who likes strawberries and champagne.

get real.

millen passed on him because the lions had others--including another qb, cutler--rated higher than leinart. pretty simple. i'm not sure why that's so hard for people to grasp.

I heard Martz say it himself a couple of days ago..your a peice of work bro...and Millen passed on him because he had Cutler rated above him....Its hard for us to Grasp because Millen doesnt have a resume that indicates that he knows what he is doing....

I heard Martz say it himself a couple of days ago..your a peice of work bro...and Millen passed on him because he had Cutler rated above him....Its hard for us to Grasp because Millen doesnt have a resume that indicates that he knows what he is doing....

so you've never seen warner throw a football--ever, apparently--and are simply going off a radio conversation where martz was joking around with a couple of radio heads at espn? interesting.

so you've never seen warner throw a football--ever, apparently--and are simply going off a radio conversation where martz was joking around with a couple of radio heads at espn? interesting.

again your a real peice of work...obviously we know Warner can throw the ball but his biggest attribute is his accuracy and not his arm strength

I feel bad for Swamp Dog. He is the single biggest homer at FFT. Every year he tells us how the Lions had a terrific draft and made some great free agent signings, and they're going to start turning it around. And every year the Lions suck arse and end up with another high draft pick, which their boneheaded management spends on a player they don't need. Only the Lions could spend three straight 1st round draft picks on receivers and still have a lousy WR corps. Only the Lions would pass on the most NFL-ready QB in the draft and take a LB who's not even projected as an impact player instead. No doubt the Lions will end up slugging it out for 3rd place in the NFC North again and end up with yet another high draft pick, which they will then blow on a player they don't need, and next year we'll all get to listen to swamp dog try to justify it again. It's funny but sad too, like a clown with a sad face.

I feel bad for Swamp Dog. He is the single biggest homer at FFT. Every year he tells us how the Lions had a terrific draft and made some great free agent signings, and they're going to start turning it around. And every year the Lions suck arse and end up with another high draft pick, which their boneheaded management spends on a player they don't need. Only the Lions could spend three straight 1st round draft picks on receivers and still have a lousy WR corps. Only the Lions would pass on the most NFL-ready QB in the draft and take a LB who's not even projected as an impact player instead. No doubt the Lions will end up slugging it out for 3rd place in the NFC North again and end up with yet another high draft pick, which they will then blow on a player they don't need, and next year we'll all get to listen to swamp dog try to justify it again. It's funny but sad too, like a clown with a sad face.

simply pointing out that you'd biatch no matter what they did. lions draft leinart: you'd biatch. lions don't draft leinart: you'd biatch.

and that's fine, so what. you just need to realize that and move on.

again your a real peice of work...obviously we know Warner can throw the ball but his biggest attribute is his accuracy and not his arm strength

you want to claim leinart was some magical match made in heaven for the lions. i disagree completely. guess we'll agree to disagree ;)

simply pointing out that you'd biatch no matter what they did. lions draft leinart: you'd biatch. lions don't draft leinart: you'd biatch.

and that's fine, so what. you just need to realize that and move on.

I agree that people would be making fun of the Lions no matter who they picked. It's sad that we'll always be the "loser" franchise, even when we make good moves.

Here's to an improved Lions season in 2006 ;)

we can do this sort of stuff all day. opinions are like a-holes, we all have them. at the end of the day it matters not. so i'll post this draft grade from dr.z, and then you go find one that says just the opposite. and so on and so on.

"B+

LIONS: I see Rod Marinelli, the new coach, surrounded by some good, tough guy types; LB Ernie Sims, a punishing hitter, ditto Nebraska SS Daniel Bullocks, and G Fred Matua from the USC line. And I really like the highly productive RB, Brian Calhoun, despite what the Pro Football Weekly special draft publication said about him. Here's what it said. Under Positives: "Runs hard and competes hard to pick up extra yardage." Under Negatives: "Not a powerful runner who is going to pick up much yardage after contact."

I agree that people would be making fun of the Lions no matter who they picked. It's sad that we'll always be the "loser" franchise, even when we make good moves.

Here's to an improved Lions season in 2006 ;)

if nothing else, an improvement in attitude and effort :huh:

I have made my opinions about Leinart vis a vis the Lions clear earlier. If the Lions did not feel he was a QB that projects well to the NFL (based on the weaknesses pointed out by many scouts), then they have the right not to draft him. Every team in the NFL should do what their scouting tells them to do....not what the Gosselin's and Kiper's and other hacks do. Talent evaluation is NOT a science. When you see how so many teams passed on HOF potential talent like Brady, Terrell Davis, Randy Moss, Brett Favre, Antonio Gates etc, it is enough of an indication that the draft projections are a bunch of BS. Brett Favre was projected to go in the 2nd round of the draft, and he did go there. Are you telling me that if a team got him in the 1st that year, that would be a reach???? BS. However, if the Lions decided not to draft Leinart purely based on the Harrington saga, that is a mistake IMO.

So, having said that, what bugs me about this Leinart thing is that by playing in Arizona, he has maximised his opportnity to succeed. He will play on a team with a stud RB, stud set of WRs and in weather conducive to passing. Hence, he may land up looking solid even if he has his weaknesses. And we all know what will happen at that time - the "experts" will be all over the Jets, Raiders, Lions (and even Titans if Vince Young does not do as well as Leinart) without realizing that the situations are different for every team. Would Joe Montana be Joe Montana without Jerry Rice?

I have made my opinions about Leinart vis a vis the Lions clear earlier. If the Lions did not feel he was a QB that projects well to the NFL (based on the weaknesses pointed out by many scouts), then they have the right not to draft him. Every team in the NFL should do what their scouting tells them to do....not what the Gosselin's and Kiper's and other hacks do. Talent evaluation is NOT a science. When you see how so many teams passed on HOF potential talent like Brady, Terrell Davis, Randy Moss, Brett Favre, Antonio Gates etc, it is enough of an indication that the draft projections are a bunch of BS. Brett Favre was projected to go in the 2nd round of the draft, and he did go there. Are you telling me that if a team got him in the 1st that year, that would be a reach???? BS. However, if the Lions decided not to draft Leinart purely based on the Harrington saga, that is a mistake IMO.

So, having said that, what bugs me about this Leinart thing is that by playing in Arizona, he has maximised his opportnity to succeed. He will play on a team with a stud RB, stud set of WRs and in weather conducive to passing. Hence, he may land up looking solid even if he has his weaknesses. And we all know what will happen at that time - the "experts" will be all over the Jets, Raiders, Lions (and even Titans if Vince Young does not do as well as Leinart) without realizing that the situations are different for every team. Would Joe Montana be Joe Montana without Jerry Rice?

:bandana: agree completely

well said.

The motives will never be known. That is something that Millen and the gang will keep behind closed doors until 20 yrs from now when someone in the room writes his memoirs. It is possible that they just wanted a safe draft and a QB centric draft brings a bright spotlight. When a qb busts, its right in your face and everyone knows about it. A LB can fly under the radar alot easier. Its a much safer choice to make if PR or saving face is a motive. I'm not saying that they didnt need a LB, just that it wont bring the same ire upon them if he under performs any.

Montana won two super bowls before Rice ever showed up....so something tell me yes...Montana could have still been Montana without Rice...Rice only accented the Greatness that was Montana..

Im also going to say is that I wouldnt whine about

the Lions one way or another because I may be more apathetic to them than any other team in football.

SD is entitled to his opinion by all means about Leinert but his blatant and overextended homerism is nauseating. We all love our teams but is this guy on the payroll or something?....

The reciever after receiver after receiver pick was horrible but why would you compound that by not taking a guy who is a possible franchise QB...and to even further the argument if you liked Cutler then they should have taken him because the damn QB position isnt something that you can without 80% of the time...

Montana won two super bowls before Rice ever showed up....so something tell me yes...Montana could have still been Montana without Rice...Rice only accented the Greatness that was Montana..

the Lions one way or another because I may be more apathetic to them than any other team in football.

SD is entitled to his opinion by all means about Leinert but his blatant and overextended homerism is nauseating. We all love our teams but is this guy on the payroll or something?....

The reciever after receiver after receiver pick was horrible but why would you compound that by not taking a guy who is a possible franchise QB...and to even further the argument if you liked Cutler then they should have taken him because the damn QB position isnt something that you can without 80% of the time...

martz thinks he's okay with what he's got. and i'm not in a position to argue with him. time will tell if it's the right decision or not.

well said.

The motives will never be known. That is something that Millen and the gang will keep behind closed doors until 20 yrs from now when someone in the room writes his memoirs. It is possible that they just wanted a safe draft and a QB centric draft brings a bright spotlight. When a qb busts, its right in your face and everyone knows about it. A LB can fly under the radar alot easier. Its a much safer choice to make if PR or saving face is a motive. I'm not saying that they didnt need a LB, just that it wont bring the same ire upon them if he under performs any.

again, millen's finally on the same page as his hc and giving his hc what his hc wants, drafting guys that fit the hc's system to a tee...and this is a bad thing? i will keep calling out you guys here who have harped on millen for NOT doing those things in the past. and you're projecting a lot unsubstantiated conjecture onto millen's motives here, when, in fact, the data supports the picks being above board. how so? those picks fit marinelli's defense to a TEE and fill two VITALLY important positions in his cover-2 defense.

dilfer has a super bowl ring; the bears won last year with atrocious qbs. defense wins, right walt? ah, nah...for the lions there's a different formula because it suits your need to argue.

what part of my posts--and the points therein--make me a blatant homer? giving props to the packers for the best draft in the division? predicting first-place for the bears? i was on record BEFORE the lions picked as hoping they'd pass on leinart. this isn't after-the-fact damge control on my part.

and pray tell, who's your team? or are you one of those who root for several?

"in the 24 hours before the draft, i was hearing sims was no. 2 behind hawk ... and i think a lot of teams were eyeing sims in the top 10 ... if the lions had traded out of nine and the new team had taken leinart, the cardinals were absolutley going to take sims ... they were on the phone with him telling him that if the lions didn't take him, they were ..."--tom kowalski (who was pretty much spot-on with his lions pre-draft stuff).

millen and marinelli said in their thursday presser before the draft that they'd consider trading down but that "sometimes if your guy is there the best thing to do is take him." their guy was there and they took him.

i hope this sheds some light on millen's "motivation" as it were in taking sims over leinart...but i suspect it won't for some of you :(

and if that's true about the cardinals...does that mean *gasp* they had sims higher on their draft board than leinart? :lol:

"in the 24 hours before the draft, i was hearing sims was no. 2 behind hawk ... and i think a lot of teams were eyeing sims in the top 10 ... if the lions had traded out of nine and the new team had taken leinart, the cardinals were absolutley going to take sims ... they were on the phone with him telling him that if the lions didn't take him, they were ..."--tom kowalski (who was pretty much spot-on with his lions pre-draft stuff).

millen and marinelli said in their thursday presser before the draft that they'd consider trading down but that "sometimes if your guy is there the best thing to do is take him." their guy was there and they took him.

i hope this sheds some light on millen's "motivation" as it were in taking sims over leinart...but i suspect it won't for some of you :lol:

Makes sense if Millen and company think Leinart would fit in our system. Sims is going to be good. I don't know why so many people are down on him. If his only problem is that he hits too hard, he's going to be a great NFL linebacker. Sounds like a blue-collar kind of hard-working player that Marinelli wants.

okay, then lovie deserves to be blasted for the bears focked up draft, too. thanks for clarifying.

the bears focked up royally this weekend. end of discussion.

Bears focked up royally in the draft???? End of discussion????

Swamp poosay PWNED AGAIN

Daniel Manning - Starting S on the Bears (and thank God they drafted him with Mike Brown injured again)

Devin Hester - 3 TDs already, 2 led to game changing scores and wins for Bears.....already worth the 2nd round pick

Mike Anderson - Rookie DE from 5th round is on pace for rookie DPLOY. 7 1/2 sacks already....playing part time DE

What are you going to say now dumbfock? End of discussion? Typical ignorance from a moron. :clap:

Bears focked up royally in the draft???? End of discussion????

Swamp poosay PWNED AGAIN

Daniel Manning - Starting S on the Bears (and thank God they drafted him with Mike Brown injured again)

Devin Hester - 3 TDs already, 2 led to game changing scores and wins for Bears.....already worth the 2nd round pick

Mike Anderson - Rookie DE from 5th round is on pace for rookie DPLOY. 7 1/2 sacks already....playing part time DE

What are you going to say now dumbfock? End of discussion? Typical ignorance from a moron. :banana:

tsk...tsk...such a filthy mouth :dunno:

anthony thomas ring a bell? i understand you want to put these bear draft picks in canton already--you are what makes bear fans such laughable commodities, afterall--but like thomas in 2001 these players are in the right place, in the right system, and at the right moment.

hold off on the canton busts for maybe another 12 months or so. free tip.

tsk...tsk...and to think you give your sister tongue with that filthy mouth.

anthony thomas ring a bell? i understand you want to put these bear draft picks in canton already--you are what makes bear fans such laughable commodities, afterall--but like thomas in 2001 these players are in the right place, in the right system, and at the right moment.

:banana: can't admit when you're wrong? Looks like they had a pretty decent draft to me, and you hold it against a team for drafting guys that end up in the right place, in the right system, at the right time, that could be called good drafting. Not focked up royally as you put it.

tsk...tsk...such a filthy mouth :lol:

Wow, swamp poosay gets pwned so now she comes uop with such excuses....who woulda thunk????

Moron - drafting players that fit your system is what the draft is all about. Joe Montana was not a stud (remember where he was drafted) if you go by his draft status. But he did fall in the "right place, right system at right moment".....

You are such a sore loser :lol:

:o can't admit when you're wrong? Looks like they had a pretty decent draft to me, and you hold it against a team for drafting guys that end up in the right place, in the right system, at the right time, that could be called good drafting. Not focked up royally as you put it.

:clap: :dunno:

PWNED AGAIN ..... time to tuck your sheep in to bed next to you, loser.

:banana: can't admit when you're wrong? Looks like they had a pretty decent draft to me, and you hold it against a team for drafting guys that end up in the right place, in the right system, at the right time, that could be called good drafting. Not focked up royally as you put it.

after year 2 in the league--two years, mind you--sweatmeat and others were calling roy williams and kevin jones busts. after his rookie year, all bear homers--and the national media--were saying anthony thomas was "great" and "better than tomlinson."

let the story unfold. :banana:

Wow, swamp poosay gets pwned so now she comes uop with such excuses....who woulda thunk????

Moron - drafting players that fit your system is what the draft is all about. Joe Montana was not a stud (remember where he was drafted) if you go by his draft status. But he did fall in the "right place, right system at right moment".....

You are such a sore loser :banana:

:huh: :banana:

PWNED AGAIN ..... time to tuck your sheep in to bed next to you, loser.

i'm flattered that my approval is so important to you. sorry, you're not going to get it. darn!

that's the problem with bear fans like you: your low self-esteem, insecurity, and inferiority complex rages through in everything you do, say, and write. take a tip from 49er fans. or cowboy fans. or steeler fans. or pats fans. you know, fans of teams that actually have a reason to gloat.

do you see any of those fans of those teams--fans of true team dynasties--behaving like you? no.

sad. and funny. but mostly sad.

after year 2 in the league--two years, mind you--sweatmeat and others were calling roy williams and kevin jones busts. after his rookie year, all bear homers--and the national media--were saying anthony thomas was "great" and "better than tomlinson."

let the story unfold. :banana:

i'm flattered that my approval is so important to you. sorry, you're not going to get it. darn!

that's the problem with bear fans like you: your low self-esteem, insecurity, and inferiority complex rages through in everything you do, say, and write. take a tip from 49er fans. or cowboy fans. or steeler fans. or pats fans. you know, fans of teams that actually have a reason to gloat.

do you see any of those fans of those teams--fans of true team dynasties--behaving like you? no.

sad. and funny. but mostly sad.

You should take a tip from Cardinals fans, and not be seen or heard from until that sorry sack of a franchise you root for actually does something (AKA never).

You really have no room to give anyone tips on how a fan should behave as a result of their team's performance...

You should take a tip from Cardinals fans, and not be seen or heard from until that sorry sack of a franchise you root for actually does something (AKA never).

You really have no room to give anyone tips on how a fan should behave as a result of their team's performance...

your problem is the same as sweetmeat's, outlined quite succinctly above. enjoy the bears. stop with the futile attempts at attacking others and trying to make others as unhappy as you are. if i struck a nerve, it's only because it's true.

cheers.

PWNED for the 50th time in this thread....ROTLMFAO :headbanger:

the lions, unlike the super-bowl bound bears ( :thumbsdown: ) had holes on both sides of the ball. they couldn't fix all of them in one draft. they went with defense in the early going--and did get calhoun in the 3rd for the offense.

the bears had the #2 ranked defense and a putrid offense. there is no excuse for what they did this weekend. none.

Miraculously, the Bears O is now 14th from 31 last year. How did that happen? :dunno:

These old threads are hilarious. :pointstosky: